Page 57 of 103 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 57

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Wednesday:

Breakfast of bone broth. Lunch of about 4/5 lb grass-fed beef stir fried with Chinese chives and some kabocha squash. Walked to Whole Foods and also ate about 1 oz chocolate chips. Dinner was a napa cabbage salad with olive oil and temari, tin of sardines, tomato and egg soup, and coconut chips. Finished by kombucha. Exercise was about 1 mile for the day. Calories 2200.

Thursday:

Breakfast of bone broth. Lunch was 4/5 lb grass-fed beef with some napa cabbage. Also walked to Trader Joe's and became tempted by those new honey mints enrobed in 100% chocolate...mmmm.....unfortunately ate too many of them and ingested 100g sugar @_@ Totally affected my appetite after dinner, because I had some monster cravings, which I managed to quell with 2 bottles of kombucha lol. Walked about 3 miles throughout the day. Dinner was egg and tomato soup (those cage-free organic WF eggs are wayyyy yellow!) and about 1/2 lb sweet potato. Calories 2300.

Aww boo. Even though it doesn't say anything on the ingredients list, I'm pretty sure my kimchi has MSG. It makes me thirsty and bloated the day afterward.

Friday:

Breakfast of bone broth and a bottle of kombucha. Lunch was 12 oz or so of lamb neck meat, followed up by some peppermint patties, chocolate chips, and coconut chips. Walked about 3 miles throughout the day. Gym.

Snatch: 45x1x5, 55x1x5, 65x3x5 (this was very difficult because I got some rash on my hand )
    Bench: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 100x3x5
    Front squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 100x2x5

Dinner was a bottle of kombucha, some kimchi, and 2/3 cup rice mixed with a can of salmon and cilantro. Followed up by some seaweed and balsamic vinegar. Calories 2400.

I never got the chance to give thanks.

Last week, when I read the 3-ladder system blog post and found out that many of those who are Primal are not even in Gentry class, I have been humbled on how fortunate I am to have reached it without too much difficulty due to the timing of when I was born, my ancestry, and my supportive family. I hate how all the social/competitive pressures from my colleages at work have even made me feel like shit when so many more people are dealing with way more shit and less pay and stuck with their big-picture, creative mentality that deserves so much more. I actually have an outlet. I'm going to continue to contribute to the success of free enterprise, and hopefully I won't let those who are close to me down.

Saturday:

8 hr sleep. 15 hour fast, going straight into a 2 hour moderate hike. Lunch was 1 lb elk meat with a napa cabbage salad with tamari and olive oil. Dinner was egg and tomato soup. Snack was 2 oz chocolate chips and 3 oz coconut chips. Lol. Calories 2400.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-09-2012 at 02:37 AM.

My vitamin D came back at 48 mg/dL.

I find that fair since for the few weeks leading up to my tests, I took a 5,000mg dose every other day instead of every day like I usually do. Now that I got my new shipment of Vitamin D in, I'm going back to 5,000mg/day.

Sunday:

8 hours of sleep. Basically almost didn't exercise today. Breakfast was nonexistent. Broke the fast around 10-11 hours in. Ate some bone broth, fried up a lamb neck steak, and ate a shitton of seaweed with olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and honey. Went to the gym to do sprints for about 10 minutes, but not before consuming a bunch of chocolate peppermint coal things from Trader Joe's. Dinner was 3/4 lb potato, a tin of sardines, the lamb neck steak bones simmered with tomato and egg into a soup. And about 500 calories in white chocolate chips. Calories 2550.

Monday:

7 hours of sleep? Felt like less. Walked about 4 miles throughout the day. Breakfast was bone broth and some fried chicken liver. Lunch was tomatoes in balsamic and EVOO, fried chicken liver, a sweet potato and a small organic potato. Shortly before dinner, had a bunch of coconut chips (although the amount is undetermined because I think WF's checkout scale was way off) and trail mix. Dinner was a sweet potato, a small organic potato, a tin of sardines, and some chocolate chips. Calories 2150.

Gosh darn it, gave in to the box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts that my mom sent me through the mail. Merry Christmas to me! Unfortunately, I got carried away and had to take a walk in the cold.... I can still feel the sugar coursing through my veins, but at least now my muscles don't feel so sore or glycogen depleted like it did earlier today and yesterday.

7 hours of sleep. Walked about 3 miles throughout the day, including the one at night after eating chocolates. Breakfast was bone broth and part of lunch. The entire lunch was 3/4 lb sweet potato, 3/4 lb ground beef stir fried with ginger, garlic powder, and 1/2 lb eggplant. Walked to a chocolatier and bought a 99% dark chocolate truffle for $2 Dinner was a bite of cheese and some lamb meat at a mixer, and some small bits of berries, followed by some egg and tomato soup. And then about 1500 calories in the chocolates. Calories 3250.

ALSO today I bought some buffalo mozzarella on sale for $2 for 1/4 lb each. I can't wait to dive into them for breakfast. I tried a sample, and it was TOTAL YUMMERS.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wednesday:

7 hours of sleep. Felt pretty full in the morning, with a quick heartbeat to boot from the chocolate, so tried to do a 24 hour fast. It ended up being 23, which was close enough. But man, did the gym suck. I'm never going in on a long fast again, since now I know the true difference between fasted and REALLY fasted. My workout was:

Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x1x5, 165x2x5 (WITH BREAKS IN BETWEEN!!)
    OHP 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5 (had the cruddy bar where the weights would keep shifting, so felt it was dangerous to try a 75)
    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 205x1x1, 235x1x1, fail @ 255x1x1

Dinner was rice with canned salmon and nori mixed together in my rice cooker, and some kale chips. Unfortunately I had some leftover chocolate macadamias leftover, and then dug into some white chocolate in the end. Calories 2300.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-14-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Page 57 of 103 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast