Thread: Primal Brownies? page

Kaizen Guest

Primal Fuel

Well one of my "things" are to take regular recipes and turn them into a healthier version. Well I found this one, and honestly other than substituting a few things, it seems perfectly primal:

YIELD: 24 bars

* 1 cup butter

* 2 cups brown sugar

* 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate

* 2+ tbsp brown rice syrup

* 4 eggs

* 2 tsp vanilla extract

* 1 cup coconut flour

* 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa

* 1 tsp baking powder

* cup heavy cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and dust an 11x8 pan with coconut oil and coco powder.

Place butter, sugar, chocolate, and brown rice syrup in a medium sized pot and melt on low heat, stirring until everything is well blended and smooth. Sift in the coco powder. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Beat the eggs and vanilla extract together with an electric mixer until frothy. Then on low speed, mix in cooled chocolate mixture and sugar. Alternatively add in the flour, heavy cream, baking powder, beating mixture after each addition.

Pour mixture into the prepared pan and bake the brownies in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the top of the brownies is crisp and the edges begin to pull away from the pan. (The inside of the brownies will be dense and soft to the touch.) Cool the brownies in the pan on a wire rack until cool. Dump the brownie out of the pan and cut into bars and serve. Frost with chocolate or vanilla frosting if desired. Enjoy!!

NOTE: I took this off Tropical Traditions, nothing has been changed or edited so make your changes as needed. I'd say substitute the heavy cream with coconut milk (in the can) and the sugar with stevia/xylitol/honey, etc. I might try these soon, I just need to do some shopping.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

you're missing a main ingredant...

gonja

Kaizen Guest

I'm not even sure what that is, but I'll make these for New Years. Not to be eaten all the time, but honestly I won't feel bad for eating it as a dessert when I'm really craving some brownies.

Jasetyn is offline Junior Member

Ganga is pot, mate! You know..special brownies.

Kaizen Guest

Oh, I wouldn't know, never done it.

Kaizen Guest

Well I tried these today. I substituted the sugar for, erh organic sugar. I was going to use Stevia or Erythritol, until the shop wanted $12 for a pound of it. Used grass fed butter, and honey instead of rice syrup along with some coconut "creamer" instead of the heavy cream. Well I added too much cocoa powder, because upon eating them it tasted just like cocoa powder. Making this again, I'd probably cut out the honey (seems kinda pointless), use more melted chocolate and less cocoa and maybe include more creamer. I don't know, any ideas on how to make something more moist? Overall it came out great tasting, so I just "soaked" the brownies in coconut milk to make them moist and put them in the fridge.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

"I substituted the sugar for, erh organic sugar."

I lol'ed. You sound like my mom :P

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>