Page 37 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 37

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Monday:

Kind of starved all day, and was feeling cold. Had my BCAA powder right before fasted training. Here's what went wrong:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 165x1x3, 155x1x2, 155x2x5 (veeeery difficult)
    Bench: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 100x3x5
    Snatches: 45x1x5, 60x1x5, 65x3x5 (not that bad)

Squats sucked so much

Dinner was 5 oz cashews, 1.5 lbs chicken, 1 lb spinach sauteed in coconut oil with half an onion, 1 lb cherries, 1 lb sweet potato, and 1/2 lb chocolate-covered cashews. LOL...

TTOM COMING SOON

Tuesday:
    Fasted all day, came home after work and started eating. Ate 3/4 lb chicken breast that I couldn't eat the day before. Then I cooked up some miso-seaweed-clam soup (hence the bloat from miso today), and made a celery salad. Also had about 4 oz cashews and macadamias, 1 lb cherries, 8 eggs, and about 3-4oz clover honey. No exercise ughhhhh.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 07-18-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Wednesday:

Wow. Just wow. I ate until I was nauseous and had to take a short walk right before sleeping because my stomach hurt. O_o Evidently way stressed. Maybe I should dial down my gaming...

Rode my bike for about 2 hours. Came home from about a 20 hour fast and started eating. Made Thai green curry with 2 lbs chicken breast and basil. I also had about 2.5 lbs of kabocha squash. Then 3/4 lb grape tomatoes. Then 3/4 lb cherries. Then 10 oz macadamias (YES, ALL 10 oz...wtf is wrong with me). THEN i ate the coconut milk panna cotta I made, which was only half-formed. Wth.

I'm guessing part of it has to do with stress because I'm tired during the day and can't sleep well at night. I've been forgetting to take my magnesium supplements because I figure I'm so tired right before bed that I shouldn't have problems staying asleep. Also all of this kind of started when I took one of my old multivitamin supplements from Costco. I did this because there is absolutely no nutrition in chicken breast, and I've been eating it like 5/7 days of the week. I'm going to take a break from chicken breast and go back to mostly meat, eggs, and fish, leaving fowl 1-2 days/week. Need to get back on that liver wagon too.

Thursday:

24 hour fast. 20 hours in, I went to the gym:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 165x2x5, 170x1x5.
    OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x3x5
    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 225x1x1, failed attempt at 270x1, so did a 245x1x1

Fell asleep immediately after the gym for 2 hours, and then got up to eat. Dinner was 1 lb shrimp, 8 eggs, 1 humongous celery salad, a pound of kabocha squash, a pound of sweet potato, and about 4oz macadamias.

Friday:

1 hour of bicycling at a moderate pace was my exercise. Dinner was Japanese curry with a little white rice.

Saturday:

1 hour of bicycling at a moderate pace + 1 hour of hiking. Lunch through dinner was lots of junk food...8 oz macadamias mixed with 25 dates and some cacao powder, 2 oz cashews, 12oz chicken breast, 8 eggs, some kraut, and a lb of sweet potato.

Sunday:

Was going to fast 24 hours and go to the gym, but friend came over and we made Thai curry for lunch. I ended up eating about 12 oz chicken breast, part of a can of coconut milk, lots of basil, 8 oz almonds (and the remaining dates), 6 eggs, 1 lb 75% grass fed beef, some tomatoes, some seaweed, the rest of my kraut, 2 lbs of lychee, and some honey. Exercise was about 3 miles of walking spread throughout the day.

Plan for this coming week:

- Put a break on the video games. It's contributing to bad-quality sleep and my tendency to wake up 6 hours after I've hit the sack, even though I'm way too tired to get up.
    - Stop buying those stupid nuts because I obviously can't control myself, even if I buy an overabundance of them as an attempt to overwhelm my brain into thinking it can't possibly eat all of it to save for later. Going back to coconut chips as snacks....at least I'm eating 500 calories including MCTs instead of thousands of calories worth of PUFAs and phytic acid.
    - Start drinking tea at night again. Helps me calm down.
    - WALK MORE. It helped so much to do those 4 mile walks after work in the preceding weeks. Going to start that up again versus the bike rides.

Also, it's been a while since I ate organs. My old excuse was that they were laden with PUFAs and antibiotics, since I can't get a grass-fed source that easily, but I'm going to get a bunch of stuff tomorrow. Going to buy liver and fish at Whole Foods, and see if I can buy heart anywhere in the Asian supermarket nearby. I want to make bone broth, but I don't have a crockpot. Oh well, start slow...

Monday:

Went to the gym on a ~20 hour fast:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 160x2x5, 165x1x5
    Snatch: 45x1x5, 60x1x5, 65x1x5, 65x1x4, 65x1x1, 65x1x4, 65x1x1
    Bench: 45x1x5, 95x3x5

Dinner was a can of salmon with parsley and tomatoes. I was going to eat my 1 lb bag of mixed seafood but HALF of it was surimi! Dammit....so I had like half a pound of assorted seafood mix. Also had a few oz of walnuts and a small sweet potato. And 8 eggs.

Tuesday:

Went for a 6 mile walk after work. Sleep was SO GOOD and dreams so lucid. Yay
    Dinner was a pound of salmon collar, half a pound of chicken liver, 7oz cashews, 2oz almonds, an oz macadamias, and an oz pistachios. Oh, and a grape tomato salad with some basil. And a small sweet potato with coconut oil. Mmmmmmmmm....

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Tuesday: Went for a 6 mile walk after work. Sleep was SO GOOD and dreams so lucid. Yay
    Dinner was a pound of salmon collar, half a pound of chicken liver, 7oz cashews, 2oz almonds, an oz macadamias, and an oz pistachios. Oh, and a grape tomato salad with some basil. And a small sweet potato with coconut oil. Mmmmmmmmm....
    Wow, a festival for nuts. Have you been following the ongoing PUFA thread?
    My left leg was hurtin' last nite on my evening walk, so I'm taking an exercise break today & will reassess tomorrow morning.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Page 37 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast