Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 20

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hmmm I should probably log my progress at the gym too.

Sunday I worked my way up with 5 reps until 185x2 on squats. Then did ohp well for 65x5; couldn't really do 75 lbs without some hip action. Then deadlifts sucked ass at 185x5...205x2....fail on the 225. Argh.

Today my squats were terrible. Except my ass to grass is now at 135x5 which I am happy about. Bench press did 5 reps of increasing weights until I hit 115x1, which I did twice. I keep half-assing barbell rows because I think I'm doing them wrong. I did a set of 95x5 and then a 115x3. Did some rowing machine since the gym finally fixed the dang thing. Wasn't very satisfied, considering my endurance was really bad. But my 30 second sprinting looks extremely good, especially since the heavy lifting has helped some. I feel like today's gym returns were really low compared to the amount of carbs I ate yesterday (maybe about 180-200g worth, which is way more than normal)

Wtf. So I cut back on fat intake (now around 80g or so instead of 120+) and my skin dried up. It looks really scaly and on the verge of bleeding again. But I've also lost the slight acne I was developing on my face from all the fat (and my skin is normally hella clear...from childhood to now). Not sure which of the tradeoff I prefer.

Really really really working on getting enough sleep. And relaxing. I can get really good about this, until I start playing Starcraft. Then my adrenaline gets pumping and I sleep later and I don't feel as relaxed as I do throughout a weekend day otherwise. Give up Starcraft for lent? >_>

Man, I am craving some kale like mad. I'm sad that the local produce store decided to increase their price for a bunch of kale from $0.99 to $2.49. Should have bought more last week

I'm taking some time off from heavy lifting. I overstretched my hip abductor doing ass to grass last week too much. Going to be mostly doing sprint-based things that don't involve my hip muscles.

I hate not being active and not being able to push my hip at all. I tried to do half an hour of light rowing machine yesterday, but quit at 10 minutes. I hate treadmill and elliptical in the gym now. I guess all I can do is walk! Today I'm going to do just that.

Coffee with cream/butter/coco oil for bfast and lunch. Planning on fasting for dinner to see if I can do it. I ate way too much junk last night and the night before (feta and chocolate...I'm hella bloated)

Aw, man. I keep coming home, eating dinner, and packing away like 200g of good chocolate. I think I'm going to have to go on another no-chocolate thing again.

Been slightly sick the past few days. Throat sore. Stopped moving outside altogether, and getting swollen from the excess salt/carbs. Ugh.

I think I need more Vitamin E. Skin getting all gross and sometimes feeling tingles at my extremities. Raw almonds are not very appealing to eat though. Time to buy Vitamin E oil?

Whoooooo and Day 1 of my real Whole 30 begins. I'll allow butter and cream just for my coffee.

No relapses even during TTOM. Coffee should seriously be treat enough for everything.

I also ordered a bunch of BCAA through Amazon, so I should feel a lot less uneasy about training fasted and not feeding right away. I might even skip dinner now

I really don't understand why I had so many cravings for chocolate yesterday. Makes me want to kind of cheat and make "chocolate" out of my coco oil and cocoa and stevia.

But Days 2 and 3 went by really well! I drank chai tea at night before going to sleep. I think it may have caffeine effects on me because I couldn't get to sleep very well. Will switch over to dandelion (omg that stuff smells like Chinese herbal shop...-.-) which will probably completely kill any cravings whenever I have some of the tea. The tricky part is waiting for it to brew for 15 min.

My BCAA is coming on Friday. Can't wait!

Maybe I'm misreading my carb cravings as food cravings? Hmmm

OMG YAY DEADLIFT PR 235x1. Yesssssss. Hip abductor still screwed over so can't do squats though =\

I was so excited that I had to post this. Also I am having sweet potato for dinner. So excited!!!

Nelle is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Holy crap, you are more of a chocoholic than I am! Fun read, though.

Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast