Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 99

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Another update before I hopefully fall asleep. Things I learned this weekend:

- I am lactose intolerant again.
    - I need to reincorporate yoga as my only exercise for now. I can get back to my pullup goals after I figure out the sleep and overall feeling of shittiness.
    - Don't buy poke again in such massive quantities. Causes overeating.
    - Be more flex.

Also I'm popping antihistamines left and right and my sleep is getting better. Finally found the damn problem.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Sleep much better now. I can say with some certainty that I'll be sleeping well the rest of this week.

Potato hack starting now. Yesterday I had some milk to finish for breakfast and the office paid for a chicken salad, with which I ate with some figs, carob chips, and an apple. Dinner was 1 lb of uala. This morning I started out with some caffeinated coffee and a potato. Hoping the ice cream stuff in the afternoon at my office doesn't hinder anything. I also have a dinner with a friend tomorrow so that is the other anomaly. I'm hoping to carry this through until a potluck I have next Monday.

I'm actually sick. I think. I don't think it's allergies when your ears start plugging up... I'm debating yoga tonight. Gah.

Edit: also wanted to add that I'm starting to feel cold already so the calories are a-burning.

Also wanted to add that I gave tqp's coffee and very low fat milk a try and was not disappointed! I was so worried about the half and half and cream I've been using but I think my taste buds are ready for less fat.

Edit edit after lunch: totally cannot handle them cold potatoes. I feel so nauseous after a second one. Maybe I should just look into uala and beans?

Final edit, I promise: coworker suggested that I eat one hot. Much different effect on my appetite and I don't feel like puking after eating. Looks like potato all the way.

Last edited by sakura_girl; 08-26-2014 at 04:54 PM.

My body is absolutely inundated with salt. Ugh @ restaurant food. I probably shouldn't have eaten so much. And then ate some chocolate afterward. My calories are estimated at 1500, but I feel gross as shit. Had 1 lb potatoes for lunch and nothing for breakfast save decaf coffee and black tea.

I have another lunch planned tomorrow, so I guess it'll be a potato thing again tomorrow night until Monday afternoon. I miss and enjoy the coffee + black tea in the morning with nothing else, though. Why the hell did I ever stop doing it, I don't know. Will continue for next few days to get back on track with the potato hack.

Also TTOM. SUCKS. Cramps.

Wow, after lunch I was pleasantly surprised by some flourless chocolate cupcakes. 500 calorie bomb right there. Thank goodness they don't expect me to eat another one, ha!

Tomorrow I hope that I'm not expected to go out to lunch and I can just have my plain potatoes. By the looks of weekend plans filtering in, though, I think that my potato hack will have to defer to next week (assuming that I don't get even more lunch invites). Gah, eating potatoes yesterday and the day before was so easy in terms of willpower...just need the opportunity to do so myself!

Sleep not so good last night. Not sure if it was related to the overstuffing in food. The night before was absolutely wonderful - 9 hours, with 2 interruptions to use the bathroom. Nice to finally get some peace, somewhat.

Edit: Today's gym workout was so awesome. I felt up to the task of everything. Stairmaster for a minute warmup was so easy. Push press was so easy. Pullups were so easy. Pushups were so easy. Sprinting was so easy. Stretching was divine.

135 lbs. Not shabby for TTOM + sparkling water [tends to stay in my body long time] + salty lunch + chocolate cake + not very much sweating. Can't wait for the weigh in next weekend after potatoes.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 08-28-2014 at 09:43 PM.

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    So are you retrying the PH?

Glad to know you liked my coffee combo.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    So are you retrying the PH?

Glad to know you liked my coffee combo.
    Yes! Starting tonight through next week sans Monday night feast and hopefully not too many lunches by invitation next week.

Yushhh I am totally making 1% lattes at home after this hack

So this weekend was a little full of fail. Here's why.

Saturday started off great. Cleaned the house and went on a hike (~600 calories burned). Food was morning coffee and a few small samples of fruit at the farmer's market. Lunch was a pound of fat free potato puffs. Post-hike, I went to a bubble tea place and had a very not sweet lemon-honey tea with fig seed jelly. Dinner was 1.5 lb of 'uala.

Sunday rolls around. Breakfast is 1 lb of 'uala. Okay. Then lunch was 2 boiled and cooled potatoes, and some napa cabbage and shirataki dipped in ponzu. Took a trip to Whole Foods and all hell broke loose. Had some hazelnuts, Valrhona chocolate pearls with wheat, and chocolate coconut water in the afternoon. Went to yoga, which ended up being not very strenuous at all, and I came back and had a strawberry-banana smoothie. 2100 calories. Shit.

Monday wasn't much better; probably was still aching for some protein. The morning consisted of coffee with milk. Had a smoothie late morning, and then kind of went crazy at the 2 parties I went to. Also came home and ate a caloric bomb of coconut milk ice cream because I was a) hot and b) craving something. 2200 calories.

Anyway, going to try to go back to the potato hack again this week. I do have a dinner to interrupt things a bit, but hopefully not much else going on.

Edit: I think I will take this week a little easier on the food. I have a head cold.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-02-2014 at 04:49 PM.

I'm finding more and more that the more I share on my journal and muse about ideas, the less likely I am to do them.

Case in point: the potato hack. Complete fail this week. I got sick (excuse), insomnia-becoming-tiredness (excuse), and work offered me a toooon of junk food (worst excuse). The good news is, I know now where to get authentic Italian pizza near my work and I know a good mooncake place in East Bay. I am never eating that much food in one day again though O____O Biggest binge in several months (3000 cals).

I'm also glad I was able to get some yoga in this week so that I could relax a bit. It's been a while since I've been to the gym; kind of scared of what will happen once I start my pull-ups since I think my back muscles may have deteriorated a bit.

Just trying to get my sleep back on track for now. Can't wait to sleep tonight.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bought 2.5 lb Asian pears, 4 pomegranates, and 1.25 lb grapes on the weekend. Then realized that I really wanted to try the potatoes this week so I ate a tooooon of fruit for 2 days in addition to some basic meals. I think the pomegranates caused me some digestive stress due to the high fiber in the seeds.

Had potatoes all of yesterday with celery (except about 100 calories of milk in my tea in the morning and mints). Then I got insomnia and couldn't sleep, so I also took in about a Tbsp of honey at 2am. >_> Potato all day today, then took a quick walk at the gym before weighing myself. I feel pretty bloated both glycogen-wise and having-not-pooped-wise, so 136 on the scale that puts me on the heavier side is not a bad measurement. Hopefully I sleep better tonight, since I had dinner closer to sleep.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-09-2014 at 07:31 PM.