Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 47

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Tuesday:

Lunch was coffee with cream. Dinner was 1/2 lb salmon collar, a cabbage salad, 1 lb ground beef with 3/4 lb eggplant, some carrots, some kimchi, and some vinegar. Then I snacked on 2 oz of almonds in addition to the 2 oz in my salad. Calories 2100. Walked 5 miles total.
    Then I had like 5 hours of unsatisfying sleep, then intermittent napping for another 2 hours. Ugh.

Wednesday:

I think my metabolism is finally getting fixed! Was hungry during lunch, so had a half lb of chicken leg, some shrimp, some greens, and some sauteed greens. Afternoon coffee with cream. Dinner was 6 oz macadamias and an entire container of Lifeway kefir and a carrot, followed by an entire linguica sausage and a half with some cabbage salad with almonds. Calories 3500. Exercise was 2 miles of walking. Awesome.

Thursday:

Lunch was a cup of coffee with a splash of cream. Dinner was 6 oz macadamias, cabbage salad, some kimchi, a pound of wild boar [OMG sooooo good!], and a large linguica. Calories around 2800 and I exercised by walking about 4.5 miles.

I totally cannot wait to use my new crockpot! I bought a bunch of oxtails, lamb necks, and a beef shank, so I am hoping to start getting some real bone broth in instead of having to make gummies with extracted collagen all the time. Yay!

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Gettin' up there with those dead lifts and bench presses... Do you ever do 1 RM days to get an idea of how your max is doing?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Hope you are happy and making progress.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by lorichka6 View Post
    Gettin' up there with those dead lifts and bench presses... Do you ever do 1 RM days to get an idea of how your max is doing?
    Nah, I've been weak lately. I've been experimenting with different commutes to my new office, and the biking totally kills my gym progress. And the stress + less food has been downregulating my metabolism and strength. Once I get this all sorted out, I will get back on the bandwagon with the deadlifts >_< What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Hope you are happy and making progress.
    I am happy, that is for sure. I just added a bunch of stress to my life, so once that dies down and I learn how to cope, things should definitely continue to move forward. How are you doing? Has your CW or lifestyle changed from the last moment we've spoken?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I am happy, that is for sure. I just added a bunch of stress to my life, so once that dies down and I learn how to cope, things should definitely continue to move forward. How are you doing? Has your CW or lifestyle changed from the last moment we've spoken?
    Good for you.

I am much happier too thanks, starting a new job on Monday, down on a farm.

I have stopped weighing myself as I believe that ditching the scales will help. Clothes feeling and looking loser. Doing less low cardio at the gym and walking more - that's largely down to an Indian summer.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Wow, that's really cool! What kind of farm is it, and does this mean free organic food? XD

Great to know that you have found your sweet weight loss spot I have found that a decrease in a stress helps absolutely immensely, so I am working on that, but looks like you have finally found it!

PrimalCon New York
    Friday:

The night before I had only 6 hours of sleep. Breakfast was some coffee with butter. Ate some awesome bbq beef brisket and pulled pork with some steamed zucchini and mustard greens for lunch. Walked around for a mile or so afterward, and got another coffee with some cream. Biked over an hour going to the gym, and did:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
    OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x1x5, 75x2x5
    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 225x3x3 doing alternate grip without straps

Dinner afterward was some rice, linguica, scrambled eggs, and roasted carrots. Calories around 3300. Then I proceeded to have about 6 hours of intermittent sleep ~.~
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 10-06-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast