Thread: the high heels workout page

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member

the high heels workout

Shop Now
    1. wear high heels for 8 hours

2. walk around, dance in, even run in high heels

3. have very hurt feet but also very sore thighs

4. see quads grow like the hulk

this made my legs more sore than p90x did. either 'muscle confusion' isn't working or high heels literally are torture devices. any similar experiences, ladies??

p.s. this isn't worth it again unless i have someone to give me foot massages for a week afterwards.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Man! I'm one of those people that will fall off a heel half an inch high. The thought of wearing 3-4 inch heels gives me vertigo!

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Man! I'm one of those people that will fall off a heel half an inch high. The thought of wearing 3-4 inch heels gives me vertigo!
    I don't think they were even that high, maybe 2.5"? They were actually surprisingly comfortable at first..... but after several hours of carrying yourself in them, you wish it was socially acceptable and stylish (and safe) to walk around barefoot

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i have a pair of massive platforms -- i think they are 5 or 6 inches -- and they are really fun. i got them as a gift when i started taking pole classes, which you actually do barefoot, but that's a whole other story. so, for fun, i took the more "stripper-y" classes in them, and yes it was difficult.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I gave them up after I broke my leg/tore my MCL because my leg just wasn't stable enough to wear them. I could probably relearn how to wear them now, but I've happily accepted life in flats (except that one pair of boots that I can't bear to give away!). I remember that I used to walk for ages in stilettos back in my fashionista days, but that time of my life is definitely over. Even when I was used to them, they still were killer by the end of the day.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    you're on your toes constantly, weight bearing goes into your calves and quads. 8 hours straight if you aren't used to it? i'm surprised you can walk
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you're on your toes constantly, weight bearing goes into your calves and quads. 8 hours straight if you aren't used to it? i'm surprised you can walk
    i read the bolded part first and immediately got the giggles, hahaha. my feet do feel like they have flattened though, and my left ankle hurts a little.

Owly - damn, breaking your leg?! I'm definitely not going to make this a regular thing. I prefer wedges as sandals or dress shoes with a bit of a platform heel (but over all, prefer being barefoot). it's a good thing i don't like going out to clubby type things that much.