Thread: What sort of body weight did Groks have? page

tallgrok is offline Junior Member

What sort of body weight did Groks have?

I have been pondering what sort of body weight would be ideal for a Grok type person in terms of optimum health and functionality. The only reference I have is the BMI which I think is flawed in many respects.

At the moment I am 6"5, 90 kg, 9-10% BF.

I mix weight elements elements of the P90X training program with a lot of walking while eating primal where possible.

I struggle with upper body exercises in terms of free weights I can use and push up style exercises using my own body weight. A solution would be to try to increase mass. More lean muscle would probably give me greater capacity for strength, however I have no reference point as to what a suitable weight should be? Would a Grok style person be carrying more muscle for someone of my height? Or should I simply be happy at where I am.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    I stopped worrying about the numbers a long time ago. Reality matters a lot more than what someone else says is "supposed to be." Just focus on training hard, eating clean and staying consistent. The rest will take care of itself.

Having said that, it sounds like you are at a healthy weight.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    I actually keep wondering if it is possible to modify your body weight beyond a certain point. for instance can you reduce muscle more than say 30 %
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
    I stopped worrying about the numbers a long time ago. Reality matters a lot more than what someone else says is "supposed to be." Just focus on training hard, eating clean and staying consistent. The rest will take care of itself.

Having said that, it sounds like you are at a healthy weight.
    I totally agree. Have you seen Al's post on mastering your own bodyweight? Al Kavadlo – We're Working Out! Mastering Your Body Weight
    I personally like to have benchmarks and goals (which it sounds like you are trying to figure out for yourself right now). He has a really helpful list here of bodyweight skills to work on. I don't personally concern myself with weight but more with what I can/can't do (yet). I'm working through this list and am currently between levels 2 and 3 (when I started mostly at level 1 a year or so ago.) Maybe 'testing' yourself on all of those and trying to work your way up (if you can't yet do all of them) might be helpful?

Just a thought! Good luck figuring out the answers to your questions and designing the right plan for yourself!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

bcbcbc2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

hunter gatherer body pictures by bengvttc - Photobucket ( 4 pics )

Not much mass but lean and hard.

My input for your situation would be try some straight strength training while eating freely but don't try to bulk on purpose.