Page 78 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 78

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This morning, after yesterday's binge on balsamic vinegar and kimchi: 151 lbs. This bloat also includes 2 lbs of digesting potato starch, though possibly slightly negated by the fact that I swam for 30 minutes prior to the weigh-in. Although it would also include all the soaked up water in my hair O_O technicalities...

Bought too much chocolate Zico coconut water. Don't want to rely on crutches again, so will forget about them after they've all passed through my digestive track.

All in all, feel pretty sore. Doing a fair amount of cardio of mainly walking and swimming, though about 1/5 of them are HIIT workouts. Wrist tendons are healing nicely; I even played some Rachmaninoff today before calling it quits an hour in. I can't wait to hit the gym to at least do some quick self-made WODs, but have to wait for my fasciitis to reduce a bit. Calorie average for the past 3 days is around 1600. Going to try to do 1-2 day potato hack every week because it's less stressful than IF.

BRING IT, summer cut!

EDIT: Oh, and avoiding histamines like the plague. Except for crockpot leftovers.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 07-14-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Ate 2700 calories including like 600 calories of chocolate coconut water yesterday and today I weighed myself at 148 at the gym. Maybe the scale is moved or something? I can't believe it!

Wow, totally owned myself today.

At the gym, did a set of:

25 pullups (they were a lot easier than the last time I did them...wonder why)
    50 lunges on each leg
    50 bicycles
    50 pushups (did girl pushups @20)
    50 box jumps at about 2"
    50 Russian twists

Those lunges totally killed me. And my friend died after the box jumps. Good stuff.

Tomorrow going to start on 3 days of potatoes-only. Hope I restrain myself enough from delicious pork meat. Will probably weigh in on Friday.

It's been a while since my last update.

After screwing up my sleep cycle by going clubbing two weekends ago, I basically set myself up for a cycle of crappy eating, too much caffeine, and keeping myself awake at night and being unable to fall asleep.

Also I weighed myself before swimming (151 lbs-no!!) and afterward (149 lbs- maybe 148 because I have water in my hair? ). Not sure if this means I burned 200g glucose? But basically, I have been bingeing on massive amounts of ice cream this past week (TIME OF MONTH TIME...YAY) and ripping up my gut with the crappy ones that have hella chicory root in it. Now I remember why I didn't buy Arctic Zero ice cream again back in college despite being a crazy addict of low calorie foods...that stuff tastes like shit. I still want to buy the sheep's milk ice cream at Sigona's in Stanford Shopping Mall, but I don't want to set myself up for more bingeing since I think I'm finally over my ice cream stint =.=

Also I've been a bit bloated as of late because of the MSG at restaurants when eating out with friends and the fact that I've been trying to finish eating all my bok choy and konnyaku noodles, which only tastes good with miso/soy sauce. Maybe I can try adding honey and ginger as the next flavoring...but I can basically now confirm that I have a histamine intolerance because of the fermented food/tomato/chocolate/leftover meat intolerance.

Also, I SAW ACNE ON MY BACK TODAY. WTH. I rarely have acne, and it's been crazy all over my face lately. CRAP. My back used to be super unadultered sigh, maybe I just need a vacation where I can catch up on all my sleep again.

Also, my rib is kind of sore all the time. Presumably from hunching over playing starcraft all the time, since I've been playing a LOT of that lately. More addiction problems, lol.

Am at the airport making this entry because I am too bored to do anything else, and would like some typing time just for myself before I get home and am subject to the craziness I bestow onto myself on a routine basis.

So...cruising for a week? Did it make a positive impact? I think so. Barely gave a thought about work. Marveled at the entertainment on board. Wish I were like that girl who performed with the guy and did crazy aerobic/strength moves on the rocking boat. Also went out on a bunch of excursions to see places I've never seen before. More clear-headed than I've ever been as of late, but not as clear-minded as the times I truly went out to see the world back in Europe. But this place still really made me appreciate my life a bit more.

Food-wise, did pretty well. Came with my Chinese family, so followed the "eat early" mantra. Woke up at 6/7am regularly to eat a breakfast of a crapton of smoked salmon on top of some oatmeal, and sometimes a fruit and/or nuts (from on top of the pastries because there were no nuts). Lunch ranging from 11-3 was usually a large half-plate of steamed vegetables, and then some sort of meat and cheeses that they had whatever day. Not the best quality meat or oil, but did the trick. Dinner at around 5 was similar, though also had a few rich chocolate flavored desserts. Was able to do a short workout on most days, though may have strained my abdominal muscles. I also had very few carbs, except a few potatoes, so I was surprised at my capacity to work out with such gusto.

Sleep was pretty horrible. The bed sloped at a 30 degree angle to the side, so basically all night, if I wasn't bouncing around on the overly soft bed, I was continuously trying to saddle up back closer to the wall, so that I could avoid falling off. Avg 7 hours of sleep/night.

Sea legs still. Going to try to work out tonight to help me recover from that. Heavy back squats and a short WOD, maybe?

Otherwise, I weighed myself on the 5th day of the cruise and saw 144 (started at 148 at the beginning of the cruise ship's scale). Pretty sure it was all muscle, though, since I didn't eat nearly enough protein, and did a lot of walking. Overall, very water-retain-less since I had a good eating schedule. Hoping I can at least keep some of that up. Toward the end, I started craaaving stuff at night, but probably related to the amount of sleep and the dreaded feeling of having to go back to work. Oh well, 'tis life.

Holy fuck, I think I just ate 4,000 calories today in macadamia nuts, pistachios, fruit, and a bit of real food in cooked meat and vegetables. This is on top of ~2,500 calories yesterday and ~3,000 calories the day before. I need to rest up more.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Nuts add up quick
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Yeah. It was a few cans of macadamias that my mom brought from Hawaii. Gone fast. All 5 cans in 3 days >_>

Ok, things finally sort of normalizing. Still feeling like shit at work, but my eating is back on schedule! Almost, anyway. Even with glycogen somewhat full, my weight was 146 at the gym.

Gym membership expiring soon. I am excited at the prospects of starting some new things, with some bodyweight stuff on the side, including sprints and yoga. Interests include, but not limited to:

- Krav Maga (have 1 month lined up for it soon)
    - Jazz dance/samba dance
    - Paddling (at least seeing if I'd like doing it in the Bay Area)
    - Slacklining (been on my list for a while, and Mark's post recently reminded me about it)
    - Qi gong

Excited!! And this is in the middle of the Bay Area when I can go hiking and cycling whenever I want

PrimalCon New York
    Ugh, have been having a pretty bad week. This past weekend I went out at night (I freaking love college town in East Bay) and had to wake up early for church the next day. I couldn't even fall asleep for a nap after getting back home, and as a result got more sick than I was last week. No full on fever yet, but I feel it is so near. I must nurse myself back to health before this Saturday rolls around! Will be going out at night again for a good friend's bday >_____<

I also deadlifted [225x2] and squatted [155x5] late last week. Pretty depressing numbers. The inflammation from the workout got to my face and it was puffy for quite some time. Or maybe it was the chocolate, hah. This week's overall calorie intake isn't that bad compared to last week, but I think the lack of sleep will be affecting my metabolism/overall health soon, if it hasn't already.

Downloaded some free audiobooks for my lengthy commute. Looking forward to diving into Call of the Wild, followed by Don Quixote. Then either Art of War or Moby Dick. I am getting tired of Ayn Rand's ranting on a philosophy for a world that cannot exist. I just hope that the author has a good voice, unlike the one for the one I am currently listening to.

Page 78 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast