Page 63 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 63

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Sunday:

10 hours of sleep! Woohoo...still felt sleepy in the afternoon, but was probably exacerbated by my eating too much chocolate, leading to inflammation. Breakfast was a little bit of beef liver cooked in pasta sauce. Lunch was the same thing, with 1/4 lb 70% Valrhona chocolate and a kombucha drink and some gelatin. Walked about 2 miles to the library and back, having caught up on world news in 5 magazines. Dinner was egg and tomato soup with nagaimo...followed by another 1/5 lb chocolate and some nori. Calories 2350.

Edit: Actually, forgot some of the Whole Foods samples...Calories 2400.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 01-20-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Monday:

7.5 hours of sleep. No breakfast. Huge lunch of 1 lb pork chop, 3/4 lb seaweed salad, and 1 lb potatoes and an onion sauteed in coconut oil. Had a kona coffee with cream in the afternoon, which was a huge mistake since it kept me up until now....dinner was a small sushi roll....and then I went off the deep end with some chocolate covered almonds from Trader Joe's, goat's milk, and goat cheese. Calories 3050. Walked for several hours in the afternoon and night looking for shoes and food.

Edit: Oh yeah, and forgot to mention that I went sprinting in the morning before I baked my pork chops.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 01-22-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Tuesday:

5.5 hours of sleep. Caved in yesterday to the coffee, and then SC2. Breakfast was coffee with cream. Lunch was spring rolls with the leftover pork and the leftover seaweed salad. Dinner was a few hard boiled eggs, a pint of blackberries, two apples, some raw goat's milk...and then the rest of the chocolate covered almonds. Calories 2750 and 3 miles of walking.

Wednesday:

7.5 hours of sleep. Breakfast was some raw goat milk and some lamb-nagaimo-seaweed soup. Lunch was the soup and some coffee. Afternoon snack of this really strong Maui coffee from Starbucks that ended up tasting not that great. And two small chocolate truffles. Walked 3 miles.

Gym:

Front squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5
    Back squat: 95x1x1, 135x1x5, 165x2x5, 170x1x1 (shoulder started hurting so stopped)
    OHP: 45x1x5, 95x1x5
    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5

My shoulder hurts, but probably not rotator-cuff related. It's hurt before, when I've had prolonged periods of gaming when I was younger...tehe

Dinner was 6 eggs and 2/3 cup white rice with a 1/2 lb lettuce leaf salad with soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, and maple syrup. Also had some coconut chips afterward. Calories 2550. Yay! They're slowly going down!

Thursday:

Felt HELLA sick this morning when I woke up, complete with everything burning and sore as heck, so I skipped work. Also went through the drama of locking myself out of the apartment in the rain, without a phone with enough batteries to make calls or searches. Fail. I probably shouldn't buy any kombucha or Pellegrino in the next half year to make up for that expense T_T

9.5 hours of sleep. Lunch/dinner (because I got locked out searching for nagaimo) was at 2pm, about a 16 hour fast. It consisted of 1 lb ground beef and seaweed soup, 1 lb potatoes and onions and shiitake saute, and a huge brownie made of tons of coconut oil and a little coconut flour, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and an egg. And 2 tomatoes. Calories 2800.

Friday:

7.5 hours of sleep. Breakfast was some bone marrow and a small bite of my salad for lunch. Had a coffee with cream. Lunch was about 12 oz beef shank and a napa cabbage salad. Snack was a small thing of chocolate covered cacao nibs. Dinner was enoki-napa cabbage-nagaimo saute with vinegar and fish sauce, and 2 tea eggs. Also had part of a baked perch, but got really full...until had a hunkering for more chocolate, so baked a small brownie. Also ate some leftover coconut chunks from the making of coconut milk. Am kind of nauseous from the large amount of coconut lol. Calories 2150 and 3 miles of walking.

Think that I want to try having different experiences with workouts. Last year was a good year of building strength, since I clearly did very well, getting to 1.2x bodyweight squat and 1.7x bodyweight deadlift for one rep.

This coming year, I want to work on fighting and self-defense and maybe yoga. In the future, I am also hoping to start rock climbing and go back to dance as well (I did Chinese dance early on in high school). So many interests, so little time

Saturday:

Whoo, today went by fast. Woke up with around 9 hours of sleep. Went to yoga at 8am, and then got my butt to the farmer's market to buy pork and pastured eggs (they ended up actually feeding them soy, dammit...still bought them). Unfortunately it was all in the rain. Had a huge serving of the beef shank soup with 1 cup black rice and the leftover fish from last night. Also consumed an entire sugar cane because it was so damn delicious. Oh yeah, made a few pancakes leftover from the coconut pulp by mixing with egg and maple syrup. Then I took a 40 minute nap.

I think it sparked my sweet tooth consuming all the sugar because I baked another single-serving brownie. Then I went out and bought a lot of chocolate at Whole Foods...also, the Mexican chocolate at TJ's went from $4 to $1.50, so I bought those, too. Woooo, chocolate cravings!! Came home and ate nagaimo and attempted to eat some bitter melon cooked in coconut milk...still tasted disgusting to me Finally, ate the shitton of chocolate, and ended the day with 3000 calories. Whoo!!

I think next week I will start doing the high-carb thing again. Maybe it'll help to soothe my sickness to constantly drink rice soup...

Sunday:

7 hours of sleep. Woke up feeling pretty decent. Ate breakfast of a huge 2-lb pomegranate. Felt well enough to try a yoga class in the late morning, which felt quite nice because the instructor was good at holding the basic poses for 10+ seconds instead of constantly changing. Lunch was a napa cabbage salad with olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and maple syrup. Had Chinese beef liver, which I will be posting on my blog soon, hopefully. Went to coffee in the afternoon with a friend, where I added some half and half as luxury. Dinner was leftover beef shank, leftover bitter melon (yuck! at least it tasted better than yesterday's), chocolate covered cacao nibs, coconut pulp pancake with banana, and another disc of the Mexican chocolate from Trader Joe's. Also went 2 trips to the bathroom, which could be attributed to ingesting some apple cider vinegar (pasteurized) twice during the day, or yesterday's constant "cold" foods of bitter melon, nagaimo, and fresh cane sugar.

Anyway, calories 2500, some basic walking, and the yoga as exercise.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Monday:

7 hours of sleep. Breakfast was ginger congee with pollock and a tomato. Lunch was a coffee with cream and 1 lb potatoes sauteed with onions. Unfortunately had to discard many pieces due to undercooking/oxidation that caused some pieces to turn purple. Tried to eat some boiled bitter melon for dinner, but couldn't muster it, probably because I spent several hundred calories worth on dried fruit at Whole Foods. Ate 1/2 lb nagaimo.

And then I discovered manouri at the cheese grocer - BEST STUFF EVAR. Made from whey leftover from sheep milk feta, mixed with cream. I think it has about the same macros as cream cheese, but definitely tasted far better and was more solidified. Unfortunately that contributed about 100g of fat into my day. XD Oh well. Calories 2650. Walked 4 miles.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 01-30-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Page 63 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast