Page 23 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 23

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Woot. Last night. Fasted 21 hours, then ate a pound of fish, some eggs, and a huge yam. Dandelion tea. No oil pulling, but no chocolate either
    Nice!

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Omg so full....completely 24 hour fast, gym, and ate a pound of ground beef, some eggs, a pound of kale, and a pound of sweet potato. I looked up on slimkicker and I ate less than 1900 calories. Sooooo stuffed x_X I should do this more often!

So I did the same thing on Thursday today. Yesterday for lunch I had some sushi, and just had a bunch of eggs and a pound of sweet potato for dinner, which kept me pretty satisfied. Calorie count for the last few days range from 1500-2000. No chocolate either. Sweet! Helps to have motivation xD

I think I'm going to tone it down with the sweet potato, though. I'm eating a total of 100-150g of carbs on workout days, and I think it might be a little much for the amount of exercise I do (stronglifts, pretty much) Going to try toning it down to the 60-80g range to see what happens.

Weekend included strength one day and sprints another. Trying to rework my strength positioning so that it has correct form. Food was similar, except on Sunday I also had like a half pound of coconut pieces. Wheee MCTs hopefully? I did walk a bit though.

Whoo, I think I'm finally over my "Primal adaptation" stage (which took way longer than I planned) I have no desire for snacking for the most part, and I eat pretty much once a day unless my coworkers want to have lunch. Chocolate and cheese free for 8 days so far, and feeling great and no remorse like the last time I cut them out.

On the other hand, I've been in ketosis for 4 days since I've been only eating half a pound of sweet potato after workouts each day. I'm not sure if it's better this way, or how often to do a super high carb day. I'll just wait til the weekend to decide.. xD

Good stuff!

By the way, when did you realize you were finally in ketosis? I'm not sure myself 100%, just yet. But I kind of have an inkling..

Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    By the way, when did you realize you were finally in ketosis? I'm not sure myself 100%, just yet. But I kind of have an inkling..
    It was mainly the acetone breath. I've had it for 5 days now.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My sleep has been really awful lately. I've resorted today to using espresso shots in the morning to combat ketosis brain fog. I'm probably going to start carbing up tonight, and then do a fast from Friday night to Sunday lunch.

Page 23 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast