Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 89

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Shop Now
    Have you tried drinking juice? lol.

And you can't bring a dish of, say... Potatoes (or sweet potatoes) to the thanksgiving dinner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Have you tried drinking juice? lol.

And you can't bring a dish of, say... Potatoes (or sweet potatoes) to the thanksgiving dinner?

The hostess didn't ask people to bring stuff. I'm an overachiever for even suggesting too bring wine xD the biggest thing is that I am too lazy to brush our floss at their place after dinner x.x

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Also, juice is too sweet for me usually (too lazy to water down and have to drink even more juice). I don't care for the amount of sugar that Peat advocates; I eat sugar sensibly and try to eat it in whole form.

Oh, man. I just realized I cannot gnaw down on sugar cane for the next 2 years either. :/ That stuff is magical.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Also, juice is too sweet for me usually (too lazy to water down and have to drink even more juice). I don't care for the amount of sugar that Peat advocates; I eat sugar sensibly and try to eat it in whole form.

Oh, man. I just realized I cannot gnaw down on sugar cane for the next 2 years either. :/ That stuff is magical.
    Understandable. I was just thinking juice + gelatin would be quite nutritious.

I don't think sugar is magical like peat does but it definitely hasn't impeded my progress in leaning out once I figured out how to incorporate it. I can actually see a difference in muscle definition in just a few days (comparing a leg pic from this Monday vs this Thursday).

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

The main problem that I've noticed when eating high sugar is that everything leans out EXCEPT MY STOMACH. I tried high sugar for about 3 weeks, although while not heavy lifting at the gym. During that time, I exercised still a fair amount through self defense and short intense bodyweight stuff, and my pant size still went more conventional -> my thighs now fit a lower sized pants, though the waist now fits, whereas before it was my thighs were too tight for the fabric and my waist was too small. I also have a hunch that all my mass lost was muscle.

D: This morning before I left for yoga, I made a bulletproof coffee for myself that included about 1/2 tbsp butter. Wow, I cannot believe that I used to drink that really rich stuff in the morning, with even more fats! So I am sitting in my car, driving to yoga, wondering why in the hell I was so bloated this morning. Yesterday I had a bunch of custard...so nothing that my body would have totally rejected...

Until I got to yoga. We were doing the chair pose 30 minutes in, and I felt the familiar whoosh down my pants...I toughened it out and hoped it wouldn't show through my yoga pants...I had to give it a good wash when I came home. Other than that, my stomach oh so terribly hurts I guess my stress has re-heightened to prior levels again, based on the pain of this cycle. Gahh.

Aaaand nothing like a sprinkling of piano playing to calm one down for the night.

Success! Finally slept a decent amount last night. Was having trouble sleeping for the past few weeks. My solution: no games after 5pm, playing some piano to calm down, taking some magnesium, and sleeping early (in this case put myself down at 8:30). Hope it works moving forward as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Consuming an average of 1,000 calories this week....wow. I can't wait til I start working out and crash. Getting some teeth extractions soon, so I definitely can't cheat and have a few dark chocolate cashews... On the bright side....3 cups of coffee a day with cream gives me half my Vitamin B2 needs!

To be honest, I can't wait to weigh myself this weekend. FINALLY glycogen depleted to do an accurate measurement!

Need to find some things to do during my days off at work...I accumulated so much stress from having no vacations, and now I have a bunch of days off. D'oh.

Also, for the record, I hate overly nosy people.

/ADD

Oh, man. Traffic is so horrific right now. I wish people could drive normally in the rain :/

The countdown begins until LinkedIn opens up in Sunnyvale in 2014 and Apple opens its dome in 2016. I'd have to take Highway 1 to work.

Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast