Page 7 of 100 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 7

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailLyn View Post
    haha i don't think one binge is dooming you for diabetes if it is i'm doomed because i've caved several times this past month.

what's linguica? and mochi?
    Yeah, but the sugar sensitivity I think is an indicator for diabetes

Linguica is Portuguese sausage. It's a breakfast sausage we typically eat in Hawaii. REALLY delicious, but high-calorie and fatty. In other words, perfect for Primal

Mochi is a Japanese confection made with rice flour and sugar. REALLY good. But I made butter mochi, so there was butter and coconut milk in it too =x That didn't slow the rate of diffusion of sugar into my body though >_<

Alright, what I am going to do is eliminate cheese and chocolates for the time being to see what happens. Hearing people okay my cheese intake causes me to eat too much of it, and I never get satisfied from half a pound of cheese versus half a pound of meat. Also going to do a hybrid Leptin Reset by eating lots of protein in the AM with no snacking. Hope this goes well!

Eh? I thought my last entry for Tuesday was posted. Oh well, I'll just rewrite it.

Tuesday, September 11

Did decently today. Woke up at 7 and had breakfast right away. It was slightly difficult because of all the protein I had to eat in my leftover half can of salmon (I ate the fatty skin parts and bones yesterday), but managed to fulfill my protein requirements once I had a scoop of soy protein. I have to get rid of remaining pound sitting in my pantry...I hope this is okay to ingest as long as it's only 12g every day.

Lunch at 12 was some bratwurst with sauteed amaranth leaves. Went to the gym after work and did squats and deadlifts, followed up by a bunch of snatches until exhaustion. I don't know why it was so hard to do the same weight of squats as last week, especially since I had a bunch of carbohydrates running around in my system. Maybe it was because I biked for too long on Monday and fatigued my muscles.

Dinner was some curry turkey meatloaf, followed up by some coconut cream with cocoa and stevia, all at around 6:45-7. Went to sleep at 8:45 feeling slightly nauseated and headachy, but took some magnesium. Also I woke up several times during the night to use the bathroom. Guess I need to go easy on the sparkling water before bedtime!

Wednesday, September 12

Oh no! Slippery slope today...breakfast was my curry meatloaf with some coconut milk. Lunch was more curry meatloaf and sauteed amaranth with coconut oil. Then for dinner, I wasn't able to buy the cauliflower for my planned evening meal of fried cauliflower rice, so I went to Whole Foods nearby on the way home to buy something edible but slightly healthy. Decided to try some Italian raw milk truffle cheese, which was on sale and REALLY delicious. Then I bought some organic carrot juice because I LOVE the stuff, it was on sale, and I figured a glass or two wouldn't hurt for my vegetable intake tonight. SHOULD NOT have turned into the chocolate aisle...I seriously have no self control when it goes on sale. Endangered Species on sale for $1.97...so I bought FIVE BARS. Ate two...GAH. Not to mention the extra glass of carrot juice afterward. I think I am as full now as I was before the meal too; in hindsight, I should have just IF'd. Although the truffle cheese might have been worth the extra 1,000 calories afterward. Eating a meatloaf slice right now to get some real protein in. I believe my carb intake for the day has hit 150g. ARGH.

I think it is too difficult to do Jack Kruse's leptin Rx in the PM since I like my workouts immediately after work so I don't have to go through the trouble of driving again and wasting gas. Then it's too difficult to get dinner in before sunset hits. But I LOVE that I'm so full in the morning after 50g protein breakfasts, although I don't like the stuffed feeling. Decisions...I don't think I'm leptin resistant though? I just think I have a hard time controlling my portions when it comes to cheese and chocolate -.-

After a little back and forth thinking, I think I should just try primal for real for two weeks, and if I don't see any results, I can scale back and do the LR with little exercise. I love LHT too much. I'm also going to up the supplements to help reduce inflammation - going to get some Vitamin D at Costco on the weekend, and increase my consumption of fish oil and fish throughout the week. I wish I would take this challenge more seriously than just a few days and then slip...
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 10-12-2011 at 10:07 PM.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Wednesday, September 12

Oh no! Slippery slope today...breakfast was my curry meatloaf with some coconut milk. Lunch was more curry meatloaf and sauteed amaranth with coconut oil. Then for dinner, I wasn't able to buy the cauliflower for my planned evening meal of fried cauliflower rice, so I went to Whole Foods nearby on the way home to buy something edible but slightly healthy. Decided to try some Italian raw milk truffle cheese, which was on sale and REALLY delicious. Then I bought some organic carrot juice because I LOVE the stuff, it was on sale, and I figured a glass or two wouldn't hurt for my vegetable intake tonight. SHOULD NOT have turned into the chocolate aisle...I seriously have no self control when it goes on sale. Endangered Species on sale for $1.97...so I bought FIVE BARS. Ate two...GAH. Not to mention the extra glass of carrot juice afterward. I think I am as full now as I was before the meal too; in hindsight, I should have just IF'd. Although the truffle cheese might have been worth the extra 1,000 calories afterward. Eating a meatloaf slice right now to get some real protein in. I believe my carb intake for the day has hit 150g. ARGH.

I think it is too difficult to do Jack Kruse's leptin Rx in the PM since I like my workouts immediately after work so I don't have to go through the trouble of driving again and wasting gas. Then it's too difficult to get dinner in before sunset hits. But I LOVE that I'm so full in the morning after 50g protein breakfasts, although I don't like the stuffed feeling. Decisions...I don't think I'm leptin resistant though? I just think I have a hard time controlling my portions when it comes to cheese and chocolate -.-

After a little back and forth thinking, I think I should just try primal for real for two weeks, and if I don't see any results, I can scale back and do the LR with little exercise. I love LHT too much. I'm also going to up the supplements to help reduce inflammation - going to get some Vitamin D at Costco on the weekend, and increase my consumption of fish oil and fish throughout the week. I wish I would take this challenge more seriously than just a few days and then slip...
    Hey - I bought 5 bars of that chocolate on sale today too . The price was too good! Have you ever tried putting some cold kerrygold butter on your chocolate pieces? It sounds ridiculous, I know but it really makes it hard to go too far overboard on the chocolate and it is very delicious.

Don't beat yourself up too much - your day sounds pretty darn successful to me. I love cheese too, but it has to be a very very occasional thing.

Be careful of the Costco Vitamin D - I have heard rumblings on this forum that it is in soybean oil.

Keep on keepin' on - you're doing great

Aw, thank you so much jammies. I guess I've been feeling a bit down lately so I binge on stuff I deem yummy >_< It's good to hear that my progress really isn't all that terrible. But I should definitely try your suggestion on that butter. I currently have a bunch of Costco butter because I bought all of it before I went primal, for baking and stuff. Should I continue to consume these, or is the o6 content not worth it?

Thanks for the warning on Vitamin D. I'll take my search online.

Thursday, September 13

Today wasn't terrible. Had coffee with whipping cream for both breakfast and lunch. Dinner was portuguese sausage fried cauliflower rice with parsley, tamari (yay! I finally bought some) and eggs. Then had a chocolate bar...and some coconut milk. Also I had 2 fish oils and a multivitamin in the morning. I plugged everything into fitday the best I could, and I got the ratios below. I wish the sausage was higher in protein, but I hope this is a decent layout for amount of food, especially considering I did an upper body heavy weights workout and half hour of zumba.

Last edited by sakura_girl; 10-13-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Friday, September 14

Uhhh couldn't really plug things into fitday because there were so many variables on this day. Breakfast was the rest of my chocolate coffee bar. Lunch was tomato and mozzarella with proscuitto. Pre-dinner snack was an 85% chocolate bar. Dinner was some schwarma salad (SO little meat on that thing =[ ) and a cup of gelato. After dinner I felt obligated to follow up with some whipping cream and linguica. I later found out that the last part added like 2,000 calories. Whoops! Exercise consisted of half an hour of kickboxing and lame dancing in a club for an hour or so.

Monday, October 17

Wow, firstly, I can't believe I was still typing September for all my dates XD Secondly, this weekend has been one looooong high-carb, high-fat memory. But going out with friends I haven't seen for a while was worth it, so I'm willing to sacrifice a weekend for them

Today for breakfast I IF'd. For lunch I had a salmon loaf with spinach. Dinner was salmon fried cauliflower rice. I took advantage of this weekend by stocking up on Walmart Alaskan salmon for $1.98 each and now I still have 7 cans in my pantry I have to restock on my coconut cream, though...I have 3 containers left, since they ran out when I got there to buy the salmon. Otherwise, I have to eat aaaalll the leftover fresh veggies and meats in my fridge so that I can leave the city in peace. I saw that at Target their eggs are on sale for $1.39/dozen, which includes the free-range omega-3 ones, so I think I will take a trip there to buy two or three and use that as plane food, or eat them when I get back from my trip because they last so long. Yay!

Tuesday, October 18

Today went decently. For breakfast I had coffee with a little coconut cream. Lunch was three eggs, raw carrots, olives and some walnuts from some muffin tops. Dinner was ginger garlic clams with cauliflower rice. I finished up the day with half a can of coconut milk and cocoa powder, and then the rest of my coconut cream box with lime. Yummmmmmm. I think my numbers for carbs/protein/fat were around 45/75/120. I should probably increase the protein tomorrow. Had a fantastic weights workout today and will be sore for sure tomorrow!

Page 7 of 100 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast