Page 59 of 93 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 59

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Friday:

6.5 hours sleep . Breakfast of bone broth. I'm beginning to think that it makes me too hungry and overeat during the day... Also ate a potato. Had coffee in the morning. Lunch was grass-fed ground beef cooked with ginger and napa cabbage and potatoes. Snacked on about an oz of chocolate chips. Walked around for 2 miles. Gym.

Front squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 115x1x5, 130x1x5, 130x1x2, 125x1x3, 125x1x5
    Bench: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 100x1x5, 105x3x5

Could feel that I didn't heal enough from Wednesday, so I didn't do snatches. Just did 10 burpees because the lady at the rowing machine was mean Also sometimes I feel my nerve in my arm gets all numb for no reason, especially when I do front squats. Weird.

Dinner was 4 scrambled eggs, some potatoes, chocolate chips, and coconut chips. WAY too many chocolate chips, but somehow I stopped wtihout feeling gross. Awesome, but calories 3150.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-22-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Saturday:

7 hours of sleep. No breakfast. Had black coffee in the early afternoon, sampled a few things at Whole Foods, and ate lunch around 3pm, which is about 15 hours fast (14 if you count the sampling). I ate an apple, 1 lb turkey wing, 1/4 lb chicken liver, and 1/2 lb sauteed organic rainbow chard. And a shitton of lamb soup. Went to the gym to do 20 min calisthenics and jogging. Dinner was a pomegranate, turkey stock, and an egg. And chocolate chips, of course. Calories 2550.

Sunday:

7 hours of sleep. No breakfast. Lunch was 3/4 lb ground beef sauteed with 1/2 lb chard and 1/4 lb chocolate chips. Then 1/2 lb potatoes. Had coffee in the afternoon. Dinner was some eggs, sardines, and coconut chips. And more potatoes. And unsweetened baking chocolate. Calories 3150. Minimal exercise.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-23-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Despite waking up this morning all groggy and still sleepy, having to roll out of bed for work, my muscles felt friggin awesome. My abs were literally visible under a thinner layer of fat (after flexing, but I definitely wasn't sucking in). It was kind of cool

Monday:

6 hours of sleep. Breakfast was some ground beef with eggplant and ginger and a potato. Lunch was the same. And then my coworkers invited me to some dim sum (which I later found to be full of msg), which I had some of. Gym closed at 2, so gave up on my idea of going. Total walking about 3 miles. Dinner was a bunch of chocolate chips and eggs. Calories 3150.

Tuesday:

9 hours of sleep. Skipped breakfast and did 3 10-sec sprints down the road. Then walked a mile. Ate lunch of seared lamb neck bones and some kabocha squash, and of course some chocolate chips (this Guittard stuff is really good!). Walked around for another 3.5 miles around a lake in the rain with some friends for Christmas. Dinner was 12 oz wild shrimp and more squash. Also tried to bake a custard thing with just pumpkin puree and coconut flour and chocolate chips, which ended in failure. Oh well. Calories 2300.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-26-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    X2 on starchy food = painful gas and irreconcileable trips to the porcelain palace. I've stayed away from the complex starches as found in potato and sweet potato and am having okay luck with simply eating more apples and about two bananas a day. I just thought since we seem to be similar, I'd share.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Thank you! I don't know what to do about glycogen replenishment though - I've started eating a lot of rice, which I think helps with that and the digestion bit too. But I've found that I get less painful movements when I've added a bunch of other stuff along with the starch, including vegetables, fats, and meat.

Wednesday:

6.5-7 hours of sleep. Breakfast was about 1/2 lb wild shrimp and a large potato. Lunch was 1 lb wild shrimp and 1/2 lb potatoes. Snacked on kombucha, some sheeps milk yogurt, and coconut chips. Walked around about 2 miles. Then gym.

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 165x1x5, 170x2x5
    OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 75x1x5, 75x1x2, 70x1x3, 70x1x5
    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 235x1x1, 245x1x1

Dinner was 1/4 lb potatoes, 1 lb purple sweet potatoes, 1/2 lb spinach, 3/4 lb wild shrimp, and the rest of my chocolate chips, and ended eating at 7! Calories 2550. And I don't want to see anymore chocolate for the next MONTH

I'm eating a lot of wild shrimp to get rid of this 5 lb frozen block. I thought I could defrost it little by little, but it ended up fruitless. $6/lb was still a steal, though. It's worth it, even if I have to eat it in 2-3 days.

Going to try going back to just potatoes after the new year. Going to spend some time at a friend's house, and they have a lot of SACD (Standard American Chinese Diet) food. Hopefully they respect my gluten-free-ness and I can just eat lamb meat the entire time I'm there.

Thursday:

8 hours of sleep. 16 hour fast into lunch. Lunch was 1.25 lb wild shrimp, a large potato, and a large purple sweet potato. Had coffee with cream when meeting up with a friend and walked 2.5 miles. Went to yoga. Dinner was 3/4 lb wild shrimp, a large sweet potato, and kale chips. And snacked on some 100% chocolate. Also caved into the crust sides of the butter mochi I was baking (butter, organic evap cane sugar, vanilla, eggs, can of coconut milk, and rice flour). Calories 3050.

Page 59 of 93 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast