Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 5

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Haha I'm glad to see that someone doesn't think I'm crazy! (all my coworkers think I am! XD)

Great job with the carbs! I am getting better at it now that I'm eating more cheese and less chocolate, but I definitely like to have a daily square at the very least if I can :<

I did try the magnesium tablets for three nights in a row, and I fell asleep and stayed asleep until my alarm went off, which was really good. I only gave myself about 6-7 hours of sleep (not enough) so I was really drowsy for the day afterward. Last night I didn't take a tablet and I had a lot of trouble sleeping, so I think I am indeed magnesium deficient. That would explain how I didn't crave or eat chocolate during the days I ate the tablets too! Good insight - maybe you should give it a go

I only saw a 1kg loss since about 2 weeks ago. I think that's pretty good since when I weighed myself, I was really full of food and the salt/msg from the day before, so if I dial down the sodium in the next few days, I should see rapid loss of (water!) weight.

I'm having a really hard time staying awake at work, but I'm not sure if it's the sleep deprivation or the low carb flu. Eating something with small amounts of sugar temporarily helps, though my heart starts hammering once I go over the 30g carbs in one sitting mark...don't know why that is XD

Phew! Ate the last of my mooncake, so definitely feeling the sugar rush as I plan for my afternoon step aerobics workout

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Food log:
    Breakfast: Almost an entire mooncake (with lots of duck egg yolk!! =] ) sans outer wheat shell
    Snack: Macadamias
    Lunch: Grass fed beef with amaranth
    Dinner: lots of chocolate covered peanuts...and then some tomatoes for something healthy at least...

Macros:
    Carbs: 130
    Protein: 66
    Fat: 130

Exercise
    Bike 4 miles to work
    Bike 4 miles back from work

So I found this half pound of chocolate covered peanuts in the back of the freezer...after coming home tired from work I think I really badly wanted the sugar? or that mooncake was too insulin-spiking. I haven't added the peanuts to my macros because I am sure that my carbs hit over 200g today. Am planning on doing a fast tomorrow to see what happens. No exercise tonight because I felt tired, and will be resting for another two days. Getting slightly antsy about not working out as much as I used to. Oh well! Down the magnesium supplement goes
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-22-2011 at 10:33 PM.

So I re-read what the basics of Primal Blueprinting was today, and I think I failed in a lot of it with different respects. Although I have eliminated grains, I still eat a lot of sugar from fruit and chocolate, which has kept my carbs consistently above 100g. I also read today's article on MDA about Paula, and I think I have that same syndrome of indulging way too much.

No more of this bullshit. Time to get Primal for real. Limited nuts (pound of macadamias in the freezer). Very limited dairy (once a week cheese and very minute amounts in coffee). No fruit. No sugar. I am only going to eat 99% or 100% cacao if I want chocolate. Lots and lots of greens. I have lots of butter and coconut oil and olive oil. This should be easy since I have everything I need. Every time I get a craving for anything I'll take a shot of oil or drink coconut milk. I can do this!!
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-23-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammar errors

Alright, the start of something new! I ate completely Primal this weekend with no nuts and no cheese, though I probably could have worked a little on my carbohydrate intake. I'm not going to let it get me down, though. That was my break on working my way up on the little things, so now that I have a better handle on it, I'm going to go at things full force!

On a side note - water retention is super rough. I'm up at 154 pounds this morning, probably since my carb intake has been so high. I'm going to burn it off on tonight's boot camp, though, so tomorrow should go a lot more swimmingly.

Goals for the week:
    - carbs under 50g
    - 8-9 hours of sleep

Monday, September 26

Food log
    Breakfast: Venti coffee with what I logged as half and half (I think they cheated on me when I requested whipping cream...)
    Lunch: Meatloaf containing grass fed beef, onions, garlic, tomato paste, and dried herbs, with thawed spinach on top
    Mid-afternoon pick-me-up: Venti coffee refill with whipping cream, dry
    Dinner: 3 eggs, 1 medium tomato
    Midnight snack: about a Tablespoon or two of coconut oil

Carb intake (g)
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-26-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Tuesday, September 27

Food log
    Breakfast: Grande misto with whipping cream, dry
    Lunch: Meatloaf with spinach, grande misto with whipping cream, dry
    Dinner: 10.5oz chevre from TJ's, some seaweed, and celery stalks...then decided to cook 3 eggs.
    After-dinner snack: A little bit of whipped cream, a tablespoon or so of oil, and then a little bit more seaweed until I realized I was over my carbs because I forgot eggs have 1g each -.-

Carb intake (g):
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-28-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Ugh, today went overtime, and as a result I ate wayyy too many small candies at the shared table to keep alert. I also had some kefir when I came home because I didn't realize how many carbs were in an entire jug when I chugged the whole thing due to thirst (Being tired + seeing dietary fiber on the carbohydrate line = fail) At least I get all that healthy bacteria eating those carbs for me?

Wednesday, September 28

Food log
    Breakfast: IF
    Lunch: Herb roasted turkey slices pulled out from a sandwich and a pickle spear. My version of the company lunch.
    Snack: Quite a few Hershey's dark chocolate squares.
    Dinner: Kefir, coconut milk, eggs, seaweed, canned salmon, and soy protein powder.
    After-dinner: (And THIS is the reason why I should not ever eat sweets during the day, ever!) absolutely last resort chocolate bar and butter mochi sitting all the way in the back of the fridge

Carb intake (g)
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-28-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Hm, the more I stress, the more I tend to fall off the wagon. Thursday and Friday both came out to around 200-300g carbs each. At least yesterday was all fat and protein except about up to 100 grams in bittersweet chocolate. Today was entirely fat and protein save the half of homemade macaroon made by my good friend, and some vegetables that aren't too carby.

Next time for sure I'll just not reach for the candy when tired. I have a jar of coconut oil on my desk now

OH. Period came a bit early. That explains for all the cravings and emotional problems. Silly me.

Monday, October 3

Wow today went really well. I had some coconut oil for breakfast, then sausages for lunch. For dinner I went to a bar with some friends and had less than a half glass of wine, some meat, some avocado, some chicken, nibbled on the burger bun, and all the frosting from the cupcake for my friend's birthday (I know for a fact that the bakery only uses sour cream, butter, bittersweet chocolate, vanilla, salt, and sugar). Then I came home and had some really dark chocolate and then tempted myself into making coconut cream and cocoa powder dessert. I can feel the sugar slightly coursing through my system, but I feel good regardless; not bloated, kind of high on energy, and feel great knowing that I consumed 50-75g carbs, no problem today. No exercise, but that's okay! Feels kind of liberating in that I didn't compulsively want to exercise after eating what seemed like so much food today.

Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast