Page 87 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 87

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    OK, from the fact that I literally did not consume anything except an ear of corn until I drank my first sip of caffeinated coffee with heavy cream, and that my throat started to swell, I think the culprit is my wonko lymphatic system.

I finally went to the gym for the first time in forever and did a bunch of snatches until I got tired. Good stuff. I am not cold at all sitting in front of my computer today. Don't think it's due to a noticeable increase in evening temperature, either.

Also weighed myself @ 145. Since I still lost a half size, I'm going to just assume that I was constantly bloated with water.

I'm getting braces soon....gahhhhhh

Well shit, cheese really doesn't go well for me, probably due to the acidic bacteria. Today I was able to find Lifeway Farmer's low fat cheese with very low salt. I got so happy because basically the entire container had 300mg sodium, well within my daily tolerance of salt. I ate half the container as a dessert after my lunch at 2pm, and then the rest for my early dinner at 5pm. Afterward I drank about 500mL of chocolate coconut water, 3 apples, and about 250mL of water. Despite the liquids, have not used the bathroom since. I can feel it building up in my fingers.... :/ Also everything is sitting as a brick in my stomach and getting gassy.

My lymph nodes have died down but I can feel myself just getting sick now. Also I think power yoga sucks. Or my teacher does.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    You do okay with dairy in general? Sounds like some sort of allergic reaction to dairy (cream in coffee, cheese...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Yeah, the stuffed nose I get from consuming an excess of dairy feels significantly different from the throat swelling I felt this past week. I would have centered in on the cream as well, though the fact that I did not have a coffee with cream every day during the week and still having the swollen throat indicated that it was something else.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Well hopefully nothing serious. Some of the stuff I see for swollen lymph nodes seem scarier than hives/allergies...

I had always heard Chinese folklore that low iodine causes swollen lymph nodes. Prbly not real science...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Well hopefully nothing serious. Some of the stuff I see for swollen lymph nodes seem scarier than hives/allergies...

I had always heard Chinese folklore that low iodine causes swollen lymph nodes. Prbly not real science...
    Thanks, appreciate your concern. I have googled the lymph node issues myself, and it did look scary. Looks like it is quite a common symptom of anxiety, though, so I am trying to dial back on the activity side. More rest.

Lol!! I totally know what you mean on the Chinese belief on iodine. I actually did eat some dried seaweed for several days straight and the symptoms have finally gone away, with a combination from no corn silk water, no egg, and added ginger. Now to find out what it really was...xD But it made the most sense, considering I don't eat as much salt as the normal person.

DSCN1786.jpg

Yay, 2 days' worth of farmer's market goods.

Top shelf: 30 and then some brown organic eggs, honey comb, 1/2 lb Asian pear (konnyaku in the back is not from the market)
    Medium shelf: 2 lbs fuji apples, 3 lbs pomegranates, 1 lb Kyoho grapes, 1.5 lb persimmons, 3/4 lb pork sirloin
    Bottom shelf: 2 bunches of colorful carrots, 2 bunches of colorful radishes, 1 bunch celery
    Crisper: 2 lbs mustard greens, 4 ears of corn, 1 lb winter melon

Consumed from yesterday: 1 lb apple, 1 lb pomegranate, 1 lb Kyoho grapes, 1 ear of corn

Updates:

Wow, in the past few days I found out that we have Costco branded trail mix and I went apeshit over the cashews and peanuts in the packages...even overate a ton yesterday and literally hours later, I got stomach cramps. Learned my lesson, but couldn't resist taking another handful today.

Last week I got to do some snatches, very easy deadlifts, and some push presses and 2 days later went swimming. Don't know which is contributing to my rotator cuff pain :/

I think I am very sensitive to soup. Histamine release? Very odd, but after drinking soup, I literally do not pee for a good 10 hours or so while everything culminates in my body. It doesn't matter if there is salt or not in the soup, just if there is a good amount of meat.

Feeling stressed out. I go to sleep at 11 and auto-wake at 6:30. Might be daylight savings, too, though... but my stress pain in my shoulder/traps area started up again. And dispersed, not heavy, but still there-pressure headaches.

Said "f it" today and just got a delicious coffee this morning. The caffeine was so worth it - I think it was one of Four Barrel's newer roasts from somewhere in Latin America. Absolutely beautiful taste and completely made my morning zoom by.

Last but not least, ACNE ON MY FACE. Where the eff are these coming from? I never get acne except on my forehead, but this one was by my nose =.=

I am starting to get a little irritated at overall state of mind in this forum. There is quite a bit of static, mindless extremism that we make fun of the "sheeple" in our country for. For example, I used to like the thread "Funny CW moments" because people would talk about how their coworkers freak out over their huge ribeye salad for lunch or drinking coffee with pure cream. But now it's like "hehe hoho, I saw someone purchasing fruit at the grocery store and felt sorry for them" or "there is no fat in this generic brand of yogurt that I would have bought if it contained fat, and I refuse to buy it and add my own fat." REALLY.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am starting to get a little irritated at overall state of mind in this forum. There is quite a bit of static, mindless extremism that we make fun of the "sheeple" in our country for. For example, I used to like the thread "Funny CW moments" because people would talk about how their coworkers freak out over their huge ribeye salad for lunch or drinking coffee with pure cream. But now it's like "hehe hoho, I saw someone purchasing fruit at the grocery store and felt sorry for them" or "there is no fat in this generic brand of yogurt that I would have bought if it contained fat, and I refuse to buy it and add my own fat." REALLY.
    The original wave has passed; largely, all who remain are zealots and newbies. The has created a constant battle between the zealots, who actively and fluidly, with the turnover, recruit new members as rapidly as possible to make their opinions heard the loudest. Most of the sane, level-headed folks join, post about 20 times, and get out. Go check out our member list. Just scroll down and count the posts of people. Plenty of spammers in there, but largely it's people who come for help, find the battles too silly to participate in, and leave.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 87 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast