Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 82

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    egg whites are a crappy unstable protein though, but i guess it's a little better if you cook them.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

hey sakura, do you like genki rockets?

this song always makes me feel happy, even though life sucks.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Why not cage free egg whites from trader Joe's?
    I always steer clear of packaged goods due to preservatives/package liners and I figured the actual eggs for $1.40/dozen wasn't a bad price. I just ran a brief search on this product and it actually looks like a pretty good deal to me, although it has a bit too much salt for my liking. Thanks for telling me - now I know what to buy when I'm in a bind!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    egg whites are a crappy unstable protein though, but i guess it's a little better if you cook them.
    Do you have any suggestions on pure protein sources? I'm quite wary of dairy products except those from sheep milk, and all other meat will always have some fat on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    hey sakura, do you like genki rockets?

this song always makes me feel happy, even though life sucks.
    I've actually never heard of this group! I am listening to the album on Spotify now, and I really like it! Thanks for the rec. Definitely my style.

I went through a few brief Asian pop stints, but it was always the top artists of the time (eg, Ayumi Hamasaki, m-flo, BoA, Epik High) and they didn't last long. Never really found the time to filter through to all the better songs

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

The Chocoholic's Primal Road

Gelatin!!!!!! Good awesome protein.

Honestly there is some protein in potatoes and 1 week isn't enough to actually do much damage on lower protein.

I think cottage cheese 0%, protein powder (hemp, rice, potato), tuna, and lean steak are all fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Do you have any suggestions on pure protein sources? I'm quite wary of dairy products except those from sheep milk, and all other meat will always have some fat on them.

I've actually never heard of this group! I am listening to the album on Spotify now, and I really like it! Thanks for the rec. Definitely my style.

I went through a few brief Asian pop stints, but it was always the top artists of the time (eg, Ayumi Hamasaki, m-flo, BoA, Epik High) and they didn't last long. Never really found the time to filter through to all the better songs
    gelatin is good, and potato is a great protein source too.

glad you liked it. :> yeah, I don't really listen to much Asian pop but this is good.

Hm, the Now Foods gelatin makes me feel like crap; should I just throw that out? Is there a pork gelatin out there somewhere?

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Hm, the Now Foods gelatin makes me feel like crap; should I just throw that out? Is there a pork gelatin out there somewhere?
    Great Lakes porcine gelatin on amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Knox is porcine and bovine.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Great Lakes porcine gelatin on amazon
    I had no idea they came in pork. Will try this! Thanks!

I ask specifically for pork, since I noticed that I don't feel that great when eating cow, even the good quality kind. Pork is usually my friend, even over fish and eggs.

Thanks, guys

Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast