Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free coconut oil from Tropical Traditions! page 2

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

oh yay. :-D I ended up paying 26 dollars for the coconut oil, a pail of coconut chips (they sound so yum for snacking), 2 baggies of pumpkin seeds, and a bar of dark chocolate.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Dave RN is offline Senior Member

Hmmm... I get mine from Nutiva, with the gallon running $43, and they have free shipping. With this offer, I got 3/4 of a gallon for $37 plus $9 shipping for a total of $46. Seems that the Nutiva by the gallon is a better deal.

Kaizen Guest

This is why I'm a loyal customer of theirs. They offer great products and are good to their loyal customers. I too am a repeat customer, and I definitely plan on buying a good portion of my food from them.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

kaizen, do you buy meat from them? The story someone posted here about the turkey that tasted like fish (because it was fed fish meal) really grossed me out and I'm not sure I could work up the courage to order meat from TT.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

As much as I love the coconut products, I wouldn't buy the meat, either. They know coconuts, and that's what I'm sticking with.

I love the story about how the company got the islanders to relearn the craft of making oil from their elders.( Not making oil out of old people; you know what I mean! Sort of like that joke: If olive oil is made out of olives, what is baby oil made out of?)

Hello Kitty is offline Junior Member

THANKS! I ordered from them for the first time. I also ordered coconut chips - I can't wait to toast them and toss them with my cooked carrots*.

*I use the processor to thin-slice giant sweet carrots, then saute them in half coconut oil half butter. After a little browning action, I finish them off with a pinch of ground cloves and a little salt. OMG they are probably very very bad because they taste like I drowned them in syrup.

g2baker is offline Member

Yea, thanks!

syzchan is offline Member

For those in Canada, the other day I bought two 16 oz containers of organic expeller-pressed virgin coconut oil from a Canadian company, Everland (http://www.everlandnaturalfoods.com/...h/products.php click on coconut oil on the side panel). Haven't tried it yet, but they were a good deal, picked it up from a small Asian grocery store in Vancouver for $10-something each.

hypnotik is offline Junior Member

I just made an order myself; coconut oil, flour, chips, and dark chocolate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12