Page 39 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 39

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Sunday:

Walking around a bit while doing errands, but my foot hurt at some point, so I figured it was best not to keep walking. Dinner was a little over 2 lbs chicken breasts, 1/2 lb sugar snap peas, some sauerkraut, 12 oz raspberries, an apple, and a few pieces of fresh coconut.

Running out of protein soon...yikes!

Monday:

24 hour fast with training. Forgot to take BCAA's prior to going to the gym, but still did decently.

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x3x5
    OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5
    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 225x1x1, failed attempt at 245x1x1, 225x1x2

Dinner consisted of a pound of alaskan cod simmered in coconut milk, kale, and a jalapeno. And about 12 oz of chicken breast, 2 small apples, a bowl of kraut, 1.5 lbs of sweet potato with some coconut oil, and about 5 tablespoons of honey.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Hey - I've been reading your journal a bit. What is your reasoning for the once a day eating? I'm not saying that in a critical way, just wondering I assume since you have been doing it for a while you like it better/find it easier than eating 3 meals per day?

Nice progression on your lifts I'm doing Starting Strength (in a half assed sort of way) and am at similar weights to you - except for bench - you've got me by 25 lbs there! Do you have ultimate goals for strength? Are you doing it for competition or just to be stronger or for performance in some other sport?

I eat once a day just because it's easier and less stressful. I hate bringing in stuff to work, especially cold food that I do not wish to use the microwave to heat up, plus I'm cheap and would not eat outside food anyway, so I just eat once a day for a long window after I get home from work. I've seen some progress with fat loss doing a 24 hour fast every week, at least. I also at least try to avoid breakfast because I'm never hungry until lunch anyway, and usually if I eat breakfast, it sets me up for a binge fest for the rest of the day.

Thank you on the lifting compliment. I'm actually half-assing it right now because I'm "cutting," but I'm going to have to step up the cut a bit because I didn't see any weight loss for several weeks now (probably due to the huge nut binge). I do have goals - 2x body weight deadlift by the end of the year is the main one, and will be doable once I cut enough. If you don't mind me asking - what is your body weight and strenght goals?

I'm 5'2" and ~140-142. Before crossfit I had been 135-137 for probably 10 years or so. My clothes all fit the same and if anything are a little bigger in the waist than they used to be so I'm going to believe those 5 lbs are muscle When I started xfit I had never even lifted up a barbell before. Looking back in my log I started deadlifting about 85 lbs (I still remember the day I did 135 and was so happy to lift body weight!). I managed 225 x 1 during a competition at crossfit in Feb but messed up my back because my form was terrible. I dropped back down for a few months and stuck to weights that didn't compromise form at all. I just did 185 x 5 last week for SS. I did 205 x 1 in a WOD one day recently too. Both with no pain, so that is good My clean has gone from 35 lbs to 100 lbs x 3 just a few days ago. I'm not sure what I could do for a 1 RM. Press has gone from being stuck at 65 for MONTHS to 75 in just the few weeks of SS. My bench was 90 x 3 x 5 last week. I've been stuck there too. I have failed at 95 for more than 2 for the last 3 sessions with bench I have trouble breaking parallel on squats. I did 170 x 3 x 5 but have dropped back down to work on breaking parallel instead of barely making parallel. OHS I can do 75 x 5. This was a big jump for me, I'd like to try a max for OHS. Overall my overhead stuff is my weak point. Most women who are DLing and squatting what I do are easily getting 100 lbs overhead and benching low 100s.

I just want to be stronger. I would love to get to the point where I could Rx some of the harder crossfit WODs. Like Grace - 30 95 lb clean and jerks. I think 2 x BW for DL would be cool. I'd like to get a BW clean. I'd like to get better at bodyweight stuff but that would require losing the 10 lbs of fat that won't go away

That came out longer than I meant it to

Haha, that's quite alright I enjoyed reading about your progress. I am jealous of your OHP - since I started cutting, mine has been just bottoming, and would like to know how you gained 10 lbs so easily! I am also jealous of your cleans. Right now I can only do like 115x1x5 because I haven't done any of the training, and it hurts my wrists! Any pointers on how to overcome that?

So you're not doing ass to grass squats? I was breaking 185x3x5 on my squat on parallel, but cut down to around 135, increasing by about 5lbs each time I go to the gym until bearable in order to get it down to the ground. Not sure how much weight you cut, but that's something I did. Can you do pullups? Maybe doing more of those will help with the upper body strength needed to do the upper body lifts. I have problems with this as well.

I like your goals What are your eating habits like?

I gained 10 lbs in my press because I was starting at 65 The honest truth about that (I think) are wrist wraps. Do you use wraps for presses and bench? I think they help the most with those two. OHS too and snatches. Ok, I guess basically everything but dead lifts and back squats. Do your wrists hurt in the rack position on the clean? That is a wrist flexibility issue I'd think.

I've never tried literal ass to grass. I suspect I'd fall over backwards I'm not even sure I could do that as an air squat! I have some bad hip stuff that I'm working through (my pelvis is anteriorly rotated and in normal life doesn't cause problems, but it makes it painful to squat). If I don't keep every muscle in my lower body as tight as I can and drive my knees out as much as I can my femurs basically grind into my ASIS and that is a definite ouch. I dropped back down to 135 and am working there for now. I can do chin ups, not pull ups. The difference is amazing. I can string together 3-4 strict chin ups - maybe 7-8 if I kip a little. I can't get myself an inch higher than a dead hang if I use an overhand grip. IDK. Some posterior muscle(s) can't do what they are supposed to I guess... I'm working on kipping hand stand push ups and think those will help with the overhead stuff.

My eating habits are wonderful except for when I binge I've struggled with compulsive eating for a long time now. Primal helps but I still do it. Restricting even a little bit seems to set me off, so I'm really trying to focus on just getting stronger (which I can control and work towards) and less on weighing less... I'm really not "that big" usually a size 6 or 8 in most clothes but its still hard to read all these success stories of "normal" weight women seeing the fat "melt off" as they effortlessly find their hunger and cravings go away... sigh

Ah, I seeeeee. That is interesting because the only time I use wraps are for deadlifting. How do you go about getting your wrists to be more flexible?

Aw, that really sucks about your hip problem! At least this way, you really do have to focus on good form! Impressive that you can still do a plate ass to grass with that problem :\

We really do have similar eating patterns. I have a night bingeing problem, sort of, where I basically feel like I have to gnaw on something until I sleep, unless I get to a point where I'm stuffed (but that takes a lot of food). This is another reason why one-meal-a-day works for me, since I have no instincts to eat otherwise. I think it's harder for people like us because we have real psychological issues with food. The success stories are mainly from people who just have had metabolic issues and basic cravings. It kind of sucks, but I've found Primal to be the easiest way to eat without feeling so restrictive and makes it easier to not binge. Time heals, I guess :P How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Tuesday:

Walked about 4 miles total today. Came home and ate 2+lbs of chicken breast and half a lb of spinach cooked in coconut milk, some coconut, some seaweed, and about 100g sunflower seeds. Oh, and a Tbsp of honey. Then I cooked about 1.5lbs of chicken hearts and ate about 1/3 of it. Mmmmmmm...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That is kind of funny about the wraps To work wrist flexibility they have us sit on the floor and get your arm into a somewhat awkward position (palm to the ground) until your hand is under your leg. Depending how you've set yourself up you just lean to increase the stretch. Some people can't even get their hands under their legs. Have you perused the Mobility WOD site? It is definitely worth the time to watch his videos.

Here is one that might help.

The squats are coming along I wish I had some video of me when I started xfit last summer. I've come a long way but I lose sight of that a lot. I couldn't air squat without pain a year ago!

I like your phrasing "no instincts to eat". Its kind of what today's homepage article was about - when listening to your body doesn't work because your body isn't telling you the right things. Well, maybe my body does, but that pleasure center in my brain f's everything up. I've found not snacking has helped for that reason. I just don't eat except for at meals. This works perfectly for breakfast and lunch but my dinner meal seems to go on for hours... Paleo does help. I think some of it is the more nutritive value of the food I eat, some the fact that fat and protein are satiating, but also that 95% of my trigger foods are not paleo so I just don't eat them.

I've noticed that most of the miracle stories don't seem to suffer from true eating disorders. I can only think of one person that I've read about that seems to have truly overcome REAL binging (the secretive, injuring yourself with food kind).

I'm older than I'd like to admit 34.

Page 39 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast