Thread: Quick Brag ;) page

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member

Quick Brag ;)

After catching some virus or other from my kids (I was relatively healthy before I had kids), I stayed out of the gym for about 5 days. I've been back for a couple days, and the compliments from people who just haven't noticed me for awhile just keep piling on. It's awesome, plus I get to plug MDA!

People who never looked at me twice are suddenly noticing that I've changed. And all of them say it's for the better. I seriously had a guy stop me and say something like, "Don't take this wrong, but I remember when you first started working out here. You're looking really good now. Damn, girl, what have you been doing?" That last sentence was his exact words. I remember because it cracked me up.

I went home and checked myself out. I've still got work to do, but I look better and am healthier than I've ever been. And MDA has made this so awesomely simple. I want to give Mark Sisson a big bear hug for breaking down what I need to do and showing me how do-able it all is. YAY MDA!
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on your current and future successes!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    congrats

sportsdoc is offline Junior Member
    Yes a big congratulations on your success. Make sure you do not become complacent and stick to your game plan.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Good feedback is fabulous!

I've had two co-workers today tell me I'm 'skinny'. I'm still 15-20 lbs overweight and still see a big person when I look in the mirror, but I'll take it

One co-worker is a die-hard veggie - tried converting her but no luck. The other probably wouldn't do the PB, but if she asks, I'll certainly tell her.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You gotta love being called skinny! I know I would.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.