Page 21 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 21

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks! XD I mentioned to my coworker the other day that 30% of my grocery bill is in chocolate (although it's actually more like 30% of my calories for a more accurate measurement...) I found that once I've switched to the sweeter varieties (70% instead of 90%), I eat a lot less of it.

This past Thursday I attempted some light squats because of my still-slightly-injured hip, and bench presses. I PR'd on the bench at 115x1? Although I'm pretty sure I hit this PR before I started my mass carbphobic month that prevented me from any gains. Oh well! At least I'm back up to this benchmark.

I started doing fasts as well. This past week I've only had black coffee for breakfast and on Thursday I went to the gym on a ~20 hour fast. I think it helped me feel stronger, but my stomach started to hurt because it wasn't digesting anything LOL. I need to get used to it better. But it has definitely cut down my caloric intake and chocolate cravings, especially right before TTOM. 2/6 days I had chocolate after dinner and yesterday I also had cheese. Caloric intake varied from 1600 to 2700 (lifting days 1600 and post-lifting days 2300-2700) I also think the 150g protein every day helps, especially if I try to pack it all into one meal!

Wow yesterday was kind of an awesome cheat day. I spent St. Patty's Day gaming with my friends LOL ~ I'm not really huge into the bar scene anyway.

I had approx 8 mile walk at the gym and to the library, so I rewarded my long exercise regime by eating lots of yummy food. I ate 6 pounds worth of tomatoes in sundried tomatoes, 1 pound of duck liver, 3 lindt chocolate bars, 6 eggs, and 1 pound of sweet potato. I am also really juiced up right now for my deadlift session at the gym. Yayyyy

porcelain is offline Senior Member
    Good luck Sakura! I'm Chinese so I know what food you're eating when you list haw flakes or moonseed cakes (they're traditional comfort food lol). ;D
    You sound like quite an athlete too. I think I'd feel like a weak pea standing next to you...

No worries, I bet you are pretty strong too I do it because I want to be useful in dragon boat - I'm sure you've heard of the sport? ;P

porcelain is offline Senior Member
    Of course! My friend does dragon boat racing too! Do you have to workout one arm more in particular just to balance the strength of the other arm? :P

Lmao, sadly that doesn't happen. It's more of a core activity, so if anything gets bigger/stronger, it's my abs, back and shoulder. D'oh haha. Lifting weights does help to balance it outside of water training, though. It just sucks when I do situps and I start leaning to one side because one oblique is stronger than the other XD

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    I too have a chocolate fettish. I didn't always used to be this way. When I was younger, the smell of chocolate would make me sick. Then, then I got pregnant with Gabi. That was it, I was all over chocolate. I haven't turned back since then, but I have found solace in darker chocolates. Since my mom is about to open up her own chocolate business, there never seems to be a shortage of new ideas to taste test for her. She mostly does dark chocolate truffles that are sooooooooo dang delicious!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Wow, I'm so jealous! I'd love to be a taste tester if your mom needs a 3rd opinion. ;P

Page 21 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast