Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 98

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_noor89 View Post
    Not medjool, Persian fresh dates, like from Bam region. They are juicy.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Huh. This is the first I've heard of them. Do you have any advice on where to find these?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Al_noor89 is offline Junior Member
    In London, I get them from Persian, Arabic or Turkish shops. International, mediterranean food stores & offlicense, they would usually sell Turkish delight & other delicacies. So try in these places if you can. You could possibly try by ordering online also.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_noor89 View Post
    In London, I get them from Persian, Arabic or Turkish shops. International, mediterranean food stores & offlicense, they would usually sell Turkish delight & other delicacies. So try in these places if you can. You could possibly try by ordering online also.

I'll look for them next time I go to this plaza where I know there's an international food store. Thanks!

I think my weigh-in on the 24th was a typo; I'm showing 136 on cronometer at that time. But in any case, I'm 135 as of Thursday! With 1 L of sparkling water in my belly. Definitely feel more plump in my midsection lately; not sure if it's really fat or if it's just bloating since my arms haven't de-bloated as much as I'd like. Or just the fruit in my stomach still digesting/collecting.

Still having the chocolate problem. It's becoming a real problem [>100g/day]. Haven't gotten the time to get those dates yet to try, either :/ But upping my fructose intake significantly over the last week has not only significantly increased my calorie intake [1800 average this week] but also has created a few stomach issues, mainly because really cold fruit at night isn't good for my gut.

Sleep improved this week. Last night was tougher, but at least better than last week. Not sure if it's the increased carbs or just tiredness.

Loving Costco again. There's poke this month! Also I bought huge bags of frozen fruit for smoothies and a 6-pack of egg whites. Huge ass grocery bills late this month due to the bulk. My freezer is full and happy.

I bought a cute lunch bag online. Hoping it comes in as expected. Have been using Whole Foods bags. Can't wait!

That is all on the updates.

Quick note: calories at 3k today and don't feel disgusting. I am either really calorie deprived or just finally my body has stopped being on overdrive and I can eat without feeling sick. Either way, I am happy it likes the fruit [600 cal] and macadamias [400 cal] and chocolate [1,000 cal] I fed it today... in addition to chicken liver [150 cal] and shellfish [300 cal] and lamb [150 cal]. I could almost call this caveman except the chocolate is a bit much and I had a ton of oat milk also.

Crudddd avg calories 2300 this week. Going potatoes for 5 days including the weekend >_>

I was stupid and ate 150g chocolate a day. I don't know why I made that kind of decision. *sigh*

WOW I got my deep sleep for a full duration back last night. 2 possible causes:

1. Ate potatoes for lunch and rice for dinner. Starches making me sleepy.
    2. Wore flats so my back hurt less

Watching lots of Mad Men and now wearing lots of tie blouses lol. NEED TO GET INTO A SMALLER SIZE, DAMMIT. And I am gaining fat while losing muscle

Knee hurt today from heels. Probably due to lack of sleep and slow deterioration of my joints. Hopefully I can start sleeping properly again tonight. I did have potatoes for lunch.

2 pullups, 1 chin up, 22 assisted pullups. 10-6-5-5 pushups before I had to go on my knees in order to do more than 5 in a row, to make 50. 50 lunges. 50 bicycles. 50 russian twists. Knee hurt too much to do anything else.

135 lbs. Not too bad given the water weight retention from my period.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 07-29-2014 at 11:11 PM.

I'm back! from a long vacation away in amusement park-land. I basically was forced to eat wheat because our inn's breakfast consisted of 2% milk, crappy coffee, cereal, and bread w/high fructose corn syrup jam and soy oil butter. Without completely dying at the daily stuffs at the amusement park, I also had to drink high fructose corn syrup beverages to keep hydrated and to avoid low energy from walking around all the time. Turkey legs (with wayyy too much salt, btw) can only do so much for you, especially at a steep price of $10 each :/ Then every evening the food would be the conventional stuff that I'd never want to eat. Bleh.

Came back and did an evening at the gym. Totally bad idea; I think it just served to heighten my stress levels and make my back pain worse. But I did weigh in - 134! With tons of salt circulating and just all my fat all droopy since there was no muscle use for a week. Can't wait to get back into the groove and hopefully with my back pain going away.

Also I binged for the past few days. Yesterday I hit 3000, partially from a really really really good locally-made pie with real butter crust, and lack of sleep causing me to snack on cashews.

Also, Chanel's 2014/2015 haute couture designs = LOVE. I don't know why I tend to like their haute couture more than the ready to wear lines :/

Just had sheep milk. OMG. I put half a cup in a post-workout smoothie. I was getting tired of strawberries and egg whites, but I think I just like it again since the milk just added another dimension... granted, though, it was whole milk. I tried it on its own and felt like I was drinking half and half. Which isn't bad, but I can't drink it like that as easily. Not sure if the $12 for a quart was worth it.

Sleep did another dive bomb early this week but re-righted. Need to work my muscles sooooon.

Have a busy weekend in front of me and excited to partake. Mostly looking forward to my massage. Yay.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh my goodness, the gas. It started Friday night and then carried over to today. It might be the introduction of milk with lactose. Or the starchy carbs consisting of chestnut that I've been consuming at night, as I haven't had a proper serving of starches in almost a month. Either way, HOLY SMOKES it farking stinks when I wake up >_>