Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 38

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Wow, a festival for nuts. Have you been following the ongoing PUFA thread?
    My left leg was hurtin' last nite on my evening walk, so I'm taking an exercise break today & will reassess tomorrow morning.
    No, I don't follow it, and am well-aware of the fact that lately I have been consuming way too many PUFAs. I have tried switching to macadamias and cashews, which are lower, but I eat nuts in high volume, so I still end up with way high levels anyway. I've noticed that every time I go off on a large nut-eating craze, I end up with a stuffy nose (probably related to PUFAs) and a bloated stomach (probably related to the insoluble fibers) the next day.

It's really annoying because when I come home and eat my meal of like 2000 calories, I am still hungry for more food, though not necessarily physically hungry. Like my body wants more calories, but it is physically filled. I feel much better eating something high in fats for this, because I tried doing fruits and carbs for a while, and those exacerbated my hunger.

How long of walks do you normally take? I like to keep mine longer than 3 miles because it keeps me sane and relaxed when I let my mind just chill.

Wednesday:

18 hour fast in, went to the gym:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x1x3, 155x1x2, 155x2x5
    OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5
    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 225x1x1, failed @ 245x1x1 so did another 225x1x1.

I tried to go to sleep afterward, just like a few weeks ago, but I ended up getting dizzy. I'm on TTOM, so I figured it probably wasn't a good idea to keep fasting. Ate dinner of 1 lb salmon collar, 10 oz chicken breast, 1/2 lb sweet potato, 2.5 lbs cherries, 12oz cashews, and 1 lb grape tomatoes.

I'm going to try eat a fuckton of sweet potatoes and eating something high in protein afterward to see if I can get the carbs in without getting dizzy or bingeing crazily on carbs after the first few bites. It's really annoying to feel so hungry but full at the same time. And my calories have been ridiculous these past few weeks. Once TTOM is over, my appetite will dial back down and I can focus more on training. Gah.

Thursday:

Came home at 6, and ate a half pound of chicken livers with garlic, 3/4 lb chicken breast, half a head of romaine, a tomato, and the remaining pound of sweet potato I had. Left home and came back. Did some sprinting on the street. Showered, then ate 8oz pistachios and 6 eggs. And some spoonfuls of honey.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Thursday:

Came home at 6, and ate a half pound of chicken livers with garlic, 3/4 lb chicken breast, half a head of romaine, a tomato, and the remaining pound of sweet potato I had. Left home and came back. Did some sprinting on the street. Showered, then ate 8oz pistachios and 6 eggs. And some spoonfuls of honey.
    Damn! I do admire a woman w/ an appetite! YOU EAT LIKE A 300 LB MAN, lol
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Damn! I do admire a woman w/ an appetite! YOU EAT LIKE A 300 LB MAN, lol
    LOL thanks? Miraculously I've been seeing some slow fat loss. I guess this proves real Primal eating works, since earlier in the year I was doing a bunch of dairy, chocolate, and nuts. At that time I had pretty much the same caloric values and same workout regimen, but I was gaining fat. Or maybe it was the 24 hour fasts that was the real dealbreaker.

I'd venture to say, ALL of what yer doing now. IF & 24 hr Fasting + stricter Primal + harder workouts.

I have to be very careful increasing my workouts too much or too fast, as I'm prone to re-injure myself so easily. Then I need to take a break to heal, in which I lose ground...

Haha, perhaps it is. I like it Although I am dreading the plateau and having to cut back on food. I like talking about eating so much and losing weight to my coworkers haha.

I know what you mean on the workouts. I've recently dialed back my deadlift 1RMs because I found that achieving one once every other week puts strain on my back. It's good though, since I have a lot of time in the future to keep improving. When did you first injure yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Haha, perhaps it is. I like it Although I am dreading the plateau and having to cut back on food. I like talking about eating so much and losing weight to my coworkers haha.

I know what you mean on the workouts. I've recently dialed back my deadlift 1RMs because I found that achieving one once every other week puts strain on my back. It's good though, since I have a lot of time in the future to keep improving. When did you first injure yourself?
    Well...I've been injuring myself since childhood, high risk sports, adventure seeking (often under the influence of alcohol or drugs or both). But mainly, it was Oct 2000, I was hit by a drunk dump truck drive in N.Thailand, near the Lao/Burmese border. The area well known as the Golden Triangle. We had just come out of Burma, back into Thailand & were about to cross into Lao on our motorbikes, when I basically got run over on the highway by this drunk Thai guy... 9 surgeries to rebuild my left leg, 5 ruptured discs, broken bones top to bottom, bone, muscle & skin grafts. 18 months til I could work again & even then it was P/T in the beginning. I basically rehab'd myself coz the insurance company route sucked imo, & my main surgeon agreed I ought to do it myself. Someday I'll write about it in a book. I'm not old enough yet, imo, to write a memoir....

Well...I've been injuring myself since childhood, high risk sports, adventure seeking (often under the influence of alcohol or drugs or both). But mainly, it was Oct 2000, I was hit by a drunk dump truck drive in N.Thailand, near the Lao/Burmese border. The area well known as the Golden Triangle. We had just come out of Burma, back into Thailand & were about to cross into Lao on our motorbikes, when I basically got run over on the highway by this drunk Thai guy... 9 surgeries to rebuild my left leg, 5 ruptured discs, broken bones top to bottom, bone, muscle & skin grafts. 18 months til I could work again & even then it was P/T in the beginning. I basically rehab'd myself coz the insurance company route sucked imo, & my main surgeon agreed I ought to do it myself. Someday I'll write about it in a book. I'm not old enough yet, imo, to write a memoir....
    O______O oh wow. that sounds like such an epic injury; I can't believe you are lifting heavy weights in your condition. Congratulations on rehabilitating yourself back to a normal state - I bet most people would have given up and allowed themselves to live a sedentary life. Props

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Friday:

About an hour and a half of moderate cycling. Dinner was homemade hot and sour soup with a home-roasted chicken bone stock, and clay pot chicken with temari and mushrooms. Divine.

Saturday:

About 2 hours of hiking. Lunch to dinner was salmon parsley salad, 2 lbs of sweet potato, 1/2 lb pistachios, 2 lbs grape tomatoes, 1/2 lb cherries, coconut water, some fresh coconut meat, 8 eggs, and 1/2 head of romaine.

Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast