Thread: Google fail. Where to buy vibram five fingers in Everett at good price? page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Google fail. Where to buy vibram five fingers in Everett at good price?

Shop Now
    Store locators don't know that Everett, Wa has shoe stores, and I KNOW these are a big trend right now and no shoe store is without them. So has anybody in Everett shopped around and found a store that has them for less than 90 dollars? I'm just looking for the normal black ones that I've seen for $50.00 online. Anything close to that price locally?

Vibram five fingers shoes,five finger shoes,cheap fivefingers shoes

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Scotty is offline Senior Member
    Check your REIs

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    REI is the main brick and mortar retailers, but the Vibram site lists where you can find them. You can get them cheaper online, but retail price is right around $85 for the KSO's.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    fakes are prevalent online... as an fyi.

honeypig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcb View Post
    fakes are prevalent online... as an fyi.
    Yes, was just going to post this same thing. If you find a huge deal online, be very very careful, as you are likely not buying the real thing and may have issues w/fit, quality and even receiving the item you paid for.....

REI does have 2 styles on sale right now, I believe.

Here is a cheapo substitute--just buy a pair of water shoes/pool shoes/whatever name you may know them by. Especially on closeout, you can spend under $20. They work fine and you are much less likely to run into fit problems since it is not imperative that every digit fit properly in its pocket. Also, you can easily put a thin pair of wool socks inside them for cold weather. I have a pair of Teva Protons I have worn thru 2 Wisconsin winters that are just now starting to wear out and I paid under $25. I also have Five Fingers, but truth be told? I like the Tevas better and will replace them when worn out. The Five Fingers I will NOT replace. On a bang for the buck scale, I feel they are way too pricey for what they deliver.

davem is offline Senior Member
    REI. Get the membership, and don't be afraid to take them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Store locators don't know that Everett, Wa has shoe stores, and I KNOW these are a big trend right now and no shoe store is without them. So has anybody in Everett shopped around and found a store that has them for less than 90 dollars? I'm just looking for the normal black ones that I've seen for $50.00 online. Anything close to that price locally?

Vibram five fingers shoes,five finger shoes,cheap fivefingers shoes
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    i tried the vibrams and didnt like them, i do however really like the merrell trail gloves. neither shoe feels as close to barefoot as the $7 kmart water shoes i was wearing before the merrells though

if you do go with the vibrams you should read this first

How To Spot A Fake:
    You know that "FiveFingers" products are counterfeits if:

The url is a variation of "Vibram" or "FiveFingers." Hyphens, underscores, and declarations of "authentic" or "real" products are a dead giveaway.
    The "retailer" offers no contact phone number, or the contact number immediately directs you to voicemail.
    The "retailer" can't be found on our store locator. All authorized Web retailers of Vibram FiveFingers® products must have a brick-and-mortar presence.
    The product photography featured includes our boxes and collateral material—we don't feature packaging in our product photography.
    Brands not named "Vibram" are offering their own "FiveFingers" products. Vibram is the only company legally allowed to produce Vibram FiveFingers® products.
    They appear on online auction sites. No authorized retailers of Vibram FiveFingers® are allowed to sell our products through online auction sites.
    Discounts are advertised. "FiveFingers" products being sold at discounts of 20% to 50% or more are almost always counterfeit.
    You see options for buying in bulk quantities with discount incentives.
    All sorts of crazy colors are offered that you've never seen on Vibram FiveFingers : Barefoot Sports Shoes : Toe Shoes & Minimalist Shoes
    Fabrics and materials appear different. Many counterfeiters are using a Lycra® spandex-like material that has a thicker, less-elastic knit texture to it.
    The Web site or "retailer" posts confusing or poorly written product descriptions and low-quality or low-resolution product images.
    If you are still unsure before you buy, please contact us directly.

LessThanZero is offline Member
    I bought mine at a store in Bellevue called "Born to Run". REI carries VFF, but they were pretty well sold out of the popular sizes when I was looking. I'd prob check REI first because of their return policy, but Born to Run wasn't any more expensive than you see the real deal selling for online (100 bucks for my treksports).

<0

Joshy is offline Senior Member
    Doubt you can find them for $50 anywhere. I bought mine at the seattle REI right off of I-5 for about $85, but that was a year ago. Might be a little less now.
    Webptrainer.com
    The Latest in Nutrition and Anatomy-Based Personal Training.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I'll avoid the cheap-o's online then. Thanks for the warning.

I have water shoes already, maybe I'll just replace them once they're done. I wonder if I can find water shoes with toes?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html