Page 58 of 100 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 58

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thursday:

7 hours of sleep. Ate a mozzarella ball and some lamb bone broth with tomato. Lunch was a sushi roll with hamachi, salmon, and shrimp. Dinner was 12 oz lamb meat and a sweet potato. Calories 1500. About 1 mile of walking during the day in my heels.

So.....I realized why work sucks so much lately, especially since the competing analyst at my work is hella skinny....because I'm too fat. Time to cut quickly, for serious....

Friday:

7-8 hours of sleep? Was kind of stressed out considering I worked late yesterday. Also TTOM... Walked about 2 miles today. Breakfast was a ball of buffalo mozzarella and some broth. Lunch was a pound of tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and some homemade dried pork that my mom sent me. Had a snack of 99% cacao hot chocolate with whole milk...next time I should ask for cream, let it solidify, and get cheaper truffle

Gym:

Front squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 115x1x5, 125x3x5 (with some breaks in between because I was lazy and my wrist hurt)
    Bench press: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 100x3x5 (breaks in between the 4 and 5 rep because I'm always scared to death of dropping that shit on myself)
    Snatch: 45x1x5, 65x3x5

Dinner was 2/3 dry cup of rice with a tin of sardines and nori strips, tomatoes with balsamic, and tomato and egg soup. Calories 2300.

So tomorrow I will begin the potato experiment for 5 days. During that time, I will only do one sprint exercise, and maybe sneak in a day or two of simple yoga at home. Also, on the first two days, I will drink fat free lamb-tomato broth because I have leftover and need to consume them. Otherwise, it's a free-for-all. I will only do what I feel like doing for exercise. And most importantly, I don't have to stress about food!

I will break it on Thursday just because I have a lunch at a Greek place with a friend, and don't want to offend by eating a starch, since she went to such great lengths to pick out something that she felt was authentic to her culture. I'm quite excited about that, actually, and am hoping that I'll get a taste of Greek coffee as well. But anyway! I digress...I will just go with it and if I don't feel like continuing for another 5 days after that, I won't.

During this time I am expecting all my bloating to disappear and for my muscles to show more just because of glycogen depletion. My muscles right now are actually beginning to appear anyway, but considering my pants size feels the same for the last few months, figured I should boost it with some potato power. Pretty sure my belly is still there because of caving into so much sugar in chocolate, but this is a great strict way for me to just NOT DEVIATE.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-14-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Saturday:

About 7-8 hours of sleep, and noticeably tossed and turned way less before sleeping. I came to an epiphany last night about the increased competition in the workplace actually having improved my performance and outlook, since I was more aggressive and assertive than I normally am in the office. Although the other girl copied my behavior in the last office we worked in together, she's way less emotional than I was since starting, which could be looked upon favorably. I don't want to point to outside things happening to me as an excuse for my performance, but at least moving forward, I can just be more objective with things and see things positively, as I used to. And getting thinner might help my case.

So I started doing the potato thing. Today was actually quite nice; I didn't have anything to do, so just took my car out to grab 15 lb organic potatoes and 5 lb frozen wild caught shrimp from Sprouts. I also took a nap in the afternoon for THREE HOURS. I never got a chance to give my body a nice rest, so this was very awesome to do, considering my caloric intake would be very low anyway.

Breakfast at 7:30 was bone broth (skimming all the fat off took FOREVER....way to pick the leftover broth with the least amount of fat, with the little circles of fat floating around at the top -.-) with tomatoes, and 2/3 dry cup of rice, only because I didn't have any potatoes. After grabbing the potatoes, I boiled about 2.5 lbs of some Yukon golds and ate about 1.5 lbs for lunch at 12, without any dressings. Took my long nap at around 1:30, and felt a bit nauseous right before and in between, when I got up to use the bathroom. Felt slightly better, and not necessarily hungry, when waking up. Waited a bit, then ate about 3/4 lb potatoes with salt, and was reaching for the last one when I felt so nauseated about eating it that I left it in the fridge. Then I went about slowly drinking about 3 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar - my favorite part! I could probably do a week-long fast if I could just drink balsamic vinegar lol.

So anyway! To recap, I had minimal exercise and 1300 calories on a 14/10 fasting schedule. Going to a party tomorrow, so I guess we'll see how I hold up during the baking of my potluck contribution and the wonderful Christmas aromas. I'll probably just arrive late, after people eat, so I don't have to deal with weird questions and stuff. I just like the company

Sunday:

Slept at 10, woke up at 4:30. Played D3 for 6 hours before leaving the house. Had bone broth (oops, there was a bit of meat with a bit of fat in it...oh well), 1/2 lb potatoes with mustard, and a few slices of kimchi for breakfast. Went to the gym, weighed my still-inflamed body at 155 lbs, and did what Crossfitters call Cindy for 6 rounds, since I didn't want to go too hard. Lunch, after a 1 hour period after the gym, was 1.25 lb potatoes with mustard. I am really digging the mustard, since the vinegar by itself doesn't taste that great with the potatoes. Went out briefly, and came back to eat my final 1/2 lb potato. Had some Pellegrino, so shouldn't be short on minerals...calories 1000.

Hopefully tomorrow I won't be as bloated-looking. I've been bloated for the past week, but I attributed that to eating too much sugar at night with the chocolate bit. Hoping that it'll tidy up with this potato thing. Gah.

I just realized that what could have been contributing to massive inflammation in the past few days was the whole milk in the hot chocolate I had. Darn it! I suppose I will just have to wait for it to die down.

On Thursday, after having the Greek lunch, I'm also planning on going to the gym. Hopefully I perform at least to what I did last week. Afterward, if the potato fast was successful, I'm thinking about doing it with kabocha and and purple sweet potatoes.

Monday:

I'm starting to wonder if the inflammation is coming from the potatoes themselves. Lately I've been having some cramping issues and gas in general, and still haven't lost my water weight completely. I've been peeling all the skins off the potatoes, but I boil them, so maybe whatever's on the skin leeches into the water?

I'm going to go through with this for one more day, and then stop. Next time I will go for sweet potatoes and kabocha instead, since they seem more agreeable with my digestive tract.

8 hours of sleep. Woke up getting mixed feelings about my hunger, because I think my digestive system was all gassy. For breakfast, I had potatoes with mustard. At around 11 and 4:30, I had potatoes with salt. Total of 3 pounds of potatoes. Then I ate some rice in the evening. Calories 1350. Walked about a mile today because I was swamped with work.

Edit:

Actually, I take that back. I just snapped and ate some protein, felt SO MUCH BETTER, and ate some more. More specifically, I ate a tin of sardines, 2 fried eggs, some shredded coconut and now am munching on some 100% baking chocolate. Mmm.....noncarbs!

That was actually pretty miserable. It was nice not thinking about the food, but the gastrointestinal discomfort and the feeling that I was missing....something felt pretty awful.

Eh, I'll just go about with my regular schedule of eating. Maybe do a sweet potato fast once in a while to get rid of a sweet tooth. But I was cutting just fine...somewhat Final calories: 2000.

Edit edit:

Okay, so I dug into the bunch of Godiva chocolate that I received as a gift. :\ That's 2400 calories now XD
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-17-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Tuesday:

5 hours sleep. Feel a lot better eating protein. Skipped breakfast because snacked so late into the night....lunch was 3/4 lb chicken livers covered in coconut flour, baked. Walked about 2 miles. Drank a hot chocolate of 99% baking chocolate with heavy cream. Yoga for half an hour. Dinner was a small persimmon, roasted carrots, scrambled egg with pollock, and some baking chocolate. Calories 2100.

By the way, my foot hurts. Doesn't help that I didn't eat enough protein in the past few days to heal it up properly Idk why, but it hurts! Like I've been walking forever on it.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-19-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Wednesday:

Slept 7-8 hours.

Wow, food fun today. Breakfast was lamb broth and a napa cabbage salad with typical adornments. Lunch was 1 lb lamb meat with 2 large potatoes. Took about 3 miles in walking. Also inhaled a few small pieces of chocolate. Gym.

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 165x2x5, 170x1x5
    OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x1x5, 75x2x5
    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 235x1x1, failed twice @ 255x1x1, 185x1x5 [I'm beginning to think that my awesome deadlifts of the past were due to the fact that my stomach was completely empty and my form was fracking awesome]

Dinner was seaweed salad with napa cabbage adornments, 2/3 dry cup rice, and some pollock and egg. I think I overate protein again, so I ate also ate a shitton of 100% baking chocolate and shredded coconut. Calories 3350. XD

Thursday:

7 hours of sleep. Didn't do much today. No breakfast because was too full from the chocolate. Lunch was some lamb gyro meat, feta and olives on organic greens. Bloated me for the day. Dinner was a turkey wing, a pomegranate, some chocolate chips, and a bunch of nori. Calories 1900, walked about 2 miles.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-22-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Page 58 of 100 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast