Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 9

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I went into Nutritiondata and plugged stuff in for today's log. I could have done better on eating more vegetables (maybe 3 servings of leafy greens + less than 1/2 cup of other stuff collectively), but otherwise I did really well. And fullness factor? Definitely NOT a 2.4, lol!

What I am REALLY proud of is my n6:n3 ratio! I didn't even take into the account that the butter was grassfed, but my ratio is about 2:1! Without eating any fish! Although I slightly cheated with one omega-3 supplement of 300mg. Whooooo

FYI, this is before I added my multivitamin supplement, which pretty much shoots the remaining B, C, and E vitamins through the roof. Tomorrow I'm aiming to be able to be over 100% for all my recommended amounts without the multivitamin.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 10-26-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that is some impressive data presentation. Any tips on how you managed the O6:O3 ratio, especially without fish?

Well done on the rest of the nutrients too! Especially the minerals and vitamin D.

Thanks! Yesterday I ate a huge lamb shoulder for dinner, and that helped my o3 ratio a lot. I also think because leafy greens have a lot of o3, it brings in a lot of plant sources of o3, which might skew my numbers a bit more. Otherwise, my other foods were very high in saturated fats (eggs, salami, cheese)

Thursday, October 27

Although plugging stuff into Nutritiondata is a pain, I like being able to see what my n6:n3 is. And all the nutrients are laid out for me!

Today I didn't have any leafy greens, but I did have a lot of varieties of vegetables. Somehow I managed to eat onions, garlic, and shallots in the same day, which was interesting! My main protein was beef, but I also got in some eggs and scant amounts of seafood.

My amino acid score was low, which was really bummer. Again, slightly lacking in some B-vitamins and Vitamin E, but that's what my multivitamin is for! I'm also glad that my sodium and potassium amounts are more balanced. n-6 to n-3 about 4:1, but that's probably due to the fact that I logged in a lot of butter and some scant amounts of vegetable oil. I really need to stop with the half and half in my coffee...thinking about reverting to coconut milk, although I am a bit apprehensive since it doesn't taste the same at all. Maybe I'll try half coconut milk, half half and half (does that make it quarter-and-quarter now?) and see if I can ween myself off dairy in coffee that way.

Sunday, Oct 30

Fun, fun trip back in the city. Ate way too much, including deep dish pizza (I picked at the crust) but not so that I was overly bloated like I normally do. So liberating, especially compared to my sluggish carb-laden friends!

Today I came back and pretty much ate chocolate all day, except for some cauliflower and eggs at night after some deadlifts and sprinting.

Got majorly screwed over by the n3:n6 ratio today because I picked a little at my friend's trail mix. I ate 8-10 nuts total, but that totally messed me up! Good thing the next day I am having salmon.

Monday, Oct 31

Wow, I am so full right now. I IF'd during breakfast, but had a really big dinner (and I keep going back to the fridge to get more 100% grass fed whole milk yogurt lol)

n3:n6 ratio at pretty much 1:1 whooooo. I really need to restrict my dairy because I love the stuff too much, and when I buy it I end up consuming it ALL =[ Also because it's increasing my carb intake. Good thing I am not lactose intolerant! But otherwise, did really well today with several servings of spring mix, cauliflower, and lots of salmon. Mmmmmm

Tuesday, November 1

Whew, first day of November already! I feel a lot better this first day of the month than last month's first day, for sure! I think I have improved a lot in terms of amount of carbohydrates and easing up on the exercise.

Today my coworkers and I went out to eat at a Thai restaurant. They wanted to do everything family style, so after they finished ordering the summer wraps, fried rice, pad thai, and vegetable stir fry, I immediately requested some duck stir fry so that I wouldn't be completely curiously picking at the chicken in the pad thai. The duck was done so poorly, and I felt bad that nobody else was eating it, so I pretty much ate the entire damn plate by myself. Damn you, wheat-ful soy sauce and vegetable oil! I incorporated those into my calculations, and hopefully only absorbed 1.5Tbsp of the oil from the vegetables and part of the duck skin, since the vegetables weren't terribly soft, which indicates it was a light stir fry. I totally understand how Asian restaurants are a terrible SAD bomb for PBers.

Thankfully I ate a bunch of canned Alaskan salmon tonight, which made up a lot for the oils I ate earlier on. Tomorrow will be another story, since I'll be eating out both lunch and dinner...*sigh* Can't wait to get back to the Bay and eat homemade stuff like I used to.

Dammit, almost did really well today. Except after work we went out to eat at a bar, and I ended up eating too much of the cubed cheese...ARGH. It wasn't even good cheese, too, but I guess I ate it because I felt like I had to eat something... and then I came home and then ate a bag of popcorn instead of going to sleep. Also didn't exercise at all today, so that sucked...

n6:n3 at 4:1, which isn't terrible, and at least PUFAs are at around 5% of my total fat. At least I can consider today my carb-up for tomorrow, although I am really sad that I used a terrible source of carbohydrates to fuel my workout. Anticipating digestion issues tomorrow...

Aw man. I went ahead and ate the rest of my TJs organic marinara vodka sauce, cooked and ate 4 soft boiled eggs, and had the rest of my coconut milk. Just way too much in my snacky mood, I guess Looks like tomorrow's workout is going to be fasted!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thursday, November 3

So today ended up not being fasted. lol. But it went pretty well anyway. I had a very small breakfast and small lunch and then ate the last of my cheese for dinner, along with some eggs and spinach with butter, and 100% chocolate for dessert. I went to the gym pre-dinner to work off all of my glycogen from the previous day, and my muscles were pretty tired at the end, which I am happy about.

I factored in last night's unlogged junk food binge so that I could see the macros and micros of everything XD

The omega-3 ratio is a bit screwed up in today's because I ate 2/3 dozen eggs for breakfast and dinner, and the ones I ate had 75mg DHA each, with the total amount of omega-3s at 300mg. Nutritiondata has them preset at 500mg omega-6 and less than 100mg omega-3, so I did the math and ended up with about 3400mg n-3s and 6800mg n-6s, which definitely a nicer ratio of 2:1. Sweet.

Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast