Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 3

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Friday, September 9, 2011:

Breakfast: Cream cheese, the last 1.5 blocks of my 99% cacao Scharffen Berger
    Lunch: Goat mozzarella with basil and tomato
    Dinner: 1 oz sunflower seeds, 2 eggs, a plate of frozen veggies with olive oil

This is where it goes bad

Lots and lots of mooncake (luckily, I was able to grab the pieces that had like 75% of it as duck yolk...yum!). Everybody was talking about how bad the lard in the dough was and how bad the cholesterol in the eggs were...but I was weeping for the amount of sugar I consumed...although I just now found out that I only had about 65g carbs at the most.

Also unfortunately there was an alcoholic afterparty. I have no idea how many carbs and alcohols I consumed. I'm just going to log it as 100g to be safe.

Carbs: 250
    Protein: 70?
    Fat: Going to guess 130g

Luckily the 30 day challenge is coming up soon and I shouldn't have any more repeat days like this since all the Chinese holidays are over (for now). Yay!
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-10-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Breakfast (pre-workout of 2 hours of sprinting..): coconut water, fig, m&ms because I was still hungry and my friend had them...
    Lunch: IF
    Dinner: Sauteed amaranth with garlic and olive oil, cheddar and goat cheese
    Snack: Blueberries and coconut milk, a dark chocolate bar with sea salt

Carbs: 145
    Protein: 157
    Fat: 153

As soon as I find an easy way to eat buy and store good meat, I will ditch all my cheese. It's completely taking over my diet (>50% of fats, >50% of proteins). At least they aren't nuts
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-10-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Breakfast: 2 spoon coconut milk with coffee, a fig, and smoked gouda cheese
    Lunch: romaine lettuce, turkey burger, salmon
    Dinner: raw milk cheese, seaweed, coconut milk
    Dessert: chocolate, a fig, and more chocolate
    After dessert...: chocolate and more coconut milk...then tried to slow down the sugar with some protein via 2 eggs

Carbs: 119
    Protein: 180
    Fat: 235

I think my time of the month is coming...I am consuming chocolate like there is no tomorrow...and not even really delicious chocolate, either =/ Either that, or my body wants calories from yesterday's practice. I only did sprints for about 10 minutes, and slow walking for about an hour today.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-11-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Yes! Really excited about the 30 day challenge. I will be focusing on three main things during this challenge:

1) 50g carbs or fewer, except on days with intense exercise of at least 1 hour. This will help me decrease my unnecessary chocolate consumption.
    2) Dairy only from goat milk. And half and half for coffee at Starbucks, but nothing else.
    3) 8 hours of sleep every day. Magnesium citrate supplement on its way to my place, so hopefully I'll actually be able to sleep peacefully.

Monday, September 12, 2011:

Food log
    Breakfast: Espresso chocolate bar
    Lunch: Chives and 5 eggs
    Pre-workout snack: Picked out all the almonds and brazil nuts from the kind fruit and nut bars I got for free
    Dinner: Protein powder, 2 eggs, amaranth leaves sauteed in butter and shallots
    After dinner snack: half a chocolate bar, tablespoon coconut oil

Macros
    Carbs: 96
    Protein: 89
    Fat: 122

Exercise log
    Morning: Bench press 3x5, Triceps press 2x8
    Afternoon: 50 minute boot camp
    Throughout the day: 40 minutes bike riding to and from work

Ahhhh I think those almonds screwed me over, since I was so ready to just eat some vegetables and protein powder for dinner. At least my carbs are under 100g...tomorrow I'll do much better since I'll just have coffee with some half and half for breakfast. I usually eat less when I have less to eat for breakfast...
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-12-2011 at 08:33 PM.

I'm really impressed and proud of all the new journals started in the last few days! It took me forever to find my journal buried in the huge list of new threads. Great job on going primal everyone!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011:

Food log
    Breakfast: Coffee with half and half
    Snack: Half a Scharffen Berger 82% chocolate bar
    Lunch: Sauteed amaranth and shallot in butter scrambled with 5 eggs, coffee with half and half
    Dinner: Sauteed amaranth and turkey burger in butter and garlic, and a fig..then LOTS of nori
    Dessert: Scharffen Berger 99% square, TJ's 85% 50g, and a tablespoon or so of coconut oil

Ratios
    Carbs: 100
    Protein: 100
    Fat: 117

Exercise
    Morning: 20 minute bike ride to work
    Afternoon: Deadlifts and squats, some occasional snatches
    Evening: 2 mile walk back home to work while grabbing groceries on the way

...Am wondering if it is worth it to overconsume either chocolate or cheese....seems like I swing very much forward toward whatever I have more of.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-13-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Still deciding whether or not I want to indulge in cheese or chocolate on a regular basis...cheese has lots of salt, but chocolate has lots of carbs...cheese has potential anti-fat-loss properties, and chocolate has anti-oxidants...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011:

Food log
    Breakfast: 4 hardboiled eggs and 50g 85% chocolate bar
    Lunch: Bison burger with iceberg lettuce, lite pepperjack, and tomato; whole milk cappuccino, dry
    Dinner: Slightly fermented fig, 50g 85% chocolate bar, 1 egg and 2 egg whites, sauteed amaranth with shallot
    Snack: Coconut flour (I hope it's safe to eat standalone...), 50g 85% chocolate bar, half square of 99% scharffen berger, plus a crapton of seaweed

Ratios
    Carbs: 168
    Protein: 124
    Fat: 150

Exercise
    Morning: Pushups and pullups
    Commute: Walking for about 1 mile

On a side note, I've decided to make it more cheese and less chocolate after this weekend's sports competition. Then I can start with the VLC and see if my results will speed up. Really wanting to hit my goals for Christmas so that I can use it as proof to get my family on Primal!
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-14-2011 at 10:29 PM.

RefiningMe is offline Junior Member
    I'm really enjoying your food journal! I admire that you eat so much organ meat - I'm not brave enough to try it yet. Doesn't that sound silly?? I know how good it is but it's a total mental block. I'm also a fellow chocoholic - I Looooove G&B's hazelnut/currant bar. I've been dreaming of making a bark with dried cherries and sea salt almonds, too.

Thanks! It's not too hard for me to eat organ meat because I grew up doing it, as I am your typical Chinese chicken-feet-eater =P Maybe you can ease into it by ordering it at a Chinese restaurant to see if you like it, since they will most likely prepare it in a delicious way. Otherwise, if you'd like, I can give you several recipes if you'd prefer to make stuff from scratch.

I really like your idea of making your own bark, though! I really love sea salt bars, but they're always 70% or less in cacao content, but your idea of adding dried cherries for the sweetness in a darker chocolate is really smart! You should try it and let me know how it goes! We can trade recipes! lol

Thursday, September 15, 2011:

Food log
    Breakfast: caved in and had a few donut holes
    Lunch: eggs with amaranth and seaweed soup
    Pre-dinner: cheese samples
    Dinner: figs and cheese....
    After dinner: homemade butter mochi...and half 99% scharffen berger square

Ratios
    Carbs: 127
    Protein: 117
    Fat: 170

Exercise log
    Morning: light 1 mile jog
    Commute: 20 minutes biking to work
    Commute: 60 minutes biking back home, with picking up cheese along the way
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-15-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast