Thread: Greetiings Newbies from Buffalo, NY page

robarm167 is offline Junior Member

Cool Greetiings Newbies from Buffalo, NY

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello fellow newbie primals!! My name is Rob and I am from the Buffalo, NY area. For the past 6 months I have been looking to change my lifestyle and to finally get in the shape I have always wanted to be in. Being overweight has always been the “easy” way out but it’s not the way to live! I consulted a friend of mine who I would consider to be in great shape although there are times when he likes to indulge. He made if perfectly clear in stating that I should do what I have to do to get in shape and I can always revert to the “easy” way of living that I once did if I didn’t like being in shape, looking and feeling healthy. I thought that was motivation enough.

More recently, my niece decided to visit on vacation between semesters; she is studying to be a nurse. We had quite the discussion as we were driving from Buffalo to NYC about health and fitness and this is when she introduced me to the “Primal” way of life. She also introduced me to the movie “Food Inc” which has been quite enlightening. If eating organic food as endorsed by Mark himself isn’t enough, one should think about the ways our food is mass produced and how inhumanely it so often is!!

Ive always had a high metabolism and seemed to take it for granted. People have often stated how I could eat a whole pizza and ½ dozen chicken wings with blue cheese and not gain weight? I have maintained a 31% Body fat structure and floated about 245 lbs and consider myself content. I would often step back and try to eat healthy according to the “CW” way but always found myself back eating the pizza and wings! One thing that didn’t stop me from eating this way was my cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure; they were all normal!! So why fix what’s not broken? Again, this is the “easy” way of living.

This is my second week of going Primal. The first week was weaning, ridding my house of non-primal foods and preparing to go full-bore. I lost 8.5 lbs! I have a positive attitude about moving forward. I stay away from routines in the gym; my cardio consists of sprinting, incline treadmill and elliptical. Pending on the day I do heavy lifting, yoga, abs and a lot of stretching.

For breakfast I have 2 eggs with peppers, onions, mushrooms, diced ham, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. I also have a bowl of strawberries, ½ banana and blueberries in unsweetened almond milk.

For lunch and snacks at work I bring a small container of mixed nuts containing raw almonds, walnuts and pistachios, carrots and celery and today I made steamed veggies consisting of red, yellow and orange bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli, carrots and organic chicken seasoned with garlic, black pepper, onion powder and red chili powder.

In conclusion, it would seem that I have finally found my way of living!! I have never felt more clear headed. Im getting plenty of sleep and I am feeling great! And this lifestyle is quite “easy”!!

Good luck and continued success to all you other newbies!

Monty is offline Senior Member
    Welcome fellow NY'er. Good luck with everything. Sounds like you're on a good path.
    My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#