Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 48

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Saturday:

Woke up around 11, making about 6 hours of intermittent sleep. Ate breakfast/lunch of 1/2 lb lamb neck meat and some macadamia nuts. Also tried a little bit of a Two Degrees cherry almond quinoamilletrice bar. Not terrible, but not great. Walked around in the afternoon for 4 miles. Dinner was a half lb of beef liver and roasted carrots. Calories 2000.

Sunday:

Woke up at around 9, making about 8-9 hours of decent sleep. Was cold at night; should use another blanket so that I don't wake up sniffly. Lunch was a cabbage salad with almonds and a small fish fillet with garlic butter. Dinner was about 6-7 oz of mixed nuts, lamb broth, dried seaweed, and kimchi (yayyyy junk food!). Walked around for about an hour afterward. Calories 2400.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 10-09-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Monday:

Woke up around 7, which is about 6 hours of sleep, although I should have slept more because I awoke with a sore throat. Ate breakfast of 3 oz almonds, 1 can sardines, some carrots, some kimchi, and snack of a cup of coconut flour. Had diarrhea in the early afternoon, which ended up carrying for the next 8 hours...too much kimchi or lamb broth? Then I went on a walk in the afternoon of 3 miles and got some coffee with half and half. Then I biked to and back from the gym, which was really shitty due to feeling sick.

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x3x5 (attempted 155 and couldn't even do that)
    Bench: 35x1x5, 85x3x5
    Snatch: 45x1x5, 65x1x3, 65x1x2

Dinner was 1/2 lb sweet potato, about 1/2 lb oxtail meat, an entire pot of moqueca with a lb of fish, some honey, and some almonds. Calories 3300.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Can I ask what you mean by a snack of coconut flour? I use it a bit, but can't imagine eating it in isolation. That would give my system some trouble for sure. Just curious, thanks

Idk, sometimes if I am craving carbs and I am too lazy to wait 30 minutes for a sweet potato to boil, I just take a spoonful of coconut flour, add saliva in my mouth to it, chew a little, and swallow. And repeat. Tastes good, and mitigates my carb cravings.

I've done this many times in the past and have never had digestive issues, except for the fact that if I consume too much, I get nauseated by the fiber content.

Also, I noticed that I have these small red, itchy spots on my foot on Monday. At first I thought it was bug bites, but it was only on one foot. Today there were more, on just one leg, and more areas have been slightly itchy. Was wondering if it is bacteria die-off because I have been religious with my kimchi consumption and started getting these itches when I started drinking broth. Also my carbs have been consistently under 200g for the past 2 weeks, with most days under 100g...

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Well I just tried a spoonful of coconut flour and I gotta say... I liked it : )
    It's like throwing a sweet, crushed up saltine in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    Well I just tried a spoonful of coconut flour and I gotta say... I liked it : )
    It's like throwing a sweet, crushed up saltine in your mouth.
    Yeahhhhhh Glad you liked it! haha. And now I'm not the only weirdo ;P

Tuesday:

Meant to fast the entire day, but ended up thinking about food constantly, even when not hungry, so figured it was in my best interest to just eat when I got home. Sometimes I think I just psych myself out...should be more relaxed about these fasts...

Anyway, during the day I had coffee and walked about 6.5 miles. For dinner I had: 3 lbs kabocha squash, 1 can of salmon with parsley and grape tomatoes and lemon juice, some bone broth, some kimchi, a half Tbsp of raw honey, some balsamic vinegar, and about 2-3oz of raw almonds. Calories 1750.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 10-10-2012 at 09:31 PM.

PrimalCon New York
    Wednesday:

Had 6 hours of sleep. Lunch was coffee with cream. Snack in the afternoon was coffee with whole milk. Rode bike home and did running sprints. Dinner was shrimp and eggs, a sweet potato, leftover kabocha, some broth, some kimchi, some honey, and a few cacao nibs. Calories 2000. Tired...

Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast