Thread: Primal Cook book? page

Kaizen Guest

Primal Fuel

Alright well maybe I'm not in the loop in this, but is there supposed to be a cookbook coming out soon? I can never have too many paleo type cook books

Kaizen Guest

bump, come on, no one?

g2baker is offline Member

I think that means it will be a while. But most of the recipes you will find here on the forum. Recipe winners of the challenges will be featured in the cookbook. But I think it will be a Primal cookbook, not paleo.

Kaizen Guest

Well Primal is another way of saying Paleo, except Paleo is a little more stringent. Either way, I'd love to have a really nice Primal cookbook, something along the lines of how Precision Nutrition had and I'd definitely sign up to buy one. I love their books, very nice high detail pictures, and overall love the format of it. I bought the "Paleo cookbooks", which are good, but who wants a PDF version of cookbooks? I know there are a ton of recipes out there, but sometimes you don't want to start up the computer to search for something "on the fly".

OrangeGirl is offline Junior Member

I'm definitely interested in this too, if anyone has any recommendations on a book that doesn't tout itself as primal but really IS primal ... I'd love to know!

BUMP!

FairyRae2 Guest

Garden of Eating--just add more fat than their recs. Pretty paleo--focus is on meat, eggs, veggies (includes some tubers), fruit, nuts, etc. No grains, beans/legumes, dairy (aside from optional butter or ghee). I've found some great recipes in there--each one I've tried has been really good! I'd totally recommend it!

http://www.thegardenofeatingdiet.com/

Ocean is offline Junior Member

I found these 2 cook books to be very useful gluten and dairy free.

Cooking for Health & Performance Volume 1 & 2 in pdf form.

http://www.performancemenu.com/zen/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4&zenid=f93d21b920 0d1498548aa7842fa62c7b.

Cheers

Suzan is offline Senior Member
    Garden of Eating is a nice cookbook.

Molecular Grokologist is offline Senior Member
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Nourishing Traditions yet. It's made by the WAPF, so they're a little looser with the sugar than you might like, and they use soaked grains and legumes, but most of the recipes are either primal or easily adaptable.
    Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I've been reading through my folk's old cook books, like the New York Time's International Cookbook, or James Beard's American Cookery. Fun to read about the old timey recipes and just mentally figure out ways to omit the flour dredging of steaks, and such. Cookbooks from 40 years ago are hilarious.

I think that Chicken Bacon Sammich needs to be in the offical Primal Cookbook(tm).