Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food obsession? page

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

So Christmas is just around the corner, and dinner with the family is going to be filled with pies, stuffing, potatoes, and cookies. When I started the Primal diet I was captured by the fact that so many people were in great shape when they didn't spend their whole day thinking about food. This is great news to me, a person who has always obsessed over food.

In the same vein, I've never wanted to be that guy. You know? The guy who asks for a meatless dinner at his friends house because he won't eat meat? Not can't mind you, but won't. I see a lot of people talking about primal dinners for the Holidays, or asking for Primal dishes and I wonder if that is not the same thing? Just a new food obsession, but one that is healthy.

For me, my plan is to enjoy my normal Christmas dinner, but to offset it by fasting the day before, and IF the day after. This is something I'd probably do anyway since I will be so stuffed. I figure that Grok would have never passed up a good meal because Grok didn't get to be picky about what he ate. I figure that if I don't have any control over the meal choices - which I don't at the holidays - why spend time worrying over it. Just enjoy friends, family, and a plate of tasty food.

Opinions?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I'm incorporating Primal treats into my family's dinner. I've spent the last 3 days at my mom's house, her baking CW treats, and me baking Primal treats. Dad has sampled both and likes them all.

As for Christmas dinner, I'm begrudgingly eating the CW ham (mom wouldn't spring for the GOOD one). Mom's also making mac n cheese (which I'll skip,) sweet potatoes (mine will have butter, not marshmallows,) and I asked her if we could also make broccoli, to which she agreed. I figure it's a fair compromise.

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member

I still dunno. If it is easy sure, but I'd rather not skip things if I am only going to eat them like this one day a year.

mhoward is offline Member

Middle of the road. At family events, I try to eat plenty of things that are paleo or somewhat paleo, and eat smallish amounts of desserts and bread.

Thus, I'll have plenty of meat, potatoes and veggies, even some stuffing, but only very small amounts of cake, pie, cookies etc. This is more in line with my own tastes, now that I am not addicted to sugar.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

I&#39;m really selective about my non-Primal digressions. If somebody picks a dessert or something up at the store, I&#39;ll usually take a pass. But if they made something special in their own kitchen, I&#39;ll have a bite and tell them how delicious it is. To me, anything made with love is worth a taste <3

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I&#39;m never, ever a pain-in-the-butt when I&#39;m a guest. To get invited to someone&#39;s house and make an issue out of what they serve you is incredibly rude.

There&#39;s usually lots of leeway as far as personal choices. I load up on the veggies and meat and take dabs of everything else. If you don&#39;t make a big deal out of it, chances are that nobody else will notice what you&#39;re eating.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

I with you kuno1chi. Store bought - meh. But if it&#39;s homemade, I try not to insult them by turning it down. They took the time to make it so might as well sample it. The other day someone stopped by my desk with a small slice of sugar pie. Who am I to turn down a french womans sugar pie?!?! It&#39;s a once a year treat at x-mas and boy is it worth it!

I grok, therefore I am.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

LTC and DM---

Just wanted to say that you have a permanent invite to Casa de Kuno1chi

:-D

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

Sweet potatoes with marshmallows? Whaaaa...? Is that part of the sweet or savoury course?

We eat them as a vegetable in the UK in place of potatoes, so that seems weird to me (then again us Brits don&#39;t understand how Americans can pour syrup on their bacon either).

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Kuno1chi, I&#39;ll let you know when we&#39;re driving from Ontario through California! :P

I grok, therefore I am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast