Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Design your perfect pair of barefoot shoes page

MoveFree Shoes Guest

Primal Fuel

My wife and I have been avid barefooters for several years now. As much as we've embraced the lifestyle, we've found it hard at times because society, in general, is not all that accepting yet of naked feet.

We've been kicked out of quite a variety of stores, restaurants, movie theaters, I even went in to the office one morning barefoot and was sent home to get shoes after something of an unpleasant lecture. It's easy to change your own habits, but it's rather difficult to alter the conventions of an entire society.

Now, like a lot of people here, we prefer to do all our running, walking, hiking and other outdoor activities completely barefoot, no minimalist footwear, no socks, no nothing. We found ourselves looking to minimalist footwear though for all those times when society was just completely intolerant of our free spirited soles.

Soon, we realized a new problem though. We found ourselves spending about eight to ten hours a day stuck at work imprisoned in thick heeled, stuffy formal shoes. While there are a lot of options for minimalist footwear when you just can't be barefoot, there's nothing terribly business appropriate. We love our FiveFingers, but they just don't fly at the office and while some companies offer shoes that are close, none are quite suited for a business environment.

That's why my wife and I started MoveFree Shoes. We want to offer a shoe for people who want to be as close to barefoot as they possibly can all the time, even when society doesn't quite agree. We want to offer shoes that allow you the benefit of being nearly barefoot in the boardroom, the mall, the grocer, wherever.

Now, we could design these shoes based on what we think would make a great shoe, but we want to offer something that everyone likes, not just us.

For that reason, we're hosting a survey on our website at http://www.movefreeshoes.com/contest. Anyone who completes the survey is entered for a chance to win a free pair of their choosing from any of our line of new barefoot shoes.

That way, not only do you get the chance to help shape a minimalist shoe that would be perfect for you, but you may even get a free pair.

Thanks for the support of everyone who participates, it's through your help that we're able to offer the kinds of shoes you really want.

-Adam

MoveFree Shoes, LLC.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I filled it out. Seems like it'd be pretty cool if you could make me my perfect barefoot shoe. Hope I win!

Emily C.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

I'm having a problem with the survey.

Previous items become un-checked as I move down the list of "Importance" items :-(

weird kuno. I think you have to make sure you only check 1 of them for each number, so there's one 1, one 2, one 3, etc. It's not a "how important is it to you" ... were you trying to click the same number for more than one ?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

I don't think so, but will try again.

Vick is offline Senior Member

Why don't you just cut the soles out of the shoes?

That respects the public's need to see you in shoes and your desire to walk around barefoot.

It will take a bit of engineering to get the appearance and fit right... but that covers to 2 needs.

Vick, I don't want to be ACTUALLY barefoot... no desire to build up callouses to protect me from thorns/pebbles/hot pavement/etc, and I also would like to be protected by nasty germs. ew.

Kaizen Guest

Heh, guess you all haven't heard of "Vibrams"? I really don't know how much better you can get as far as "barefoot shoes" go without making them completely useless.

Okay...so I completed the survey. Looks like there are compromises built in.

Hope I win those shoes ;-)

Vick is offline Senior Member

FNW then I'm not sure what you want. My wife around the house is almost always barefoot. Not me.

How do you want to be almost barefoot? What sensation or freedom of movement do you want that shoes or sandals take away?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast