Thread: Should meat, fish, and eggs be eaten raw? page

darien is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

I read that the amino acid taurine is destroyed when cooking meat, proteins are denatured, and raw meats are more easily digested. So should they all be eaten raw?

Tarlach is offline Member

No

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

darien,

If I have access to good, clean, meat fish and eggs, I love them raw or barely cooked.

If, however, I have to buy sketchy stuff at the grocery store, I try to make sure they're thoroughly cooked. It only takes one case of E. coli or Vibrio...just not worth it :-X

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

It depends on where you get your meat, eggs and fish.

I eat my eggs raw about half the time. I get them from an Amish farm near my parents house.

I only eat my fish raw if it's prepared as sushi by a chef. Good sushi-quality fish is hard to find in my area.

I've begun eating more of my beef raw, and my pork "undercooked." Both are pastured, bought and butchered locally. I've also eaten deer meat raw. My sister's boyfriend shot the deer. My dad and I cleaned and butchered it.

Typically I will only eat meat raw if it has been previously frozen. Freezing, as I've read, supposedly kills possible parasites. Clean butchering reduces the chance of contamination. I wouldn't recommend buying meat, eggs or fish from a grocery store and eating it raw.

http://wildernesschilde.blogspot.com/2009/12/raw.html