Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 65

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wednesday:

7.5-8 hours of sleep. Breakfast was coffee with cream. Lunch was 1 lb romaine, 6 oz can of salmon, 5 oz of ricotta salata, and a tin of cacao nibs. Walked about 4 miles during the day. Also went to yoga after work, where afterward I scarfed down a bunch of chicken tenderloin on a stick dipped in raita. And several small other hors d'eouvres that included salmon, potato, and cheese. Afterward, felt like grabbing a banana and 2 more tins of cacao nibs. Calories 2000.

Also figured out that I have a dampness-hot problem in TCM. Going to address that starting soon.

Thursday:

6.5 hours of sleep. Breakfast was coffee with cream. Lunch was 3/4 lb potatoes and onions and lamb-seaweed-nagaimo soup. Dinner was a Thai young coconut, some bitter melon, leftover lamb soup with tomato and a 3/4 lb pollock fillet and an egg. Also fell to the Greek feta in my fridge and some walnuts that have been in my freezer for a while. Calories 2450.

Friday:

6.5 hours of sleep. Breakfast was a Thai young coconut and potatoes and onions. Lunch was 3/4 lb leftover beef shank (this one had HELLA tendon..mmm!!) and 1 lb romaine lettuce. Also had a snack of coffee with cream and chocolate covered cacao nibs. Walked about 3.5 miles throughout the day.

I didn't have water to go to the gym, so I bought 1L of packaged Zico coconut water at TJ's. It was so SOUR! And not delicious. I guess this is what happens when I drink the good stuff from the real coconut now

Front squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5
    Back squat: 135x1x5, 165x2x5
    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 235x1x1 <---obviously very tired....

Dinner was simmered pollock, bitter melon, mountain yam, a bunch of walnuts, and some dates. Calories 2250.

Saturday:

7.5 hours sleep. Went to farmer's market in the morning and overdid it on the sampling of apples and oranges. I ended up buying 12oz dates from this vendor because they were SO GOOD, and then I proceeded to eat all of it once I got home XD Then I made chopped liver with 3/4 lb beef liver, eggs, onions, and ground pork. Also had a napa cabbage salad and the huge amount of soup from the beef shanks. Then snacked on some unsweetened baking chocolate chips from Tcho. Finally, went to a Chinese New Year reunion where I had zongzi, steamed bok choy, ice cream, a tiny bit of cheesecake, and Chinese mochi. Calories 3100. So fullllllll.....

Sunday:

8 hours of sleep. Went to Church and farmer's market in the morning and sampled more apples, pears, oranges, and a brazilnut. Didn't buy anything, unfortunately, because everything was more expensive and there was no pork belly left Lunch was an apple, some apple coconut flour muffins, leftover potato and onions from the day before (which I failed to mention for yesterday's post), some pork, cauliflower and pollock soup, and 2 Alter Eco chocolate bars (they were on sale for $3 together!). Finished eating around 3pm, but was so full that even though I left at 7 to do some quick sprints down the street, I ended up getting massively nauseous. Also noticed immediately after consuming said chocolate, nose plugged up, presumably from the milk powder. Calories 2600.

Monday:

9 hours of sleep. Breakfast was some potato and onion saute. Lunch was 2/3 lb ground pork (some of the flesh was pink...uh oh?), the rest of the potato saute, and some swiss chard with lemon and lemon peel. Snack of a macaron in the afternoon. Dinner was 1 lb nagaimo and the rest of the chard. Snacked on some coconut water and a pear. Lots of green tea throughout the day. Also snacked on some herbal cough drops during fellowship. I think everything in the day made me too "cold" because my stomach started hurting a LOT when I got home. So I ate the only foods that I had available - Alaskan Airlines dried pineapple, macadamia and sesame sticks (I skipped the sticks), some unsweetened shredded coconut, and some unsweetened chocolates. They were all "heat," so my stomach died down afterward. Calories 2600 and 4 miles of walking.

Tuesday:

6.5-7 hours of sleep. Breakfast part of a half cup of black rice with 1/2 lb half-cooked napa cabbage and 2/3 lb pollock. Lunch was what I had for breakfast, plus some snacks of 1/4 lb sprouted almonds, 2 potatoes, and a macaron. Walked 3.5 miles during the day. Also had stomach cramps toward the afternoon, presumably either from my new black tea in the morning, the lemons juiced into it, or the potatoes by themselves. Also felt dead throughout the day, possibly from the sudden lack of sleep.

Gym.

Front squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 115x1x5, 125x3x5
    Bench press: 45x1x5, 95x3x5 (with rests in between, and a straight fail on the very last one that I had to roll onto my stomach for :S)
    Cleans: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 85x2x2, 85x1x1

I think I may have overstretched with camel pose. My back feels kind of overstretched after those. Dinner was about 1/2 lb of baked German carp, 1 lb kabocha, 2oz unsweetened chocolate, and a young coconut. Calories 2600 (seeing a trend...).

Wednesday:

Had brown rice-mung bean-pumpkin-carrot-celery-onion mix in the slow cooker for breakfast. Also ate that for lunch, as well as leftover carp. Went to a company lunch where I had trout salad, where I proceeded to eat only the trout and avocado in the salad because they ignored my request to not have dressing on the greens, and a macaron, which also sucked. Dinner was a shitton of chocolate covered cacao nibs through the mail, some of the rice mix, sauted carrots and celery, and konnyaku with miso. Walked 3.5 miles, calories 2550. Feeling really sick. Probably not helping that I keep eating chocolate, either.

Thursday:

Had brown rice-aduki bean-shiitake-carrot-celery-onion mix in the slow cooker and some pollock for breakfast. Same for lunch, along with 5 oz chocolate cacao nibs. Walked about 2.5 miles during the day. Deadlifted at the gym:

Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 235x2x2

SO WEAKSAUCE. Although to be fair, my stretching on Tuesday screwed up my back a little bit, so hopefully it'll be all healed up by next week....

Dinner was leftover slow cooker fare, half a kabocha squash, a young Thai coconut, 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, and a bunch of swiss chard with lemon. Calories 2750.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 02-15-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Friday:

Had the last of my chocolate covered cacao nibs for breakfast. Lunch was shabu shabu with Japanese pork. Dinner was 3 eggs, carrots and celery saute, and 7 Ghirardelli chocolate squares....walked about 2 miles during the day, but also did some Rodney Yee yoga at night because of the sugar rush. Calories 1900.

Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast