Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 66

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Saturday:

GOT TO PORTLAND. Breakfast at 11am was a Stumptown coffee with heavy cream, and some chocolate from Leonidas. Went to lunch next door to coffee, and got a beef heart and kale salad. Dinner was about 100mL of beer, Italian sausage with lentils, and some leftover bites of a hamburger made with pastured beef. Went to Voodoo doughnuts at night and stood in line for half a maple bacon bar, of which I ate the bacon and the top half of the donut for. Calories 1250, and walked a shitton.

Sunday:

Breakfast was a cup of coffee at another coffee roaster and a cup of hot chocolate at Cacao. Snacked on a bunch of spirulina sprouted sunflower seeds at Whole Foods, and went to sushi for lunch, where I also had a shot of sake. Dinner was a sampling of cider and Chipotle. With lotssss of rice. Calories 2400, and lots of walking.

I'm pretty sure all the alcohol and caffeine throughout the day mixing isn't a good thing. Oh well.

Monday:

6 very restless hours of sleep. Had a VitaminWater at the airport before my flight. Was parched, was unwilling to buy only 500mL of Perrier for $3, and didn't want to stay awake on plane through nice coffee. Slept on plane for hour. Lunch when I got home was chopped liver, warm napa cabbage salad, and lemon muffins. Took a nap for 1.5 hours. Dinner was 2/3 lb pear, 2/3 lb apples, some chocolate covered cashews, and 3 rounds of the frozen acai berry stuff. Calories 3050. Minimal walking.

Tuesday:

8.5 hours of sleep. Neck pain. Not sure if it was from the acai, which I found had guarana, that led to a headache, or my sleeping position because I decided to use my pillow on my head again. Whichever the case, it kind of screwed up my lifts at the gym. Breakfast was potato and onion saute and part of my pork rib slow cooked with apples. Lunch was the same, plus a can of coconut water. Only walked a mile during the day because of stupid rain. Gym.

Front squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 125x3x5
    Back squat: 135x1x1, 165x1x1
    Bench: (with screwed up neck) 45x1x5, 95x1x3, 75x1x3
    Clean: 45x1x5, 75x1x5, 85x2x5

Dinner was 2/3 cup white rice, napa cabbage and pollock, some more pork, unsweetened chocolate, some kabocha, a Ghirardelli mint chocolate (yes, I was desperate -.-), and the last acai thing. Calories 3300 (protein at 260g! wtf).

I think I'm going to go back to coffee for breakfast. I know I'm supposed to quit, but I'm emotionally unstable again and I need a crutch somehow without going overboard with my chocolate binges at night :/

Wednesday:

7.5 hours of sleep, but strangely woke up randomly at 4:30am, and started crying about some small issue at the office. Weird.... Breakfast at like 10:30am was a cup of coffee with a tiny bit of cream. Yes, I'm going back to coffee...lunch was leftover pork-apple slow cooked thing, a can of coconut water, and 1.5 lb kabocha. Walked about 4 miles during the day. Snacked on about 400 calories worth of chocolate chips and chocolate date nut squares. Went to yoga, where they decided to do power. Dinner was pollock cooked with swiss chard, half a can of C2O coconut water before the metallic taste got to me, an apple, a pear, an acai-acerola frozen pack, and 1.5oz unsweetened chocolate. Calories 2250.

Thursday:

6.5 hours of sleep, but not a very restful one. Did not eat breakfast except some black tea from China in those blocks. Lunch after 12 hours fast was apple-onion 1 lb pork slow cooked, some potatoes and onion, 2 oz almonds, and a goji chocolate square thing from Whole Foods. Walked about 3 miles. Also had some chocolate covered nibs. Went to yoga, where I got my ass almost kicked again, except this time my legs weren't weak from lifting the day before, and the room was less crowded, leading to fewer unsteady-footed people in my peripheral vision. Came back for dinner and had the rest of the 1 lb total of potatoes and onion, as well as some tomato-egg soup, an apple, and a frozen thing of acai. Calories 2150.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 02-22-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Friday:

8 hours of sleep. Again, not the most restful. Breakfast was coffee with cream from Philz. I'm absolutely certain now that it is only that coffee that makes me feel all congested afterward, so I will only buy coffee from the chocolatier from now on (they also use organic cream from local farms!). Lunch was the apple-onion-pork loin. Also had a thing of chocolate covered nibs and a pear after 3 miles of walking. Decided I was too sore to go to the gym, so just went to dinner at a friend's house, which was basically a shitton of Chinese dumpling filling made into meatballs and fried in lard. Yum. Calories 2100.

Saturday:

7.5 hours of non-restful sleep, despite taking magnesium. Gonna try stop eating so soon before bed again...

Highlight of the day was seeing a homeless guy in a wheelchair outside the Chinese supermarket who was asking for anything he could get. I felt bad for him, and I am very against giving homeless people money, so I went back inside and bought 3 bananas and a pear. I hope he enjoys those.

In other news, went to the farmer's market in the morning and bought a bunch of awesome local produce. Ate a few orange samples and an entire sugar cane for breakfast. Lunch was pork sirloin chops with apple and onion. They were way too dry; definitely only using rib meat from now on. Went lifting in the early afternoon.

Front squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5
    Back squat: 135x1x5, 165x2x5, 170x1x5
    OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5
    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5 (dammit, forgot my straps!! )

Went to Whole Foods and tried some of the goji-cacao squares. Damn, so good. Dinner was 1 lb freshwater bass, 1 lb potatoes sauteed with onions and rosemary, and 1/5 lb semisweet chocolate chips. Some friends invited me to eat and play cards, so I also ate a thing of Greek soup at the restaurant. Calories 3000.

Sunday:

Breakfast of young Thai coconut and an apple. Did some yoga in late morning and went to a sushi buffet right after. SO SORE and so yummy. Walked a little bit afterward. Dinner was an apple, some semisweet chocolate chips, tomato egg soup and a pound of chard with lemon juice. I think calories are 3300.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Monday:

7 hours of sleep. 25 hour fast. Went to the gym and did tabata rows and tabata pushups. They totally kicked my ass Then did some really light yoga before eating dinner of 1 lb red chard with lemon juice, 1 lb potato with onion and rosemary, and 5 eggs. Went to fellowship and snacked on some Ritter Sport and Taza chocolate. Calories 1200. Also walked 3.5 miles.

Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast