Thread: Sugar Coma page

ottercat is offline Senior Member

Sugar Coma

Shop Now
    We were driving through southeast Utah looking for lodging and there was nothing in the car but Twizzlers. I ate three on an empty stomach and promptly fell asleep for about 15 minutes.

Does sugar coma mean I'm really sensitive to insulin or the opposite?
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    You know... I thought it was just me, but the last couple of times I caved to pizza the same thing happened to me. Eat a few slices, then fall asleep on the couch.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    A little over a week ago I had some surgery---hopefully it will be the last one, there were two others---to 'fix' my face. The surgery included removal of my upper teeth! I have new store bought teeth that I don't use well while the mouth is healing. So my food has been things like pudding, yogurt, creamy soups, and EVEN CAKE AND PASTA----all things that you can get down without chewing. Grains just beat out starving.

I usually get up every day feeling hung over. Really sick.

I bought one of those little food processors last weekend and now I grind everything. Even steak. The taste is there but I really miss chewing. Flank steak pate isn't my favorite but it beats donuts.

I am not fully recovered from my week of eating inedible things.

PS. Another sad side effect of not chewing is that I can't stay still very long. Even I can't stand the smells that emanate from my nether regions and have to move along to escape those noxious odors.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried making bone broth? It's super nutritious and you can blenderize some veggies and meat into it so you're not stuck eating sugary crap
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Have you tried making bone broth? It's super nutritious and you can blenderize some veggies and meat into it so you're not stuck eating sugary crap
    +1

And, you don't even need to blenderize if you add the veggies and let them cook until super soft.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    bone broth is a plus on my schedule, but I almost get there with the beef broth from preparing my lamb, beef steak and roasts. Just a bit extra water to the 'drippins'.

Thanks for the hints
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Wander is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    For me any carbs that come from sugar/grains promptly put me into a comma... I used to use it as an excuse to eat pizza and ice cream and night when I couldn't sleep lol