Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 83

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Last question here. Would you guys consume guar and locust bean gums?

Edit: forgot xantham

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 10-05-2013 at 03:36 PM.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Last question here. Would you guys consume guar and locust bean gums?

I try not to but it sneaks in sometimes. I replace gelatin for gums in my recipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

So yesterday was an iffy transition day for me. Had maybe 200 calories worth of ice cream, and ate rice in the morning instead of potatoes since I didn't have any. I also semi-ate a bunch of sour candies at the end of the day - those gummies that are sour at first and then turn sweet. Just spat them out right after the sour was gone, lol. My mouth got entirely cut up. Best thing of the day was the deep tissue massage...hoooooly crap. Today my back hurts like hell. In a good way.

Today I sort of cheated and ate 'uala instead of regular potatoes for the bulk of my meals (total 800 calories?). I hadn't eaten them in over a year, and they tasted so good. Went on a brief hike, and ended the day with a bunch of balsamic vinegar...my face will be way bloated tomorrow! I wish I didn't crave sour things so much....my teeth hurt too often lol

Yay, Attack on Titan was so good. I can't wait for the next season....or not! Time to read the manga!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Yay, Attack on Titan was so good. I can't wait for the next season....or not! Time to read the manga!
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Darwin would be proud. I dislike that about this anime but it is still true haha...

Potato update:

I think the first few times I tried this, it was such a novelty that it was easy to stick to. Now I'm just waiting for the end of the week so that I can gorge on meat :/

So I've been kind of cheating because almost daily I take a whole tub of sour gummies, suck on them until there is no more sour, and then spit out. Pretty sure I consume a bit of sugar with that. But they are so good!

I also have been consuming a lot of balsamic vinegar (it tastes so good!! I used to slowly consume Chinese black vinegar almost daily). I wake up with my face bloated, but I have also noticed that I don't get as much gas as I usually did back when I was doing potato. But then again, the lack of gas could also be the fact that I am adding celery and carrots to help the digestion along? In any case, I will find out soon since I ran out of balsamic yesterday

I'm thinking about just switching to 'uala once I am finished with my current potato sacks. Those are much easier to consume, though the drawback is that they are easier to overconsume...also not as worthwhile in the protein department. Decisions, decisions.

I've also had not mustered the guts to spend $28 on the porcine gelatin on Amazon. I don't want to buy it to realize that my body rejects that, too. I still have ~3 lbs of Now Foods gelatin that I have to get rid of.

I think I had a mini anxiety attack. Probably doesn't help that I ate like 1k calories for the 3 days. And my room was cold. Decided to eat an egg plus remaining crappy egg whites and a spoonful of honey while my room heated up. Feel much more relaxed now. Sleep time for real now.

Derp is there a reason why you don't like Wal-Mart? I'd like an elaboration from your pov because I personally think it's a brilliant company.

Last edited by sakura_girl; 10-09-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Well, my potato hack was short lived. I spent all day being cold, and then went to krav maga and almost threw up from the little exertion my feeble energy could hurl into punching the bags on the warmup.

Plus, I'm almost positive I'm a bit sensitive to the potato. Whenever I do this hack, I always end up with bloated face/fingers in the morning. Usually if it's too much salt, it just bloats my fingers, but if it's a tremendous amount of salt or something I'm sensitive to, my eyelids will be puffy.

MEAT! Never tasted so good.

Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast