Thread: Coconut cream powder page

Coconut cream powder

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, I have gone primal and then learned I had to give up dairy. Ok...not a problem, when I drink coffee I use coconut milk problem solved. But then there are times that I want coffee on the go...I used to just use half and half but now that is a no go (soy is also out...which is all the coffee shops have as an alternative)....Then I saw coconut cream powder at the store...anyone tried using it in coffee? is it Primal? I think I could keep a small stash of it in my purse and have it on hand...anyone tried this? Or is this just stupid and I should just give up all coffee?....

primalblonde is offline Member
    Whaaaat? That sounds awesome!! What store? What brand?

LOL....I saw it at whole foods and it was like three bucks....have also seen it at the asian food store...apparently it is frequently used to make curries. I have also seen it at other health food stores/ co-ops...Sorry I don't know the brand...green box.

primalblonde is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prncsssmartass View Post
    LOL....I saw it at whole foods and it was like three bucks....have also seen it at the asian food store...apparently it is frequently used to make curries. I have also seen it at other health food stores/ co-ops...Sorry I don't know the brand...green box.
    Argghhh, of COURSE Whole Foods! My dream store...lol Green box. I'll search around.

it was next to the coconut in the cooking/baking section....I think it is the same brand as the coconut...good luck

Happy2Fly is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prncsssmartass View Post
    it was next to the coconut in the cooking/baking section....I think it is the same brand as the coconut...good luck

Is this the brand you were talking about?

I found it in 2 different stores on amazon.com. One store lists the ingredients as natural coconut and maltodextrin. The other lists the ingredients as: Fresh coconut cream, glucose syrup, sodium caseinate, silicon dioxide, dipotassium phosphate. Neither list the macro-nutrient breakdown so it's hard to say how "primal-friendly" it really is. I did get some good reviews though...

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I haven't tried it in coffee, although I remember reading a review where someone said that it's not a good coffee creamer because it doesn't dissolve well. You could blend it with a bit of water and keep it in the fridge and use it that way, though.