Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a funny story :) page

primalblonde is offline Member

Just a funny story :)

Primal Fuel
    So I got some bacon from Whole Foods when I was out of town last week & decided to try to render the fat for the first time bc there was so much more than the kind I usually get...well, without using my brain, I grabbed a plastic container...and within SECONDS, before I could get something under it to save the fat, it melted THROUGH the container and all over the floor, hahahah It was hilarious. I was like, "Nooooo!!!!" And then I was super sad bc I barely got to save ANY of it. LOL

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Uh oh, you were kind of living up to your nickname there! (I say that with great affection, as a fellow blonde, who has done many similar, silly things )
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Hahahhah, I actually just thought about how blonde I sound in that post!! LOLL Oh well. =)

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I like to keep an old glass jar with a lid on the stove for my bacon grease. I don't think I own any plastic containers that I would trust for anything hot, what with BPA and such.

That was a terrible waste of bacon grease. Bad Grok! No!

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Old Coconut Oil jars work great for saving bacon grease!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    As a fellow blonde (well, strawberry blonde, now), I've pulled my share of blonde moments, albeit not that particular one. I DID accidentally pour bacon grease into my coconut oil jar still containing coconut oil. The resulting taste was... let's go with interesting.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    As a fellow blonde (well, strawberry blonde, now), I've pulled my share of blonde moments, albeit not that particular one. I DID accidentally pour bacon grease into my coconut oil jar still containing coconut oil. The resulting taste was... let's go with interesting.

BLECH! lol
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    I did something similar many years ago, and I'm not even blond. lol. It could happen to any of us. We just have to learn from the experience.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

I read that someone put it in a coffee cup, so I did that. But I put it in the fridge bc I saw a thing of duck fat in the refrigerated section at The Fresh Market yesterday. Should I just leave it out by the stove? I saw that it got hard in the cup...is that okay or did I just waste more? lol

cranehigh is offline Senior Member
    I did the same thing last week... I really remember my mom pouring grease into butter tubs when I was growing up. Maybe they just don't make them as sturdy now? Need to save my next glass jar so I can keep my bacon fat. It's precious stuff!

ETA: And yes, I'm also blonde.
    Last edited by cranehigh; 08-26-2011 at 07:43 AM. Reason: adding a comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast