Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 4

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow, yesterday I ate almost no chocolate and my carbs were a lot lower despite eating those donut holes and mochi? Maybe I should start limiting chocolate...

Friday, September 16, 2011:

Food log
    Breakfast: G&B Espresso Bar, cream cheese and a fig
    Lunch: Half pound of ham and quarter pound of spring mix.
    Dinner: LOTS OF DUCK

Ratios
    Carbs: 73
    Protein: 59 + unknown duck protein
    Fat: 78 + unknown duck fat
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-19-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Well I can't really track what I ate over the weekend. It was a 2-day tournament, and I spent most of it standing around and eating, and less than half an hour of real intense exercise each day. Maybe lots of moving slowly made up for my food intake? Since I weighed 149 when I came back despite feeling all the food in my stomach and the salt in my system. I kept things mostly Primal, with several handful of nuts thrown in, and a big bowl of fried rice, so I am proud that I did not eat any of the Costco omega-3 muffin thingies or other flour-filled foods. Time to officially get 100% Primal today!!

Monday, September 19, 2011:

Food log:
    Breakfast: IF
    Lunch: 3 eggs and several frozen cups of Chinese stir fry veggies
    Snack: someone nice enough to give me a mixed nut mooncake...ate 1/4 so far, and my coworker's egg yolks
    Dinner: salmon cakes (4/30/13 ratio), amaranth with garlic, and goat cheese
    After-dinner snack: blue cheese, then some blueberries with cream

Ratios:
    Carbs: 101
    Protein: 154
    Fat: 185

Exercise:
    Moved slowly for 60 minutes getting groceries and biking to work
    Half an hour of deadlifts and snatches. Still trying to re-perfect my form after 3 months of mia =(
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-20-2011 at 09:05 AM.

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Wow, you can really see a difference in your carb consumption in just a couple weeks! I too am a slave to chocolate...my only saving grace is I live in a country that makes crap chocolate, and on my budget I can't afford to go to specialty stores to get the good stuff.

That being said, if any fellow sympathizers wants to sends mes somes g&b goodness in guatemala, I will accept!

Good luck on your journey!

Now that you point it out, I can really see what my carbs are like! I think for the next few weeks I'm going to limit my chocolate consumption to only 95%+ range so that I don't tempt myself with too many carbs.

Aw, it's too bad you can't get good stuff there, but at least there are a lot of different foods to try there in guatemala! Good luck on your journey as well!

I was really tired yesterday, but after the workout didn't feel sleepy until 11PM. I think I will not workout today so that I can sleep earlier and get a longer sleep at night. I'm a monster with eating if I don't sleep at the right time...

Tuesday, September 20, 2011:

Food log:
    Breakfast: the 3/4 of the mooncake I didn't eat yesterday, excluding the wheat exterior
    Lunch: Salmon burgers with amaranth
    Dinner: Tomatoes and cheese...then my landlady gave me a bowl full of tofu noodles and beef cooked in vegetable oil...couldn't be a b!t@h and refuse it :X ... then i had some seaweed
    Late night snack: Caved into 100g of 85% TJs chocolate bar I had remaining. Need to find a better excuse than "it's melting" for not eating it xD Also ate some coconut flour...yum!

Ratios:
    Carbs: 140
    Protein: 164
    Fat: 195

Exercise log:
    4 miles bike ride to work
    12 miles back from work, got lost trying to take a different route XD
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-21-2011 at 08:33 AM.

LVFitMama is offline Junior Member
    Very curious about your diet. I notice slot of chocolate and cheese. Little protein. Can you give me some insight to your method? Thanks.

Little protein? I often get over 100g, but I hear that it's not good to go over too much. I really love eating chocolate and cheese, and as long as my ratios are reasonable, I let myself indulge. I only eat goat and raw cheese, and chocolates are usually 85% or higher in cacao, which can be placed in a Primal diet.

Surprisingly I woke up this morning witha gnawing hunger feeling in my stomach for several hours. Since I ate so much last night, I decided not to eat breakfast since I was pretty sure my system was full.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Food log:
    Breakfast: IF
    Lunch: Salad with chicken and greek goddess dressing
    Snack: Peanuts and like 6 macadamias
    Pre-workout snack: Was at Sprouts bulk bins and couldn't help but sample a lot of the chocolate covered *insert fruit or nut*
    Dinner: Grass fed ground beef with amaranth (licked my plate clean of the tablespoon of fat!)
    Post-dinner: Wanted some cheese...the last of my cheese, thank goodness! XD
    Yikes...then had a craving and ate the rest of the chocolate covered cherries that was meant to be pre-workout food lol. Good thing I only bought 4 oz...

Ratios:
    Carbs: 131
    Protein: 177
    Fat: 223

Exercise
    Morning 4 mile ride to work
    Afternoon 10 mile ride back home. Stopped for groceries, walked around the entire supermarket twice, and did bench press and seated row at the gym

Argh...need stricter standards. I need to eat a lot less carbs so that the fats are more satiating. I need to stop snacking when I'm tired -.- Good thing I'm armed with a bunch of macadamias now, so I won't eat those evil peanuts
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-21-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Hey - So great to read another journal where breakfast = chocolate!! yay! I'm another chocolate eater. I'm sticking to 90% and above to keep the carbs down. My goal for the 30 day challenge was carbs under 80g a day. I've managed it on the most part, with lots of days coming in about 50g - even with chocolate. Thank goodness!! Your posts have definitely brought a smile to my face.

I also struggle with sleeping. Does magnesium help? I read that lots of people with chocolate cravings are deficient in magnesium?

So, how is it going weight loss wise? I've been resisting weighing myself... Sooooo Hard!

Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast