Greeting folks, long-time browser, first time poster. I apologize in advance if this is a repeat question, but after browsing for an hour, I didn't find exactly what I was looking for.
I'm looking for a proven half-marathon training plan, that is primal friendly and not the usual CW, run-4-days-a-week plan. I've followed those plans for the 2 half-marathons I've done, and I became burnt out at end of 3 months. I don't want to do 4 days anymore, not matter how slow or short the sessions are. Does anybody have a half-marathon training regime you'd like to share?
Here is what I was initially thinking:
3 days per week consisting of:
- 1 sprint session, lasting no more than 20-30 minutes. These sprint sessions will include hill repeats occassionally.
- 1 tempo run for 3-7 miles (mileage depends on where I'm at in my training). OR, use this run as an interval one, i.e. moderate run with 30-45 second sprints.
- 1 Long run (I use run/walk method on all runs)
- Cross-train 2 days a week, not being afraid to cross-train on a run day.
- 30-Day Shred by Jillian Michaels 5 days a week, for strength and full body excercises. Video is less than 30 minutes.
Thank you for reading.