Page 80 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 80

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Lol. The one thing my friend brought back for me from California was chocolate-covered macadamia nuts. she said they were "Californian chocolates."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    It's good, I'm definitely enjoying it so far(5 episodes in)

4chan and friends from 2chan
    Oh noes, it's an ongoing one...it will be so agonizing when I catch up to the current episode and have to wait for the next episode. It's that bad for me even for Project Runway.

By the way, have you ever watched Game of Thrones? Or read it? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Lol. The one thing my friend brought back for me from California was chocolate-covered macadamia nuts. she said they were "Californian chocolates."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    LOL can you buy them at all in Texas? I find chocolate covered mac nuts at Costco here and some Chinese stores, but they are expensive as hell compared to back home. Also, I have yet to find the Macnut farms Kona coffee chocolate covered macadamia nuts (those are my favorite out of all the brands) on the Mainland Unfortunately, I can only get those in superbulk at Costco back home, too, in a 2 lb canister, so I tend to OD on those if I ever get my hands on one xD;

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    LOL can you buy them at all in Texas? I find chocolate covered mac nuts at Costco here and some Chinese stores, but they are expensive as hell compared to back home. Also, I have yet to find the Macnut farms Kona coffee chocolate covered macadamia nuts (those are my favorite out of all the brands) on the Mainland Unfortunately, I can only get those in superbulk at Costco back home, too, in a 2 lb canister, so I tend to OD on those if I ever get my hands on one xD;
    Currently in NYC and I haven't seen it ?but I would think I can get it simewhere. I just thought it was funny that choco-covered macs was what was considered "California."
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Oh noes, it's an ongoing one...it will be so agonizing when I catch up to the current episode and have to wait for the next episode. It's that bad for me even for Project Runway.

By the way, have you ever watched Game of Thrones? Or read it? Thoughts?
    I think the season is almost over, at least!

I like the show more than the book. It seems to be much better paced.
    nihil

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    My trainer loves Game of Thrones. I don't really get it. However..
    How do we feel about Dexter and his last season?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I think the season is almost over, at least!
    Yay! Then I'll add that to my list to try xD

I tried watching the first episode of Dexter and found it too creepy for my liking O_o Any show where interest is collected around the theme of death is just not my thing. Idk if you guys feel differently XD

Today, I FINALLY came to the realization that, yes, I do have really bad anxiety/cortisol issues, and crap, now I'm scared of getting cancer because of it LOL

Some observations:
    • I had tension headaches in the last 2 weeks, and for about some time a few months ago -- possibly caused by anxiety, worsened by the effects of caffeine and lack of sleep. These past two weeks of stress have been work-related, though I have been getting a decent amount of shut-eye (8 hours), which has traditionally been a good number for me.
    • Having not gone to work out immediately afterward has lessened the duration of said headaches comparatively to the time before. The expiration of my gym membership did have some positives after all. Need to learn to decompress instead of pressing forward.
    • I stopped playing Starcraft every evening. Getting to sleep has been much easier.
    • The last week I ate a lot of sugar. Mostly it has been eating a lot of sorbets and sour candies made with organic cane sugar and/or tapioca starch, and a bunch of apples (computing to about half my calorie intake?). Dandruff got noticeably worse. Also, despite calories maintaining at around 1300-1800 levels, I can feel the fat growing in my stomach area. Stopping the sugar-eating now...
    • I am not sure why, but the pain in my foot has gotten better, although now I have rotator cuff issues again. May have been caused by burpees that I tried once a few days ago and once last week. And trying to get up my pullup bar. I might sit out working out completely, except for some light krav maga warmups, for an entire month to fully heal.
    • Feeling really shitty right after eating coconut milk with gelatin to make dessert. Not sure if my gelatin is just crappy since it tastes kind of like the plastic it's stored in.
    • I need to discipline myself. Not sure where to start. I OD on absolutely everything. Also I like to learn actively when I'm not physically active.
    • On a related note, I keep wanting to do the potato hack as a reset on my body, taste buds, and expectations, but at the same time don't want to cause stress on my body or lose any more muscle mass than I have to.
    • TTOM came a few days ago and finally the cramping has not been a huge deal. Not sure if it's because I've de-stressed a bit in the last week, had too much sugar, or if it's because of all the stress on my body that's making TTOM weaker in general.
    • Need to eat less at night. Digestion problems overnight causing a not pleasant stench to greet me as I wake up in the morning...
    • Turning to holistic healing effects of TCM. Sloooowly...because I have no discipline....

That is all.

OH NOES I tried on a pair of size 8 pants this morning (currently in between 8 and 10) and THEY FIT. 2 months ago the waist was too big and the legs too tight (since I had massive adductors and quads ) but now it is just right (on also the waist...). BOO ON MUSCLE LOSS.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What I learned this week:

- I need to take it easy. Sometimes I get so caught up in the details when in the big picture it doesn't matter so much. Need to take a breather more often.
    - I went to yoga today. Already sore. I am sooooo out of shape. However, this is the first time I did a low crow pose and maintained!
    - I don't like my current krav maga class so much. Almost nothing happens. I get that you need to practice a movement over and over again, but at least the one I am attending is too boring compared to the class I tried at another place before.
    - Had a stress headache yesterday and today. The 2 nights before I did not get good sleep because I made the mistake of consuming too much caffeinated coffee. Looks like I have to stick to decaf for a while
    - Got a mouth guard. Hopefully I can stop the grinding at night because my teeth are starting to hurt.

Page 80 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast