Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 56

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Monday:

12 hours of sleep - had to skip work because felt shitty. Breakfast of bone broth. Lunch of lamb meat and tomatoes and spaghetti squash with butter. Snacked on a pomegranate and 1000 calories of shredded coconut. Dinner was a potato and a can of tuna. Calories 2200.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 11-27-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Tuesday:

7.5 hours of sleep. Breakfast of bone broth. Lunch of 3/4 lb grass-fed ground beef with ginger, garlic, and 1/2 lb eggplant. Took about 3 miles in walks throughout the day. Had half a box of TJ's cocoa truffles, which, by the way, did not taste THAT great...I could totally make my own! Noticed that my hamstring still did not recover from the epic hike (which was probably exacerbated by the fact that I just sat around the following two days). Gym:

Squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 165x3x5
    OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 75x1x5, 70x2x5
    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 225x1x3

Dinner was 2/3 dry cup white rice with 2 eggs mixed in, 1 tin tuna, 1 sweet potato, and 1 lb red cabbage sauteed in coconut oil. Calories 2600.

Also want to note I received another compliment today at the gym! It feels good being told that what I lift is more than what most guys at the gym do LOL
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 11-27-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Wednesday:

7 hours of sleep. Breakfast of bone broth. Lunch of 3/4 lb lamb meat and slow cooked cilantro and a large sweet potato. Took a 1 mile walk and ate about 600 calories in coconut chips. Came home and dinner was 10 fl oz oysters dipped in balsamic vinegar, more sweet potato, and maybe another 200 calories in shredded coconut. Calories 2050.

Wednesday:

7 (or maybe even less) hours of sleep. Stress from work getting to me again.

Breakfast of bone broth and half a chocolate bar. Lunch was almost a lb of grass-fed beef with a lb of cabbage, and the rest of the chocolate bar. Gym:

Front squat: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 115x2x5, 120x1x5
    Bench: 45x1x5, 95x3x5
    Snatch: 45x1x5, 55x1x5, 65x3x5 [shitty last 3 sets though, lots of rest]

I HAD to run into my ex today -.-

Dinner was 2/3 dry cup of white rice, a LOT of kimchi, 2 eggs, and a tin of sardines. Calories 2100.

Friday:

6.5-7 hours of sleep.

Breakfast of bone broth. Lunch was a chicken leg and mixed greens, with some shrimp and about 4oz coconut chips. Gave in and ate some of the mochi I made....walked for about 2 miles during the day. And went to a gathering with people. But just felt so shitty when I got home that I ate about 2x more mochi....calories 3350.

Saturday:

7-7.5 hours of sleep. Breakfast was bone broth. Lunch was some potatoes roasted in olive oil and rosemary and homemade coconut custard. Had about a 20 minute walk, and went to the gym to do a set of sprints for 20 minutes, which included pullups, pushups, and squats. And a little bit of running, but was scared of slipping on the wet pavement outside the gym. Dinner was tomato and egg soup, followed by some kombucha and 6 almond rocas....calories 1600.

Sunday:

7 hours of sleep. Felt SO much better today in general. Breakfast was bone broth. Snacks of small cubes of cheese samples at Costco and Whole Foods. I totally don't need to go to Costco anymore...there was nothing there I could buy! Lunch was a pomegranate, and then 3/4 lb of turkey wing meat and skin...5+ rated from Whole Foods! Dinner was the turkey bones made into stock, into hot and sour soup with shiitake and enoki and 2 eggs. Also added in some kabocha and 1/2 lb fried chicken livers. Threw in a kombucha tea at the end. Walked 2.5 miles total. Calories 2200.

Monday:

6.5 hours of sleep. Bone broth breakfast and a bottle of kombucha as a snack. Lunch was about 12 oz lamb neck meat with a few tomatoes and a bunch of kabocha. Walked about 4 miles. Snack was chocolate covered cacao nibs. Dinner was a tin of sardines, the rest of the kabocha, 1.5 oz coconut chips, and about half an oz of chocolate chips, ending the meal at 7pm. Calories 1800.

Tuesday:

8-8.5 hours of sleep, although the quality wasn't very good. I think because I recently washed my pillow and it ended up contorting into this thicker, smaller ball, and I refuse to buy a new one. I had a pretty weird nightmare that ended up with me sleeping next to a glass door, and something sinister cracked it open and grabbed my arm/boob. I woke up with the feeling of something grabbing me still, so it was kind of freaky :\

Anyway...I had to fast through breakfast because I had blood work done. I am looking forward to my results in the next few days. I had lunch at around 10:30 (thereby breaking the fast at 15.5 hours) of 1 lb stir fried ground beef with 1/2 lb of these beautiful organic rainbow chard leaves from Whole Foods. Also had a kombucha bottle, a small bit of kabocha squash, and some chocolate covered cacao nibs. Walked about 2 miles total during the day.

Gym:

Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 205x1x5
    OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 75x3x5 (although the middle set required me to set down the bar in between a 3 and 2)
    Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 165x3x5
    Couldn't do a tricep dip at all, which meant I tried pretty hard on those overhead presses since I usually can manage at least one.

Dinner was 2/3 dry cup of rice cooked mixed with 1 lb canned salmon and kimchi (omg soooo delicious; I am totally doing it again on Friday after my workout), and the other 1/2 lb of chard sauteed in coconut oil. Followed up by about 1.5 oz coconut chips. Calories 2400.

On another side note, I am kind of nervous about my blood exam because I'm pretty sure I ingested some weird chemical in the Chinese plum tea I drank the night before around 9pm. Woke up bloated, which shouldn't have happened since I had plenty of exercise the day before and limited salt intake for dinner. Oh well.

Blood panel came back today. Results:

Fasting blood sugar: 77 mg/dL
    Total cholesterol: 272
    Triglicerides: 66
    HDL: 86
    LDL (calculated): 173
    VLDL (calculated): 13

This makes my ratios:
    Total/HDL: 3.16 (whooooo, big and fluffy LDL!)
    Trig/HDL: 0.77
    LDL/HDL: 2.01

Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast