Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: acne and inflammation whenever i eat anything page 2

Tenon is offline Junior Member
    This is just an anecdote, but my girlfriend has acne. She cut out gluten about a year ago and that cut it in half. Recently we discovered PB and she's cut out dairy and most sugar. After 40 days of no dairy her face had mostly cleared up. As an experiment she put some milk in her coffee and within a few hours had several pimples.

Moral: Definitely cut out gluten and dairy and see how that goes.

rayout is offline Senior Member
    I always had issues with acne on my back - no issues since going primal. They come back if I cheat - grains and sugar end up causing problems!

ALLYSDAIR is offline Junior Member
    Friends I have to know that which products you have used, will you please share the name of all these products that you use. You don't only rely on products you must have to do some other natural cure for this. Drink a lot of water a day. Wash your skin with good soap. Don't touch these acne on your face.

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenon View Post

Moral: Definitely cut out gluten and dairy and see how that goes.
    You speak the truth. I don't include dairy now in my normal eating because each and every time that I have some, a day or two later, a couple of inflamed pimples appear. Even fermented dairy. With no dairy, zero pimples. Bummer, because dairy is awesome (and almost worth a couple of zits, to be honest....)

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Hunt3R, I agree with the carb calories Paul usually recommends but I'm sure I heard 600-800 but it is likely I mis-heard. May listen again but don't want to listen to whole thing as long.
    Listened again - At about 21 mins Paul says "probably optimal for candida 600-800 carb calories".
    Last edited by Sue; 08-24-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Goldstar is offline Senior Member
    Dairy and sugar also make my arthritis flare up so they must be inflammatory in other ways as well. My acne is much better since cutting these and grains out.

Hunt3R is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLYSDAIR View Post
    Friends I have to know that which products you have used, will you please share the name of all these products that you use. You don't only rely on products you must have to do some other natural cure for this. Drink a lot of water a day. Wash your skin with good soap. Don't touch these acne on your face.
    Maybe I don't understand your question Allysdair, but it's all diet. You have to heal your gut to cure acne. Topical "products" may help clean up the problem externally, but the source of the problem is internal. Did you read what I already wrote previously?

Hunt3R is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Hunt3R, I agree with the carb calories Paul usually recommends but I'm sure I heard 600-800 but it is likely I mis-heard. May listen again but don't want to listen to whole thing as long.
    Listened again - At about 21 mins Paul says "probably optimal for candida 600-800 carb calories".
    You're right he does quickly refer to 600-800 carb calories but without any explanation. That seems like a very strange recommendation by Paul and I was going to post a comment to ask why but I see you already beat me to it on their post about the podcast: Podcast with Chris Kresser and Danny Roddy | Perfect Health Diet

MadelynMc is online now Senior Member
    Interesting...

I haven't been supplementing too much with Fish Oil (2-4 capsules a day max), but I thought I was doing myself a favor because I have chronic joint pain and other inflammation. Maybe I'll back off. After this weekend, I'm going to try to cut out nightshades and dairy for 30 days and see if that helps.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt3R View Post
    You're right he does quickly refer to 600-800 carb calories but without any explanation. That seems like a very strange recommendation by Paul and I was going to post a comment to ask why but I see you already beat me to it on their post about the podcast: Podcast with Chris Kresser and Danny Roddy | Perfect Health Diet
    Paul also talks about the carb calorie amounts in his new post on the thyroid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast