Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what is a good natural face moisturiser? page 2

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't know how edible it is, but I like Alaffia shea butter.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    I started using coconut oil on my face a month ago ... every morning and at night, as well as using it to remove makeup ... and my skin looks and feels better than it ever has. I've had better results with just coconut oil than I ever had with some super high dollar things.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

rki
    rki is offline Senior Member
    Alright, I'll say it; I stopped using any soap. I used to work in the medical field, so I still wash my hands all the time (and I have no intention of stopping), but otherwise, when I shower it's just water for me. I originally only did this because of skin sensitivity issues, and I was shocked how well it worked. Not only did the skin sensitivity issues clear up, but (bizarrely) my body odor went down to almost nothing.

And (more on topic for you) my facial skin is just awesome. It's clear and healthy. The oily and dry zones have balanced out, and I don't need or use any of the lotions or oils to moisturize.

I'm guessing from the "make-up base" mention that you may not be interested in this method, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rki View Post
    Alright, I'll say it; I stopped using any soap. I used to work in the medical field, so I still wash my hands all the time (and I have no intention of stopping), but otherwise, when I shower it's just water for me. I originally only did this because of skin sensitivity issues, and I was shocked how well it worked. Not only did the skin sensitivity issues clear up, but (bizarrely) my body odor went down to almost nothing.

And (more on topic for you) my facial skin is just awesome. It's clear and healthy. The oily and dry zones have balanced out, and I don't need or use any of the lotions or oils to moisturize.

I'm guessing from the "make-up base" mention that you may not be interested in this method, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
    Same here, over a year soap-free and my skin has never been better. I do use coconut oil or jojoba to moisturize once a week or so though.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersellen View Post
    Same here, over a year soap-free and my skin has never been better. I do use coconut oil or jojoba to moisturize once a week or so though.
    Ditto (except I use coconut oil to moisturize every day or two).

ETA: I did start recently using Rosehip Seed Oil on my face when I wash it (water only) in the evening.

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Grace View Post
    Hey guys,

I have been advised to "not put anything on my skin that i wouldn't put in my mouth"...
    Anyone else read this and think... don't, don't comment in this thread?
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    I use coconut oil too. I slather it all over and let it absorb while I get ready in the mornings. Then when I'm ready to put my makeup on I just buff off any excess with toilet paper. I haven't had to use my Differin (prescription gel stuff for blemishes) in months now. It's also the only thing that keeps the rest of my skin moisturized. I have super dry skin most likely as a result of some medical anomaly brought on by years of crappy health. *sigh*

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    Anyone else read this and think... don't, don't comment in this thread?
    Honey, I live in the gutter. We ALL float down here.

(Whups, apparently channeling Stephen King there for a sec.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Try Tropical Traditions coconut oil moisturizer. It goes on less greasy than straight oil.

AnnaMoyer is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you're completely against oils, try aloe, as someone else here suggested. I really like the smooth texture it gives my skin and it works pretty well as a base. Sometimes though it's not moisturizing enough.

@demuralist: what type of skin do you have? and does the vit E oil break you out at all? I want to try it but I've heard it breaks people out and I have very acne prone skin.
    "Laugh as much as you choose, but you will not laugh me out of my opinion." ~Jane Ausitn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast