Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 30

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Holy shit, I've been getting lazy with the calorie counting. Plugged my food from yesterday into a calculator out of a pound of ground beef, a huge thing of parsley, a pound of sweet potato, 8 egg whites, 4 eggs, and several ounces of nuts. Turned out to be 2700 calories and way more fat than I thought. Whoops?

Also very enlightening to find out after a month taht I am only 156lbs still. D'oh.

In gym news:

Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 155x3x5
    OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x2x5, 70x1x6
    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 205x1x5, 225x1x4..and then one more rep after rest

Going to dial it back a little on the deadlift 1rm's. Gonna work on lower weights and higher reps to give muscles a slight break.

Walked about 2-3 miles yesterday. Ate a dozen eggs and a dozen egg whites, along with half a pound of sweet potato. And a handful of almonds. Whoopdeedoo.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Lmao, thanks XD I do feel stuffed after a meal, but in a good way Sometimes I do have binge-like episodes, but it's during my TTOM or when I get a row of days of not enough sleep, and it's related that way. It's also a lot easier to do 24 hour fasts than the 16/8 leangains approach. Your appetite is really downplayed during this time, and I feel that it kind of resets my habits the way a binge resets my habits the wrong way...if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I still am off chocolate, until I can either better control myself around it (will probably never happen xD) or when I get to a reasonable weight. I did have a few episodes these past few months, but only because it was fortuitously in the house or given to me, and not becuase I went out to purchase it for the sake of consuming. I am jealous of your bars; Lindt is definitely one of the best low-cost bars out there, and I wish I could be eating it more...power to you for having enough self control
    You can also buy an x amount of chocolate bar every month or so and just don't buy any more. That's what I do. I buy 10 lindt 99% bars a month (maybe that's too much for you I don't know) and I just don't buy any more chocolate the rest of the month. So when I lose self control and I would, let's say, eat all 10 bars in 1 sitting, then too bad for me because I won't be having any more chocolate the rest of the month
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    You can also buy an x amount of chocolate bar every month or so and just don't buy any more. That's what I do. I buy 10 lindt 99% bars a month (maybe that's too much for you I don't know) and I just don't buy any more chocolate the rest of the month. So when I lose self control and I would, let's say, eat all 10 bars in 1 sitting, then too bad for me because I won't be having any more chocolate the rest of the month
    Or I could just not buy it, be okay with it, and not waste the guilt, calories, or money on the bars in the first place.

I'm definitely going back to chocolate after I finish the cut. It's been slow-moving, but maybe another 2 months and I'll be all good.

Past few days the exercise and eating were ridiculous. Friday I did a nearly 24 hour fast, did heavy lifting, and had bits of food for dinner, as I had friends over. I probably ate like 800 calories worth of food or less, though all very clean.

Saturday was a grueling 4-5 hours of bike riding, with intermittent walking and eating. Throughout the day I had pate, eggs, Thai curry and rice, ground beef and some vegetables, and a jar of pasta sauce. Net 3500 calories maybe? After burning 3000 of them...

Sunday woke up super puffy from the sodium in the pasta sauce. Fasted pretty much the entire day walking around places for several hours and doing a bunch of gardening. Came home and ate ground beef and vegetables, a head of romaine, an entire chicken breast, and a pound and a half worth of different cheeses. D'oh. Protein clocked around 350g, and fat around 250g. LOL at least carbs were <100? XD Anticipate being puffy tomorrow. But at least I ate back what I was missing on Friday...since today's stats were 3500 calories as well.

Monday:

Did a 23 hour fast. Gym included:

Squats: 45x1x5 (OH), 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 155x3x5
    OHP: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 70x2x5, 75x1x3, 75x1x2
    Deadlift: 135x1x5, 205x1x5, 230x1x3, 230x1x2

Dinner was 1.5 lb chicken breast, 7 eggs, 1 lb tomato, 1 lb sweet potato, and a bitter melon (omg I'm never eating one ever again -.-)

Hey babe, do you find that eating only dinner i.e. 1 large meal a day, makes you puffier the next morning? As opposed to spreading the food out in 2 meals, say lunch and dinner. I'm still trying to figure out which way of eating best fits me.

Also, if I do 2 meals, I really need to be out and busy in the afternoons or I'll be looking for snacks. One meal (big dinner) seems to work well, but then I'm staying up pretty late these days and I start to look for supper *gasp* arghhhh

On a more positive note, my stash of chocolate isn't gone yet! Unbelievable.

Jacq: Yes, definitely. I find that if I eat more than around 1500 calories worth at night, I'll get puffy. I'm assuming you have a chocolate problem too? xD What bars do you have stowed away in the pantry? ;P

Tuesday:

Ugh, felt crappy the entire day. Probably because I went to sleep past midnight playing D3. D'oh.
    Went to work. Had a mile walk for lunch, but didn't have caffeine per usual because I took a half hour nap. Had this jarred moroccan sauce because it actually wasn't bad in terms of ingredients and I was hungry.
    AND THEN CAME DINNER WTF.
    So I ate a pound of grass-fed beef, a small jar of homemade sauerkraut, a really small head of romaine, and a dozen eggs. Then I got more peckish and ate 6 more eggs. Then 2 small sweet potatoes. Then I got desperate and dug into the freezer and pulled out my free sample of this rice dish, which had pretty good ingredients except for the occasional peanut and the corn oil. After I ate that, I felt so much better. Maybe it was the glycogen depletion? I'm going to experiment more with playing with the carbs to make me feel full. I don't know why, but I always majorly overeat on the day after training, even with 2000 calories of food and >200g protein. Doesn't help that this time around I am at my TTOM -.-

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ah okay thanks for the heads up.. I like being nocturnal but snacking at night - BAD. That's the only reason I try to sleep earlier

Lol since primal my staple is Lindt 85%, which I can actually control, so that's okay. The problem comes when Green & Blacks go on sale... Bought tons of G&B 70% (they didn't have anything darker) recently and realise I vacuum them up like nobody's business -_- Good thing is they are gone. I won't be replenishing them. Sigh.

Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast