Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 2

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow! You live in Victoria? I absolutely LOVE that island Soooo beautiful haha.

And I know what you mean by those "chocoholics" who totally love their M&Ms and Snickers! I just bite my tongue knowing I get a 90% later on that tastes a lot better ^^ What's your favorite chocolate brand?

CandylandCanary is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to move to Vic very soon, just waiting on the condo being renovated. And I've got to hang out here and help my mom get my sister + baby packed off to move to England. Right now I'm in the Gulf Islands, but I'm in Vic twice a week.

Vancouver Island is pretty awesome. But I have yet to see more of California, myself... and I wanna. Five hours while jetlagged wandering around in LAX does not count as actually visiting. Did you guys get more of a summer down there? Ours up here wasn't that great.

Oh, and have you been to Tofino?

And I know what you mean by those "chocoholics" who totally love their M&Ms and Snickers! I just bite my tongue knowing I get a 90% later on that tastes a lot better ^^ What's your favorite chocolate brand?
    Seriously! I don't get it, the top note of all that crappy 'chocolate' is sugar. All you can taste is sugar. There was actually a news story yesterday about how (shocker) chocolate is good for you. But then they had to haul on this exasperated researcher who read out the ingredients on an O Henry bar. "You have to have dark chocolate, at least 75% cocoa, and only lightly sweetened if that for the health benefit." And I'm like... so, what other kind is there? That's actually decent, I mean. And then they interview twenty people on the street who all go 'Nooo! Dark chocolate is bitter! I want milk chocolate!"

I think dark chocolate is just wasted on these people, anyway.

My absolute favorite chocolate in the universe forever and ever is Bernard Callebaut.
    Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut - Home

I know they used to sell unsweetened baking chocolate by the pound in their factory store in Calgary, I don't know if they still do. I haven't been back to Alberta for a while. Pretty sure they sell unsweetened cocoa still. They have sugarfree chocolate too, though I'm pretty sure it's sugar alcohols, and not xylitol either. But at least it isn't aspartame or something.

But when I'm not in Calgary, I tend to default to Greens & Blacks. Camino isn't bad either, though I think it's a hair overpriced.
    Getting my Grok on in the Pacific Northwest.

"C is for cookie, that's good enough for me."
    "Cookie is a sometimes food."
    "Sometimes cookie monster eat APPLE instead of COOKIE. Sometimes eat CARROT."
    -Cookie Monster, partially reformed sugarholic

"

Wow! Did you grow up there? I've been to Tofino, but only very briefly as part of a Rocky Mountains/Vancouver trip xD Absolutely loved it - I am so jealous of where you live

I used to live in LA for college, though I moved up to the SF Bay Area in Northern California (although I'm originally from Hawaii). I suppose it's been a pretty good summer in NorCal, but I would definitely have preferred my warm summer showers and daily hikes and warm beaches in Hawaii

Haha, I just feel that it's too bad for the average person who dislikes dark chocolate and goes for the milk. They probably just grew up on the really junk stuff, so they have no appreciation for the real thing. Too bad...but more for us, as you said

I've never heard of that brand, but it looks soooo delicious Do you know where their cacao from their baking bars are from? Will definitely keep my eyes peeled for them next time I'm in BC! And thanks for the recommendation!
    I've yet to try a Scharffen Berger, since I've been scared of the price every time I walk into Whole Foods, but I heard it's the best. I am going to make it my reward chocolate bar if I get to my goal in a month. Have you ever tried the brand?

Tuesday: August 30, 2011

Breakfast: 2 eggs
    Lunch: Scrambled eggs and chives
    Lifting snack: Jamba juice berry fulfilling with whey
    Dinner: Steamed vegetables and raisins
    After dinner snack: Blueberries with whipping cream...and more raisins

Carbs: 278
    Protein: 74

Whoops...no more Jamba Juice for me.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 08-31-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Wednesday: August 31, 2011

Breakfast: 85% chocolate bar
    Lunch: Shrimp salad with blue cheese dressing
    Dinner: Canned salmon with garlic, onions, and tomatoes, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkle of lime juice
    After dinner snack: Blueberries and coconut milk
    After after dinner snack: too many haw flakes and 85% chocolate bar

Carbs: 197
    Protein: 74

Starting tomorrow I think I'm going to log my fats because I don't think I'm eating enough, with all the extra carbs in the evening. Although these extra sugars are really going to keep me going during my hour-long intense cardio group exercise at the gym
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 08-31-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Thursday, September 1, 2011:

Breakfast: Fig, leftover Chinese restaurant fish, duck gizzard and onion
    Lunch: Ground turkey and amaranth leaves
    Afternoon snack: Way too much low % chocolate hidden in my desk...hate afternoon slumps
    Dinner: Bok choy and salmon
    After dinner snack: coconut milk and blueberries and banana
    After after dinner snack (gotta stop snacking...): Fig and haw snacks

Carbs: 236
    Protein: 116
    Fat: 146
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-01-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Wow, this past weekend has been pretty terrible with all the dairy consumption lol. At least my carbs have overall been below 100g every day, I'm pretty sure, as I've only eaten about two pounds of blueberries and several small figs as my carbs the entire weekend.

Monday, September 5, 2011:

Breakfast: Fig, young Thai coconut, half square scharffen berger 99% bar
    Lunch: Seaweed soup, delicious duck gizzards in red sauce, prune
    Dinner: kabocha squash and a sampling of italian goat cheese, havarti cheese, and blue cheese

Carbs: 95
    Protein: 174
    Fat: 190

In my defense, I probably burned about 1,000 calories riding my bike back and forth everywhere in addition to a short heavy lifting session and a half hour yoga session XD

On the other hand, I think I may need to add cheese to the list of no-no's...in addition to nuts. Also going to limit fruits to just 1 piece every day.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-05-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011:

Breakfast/snacks: G&B 70% coffee bar (I needed the caffeine..)
    Lunch: Duck gizzard, sauteed amaranth in garlic butter
    Dinner: Eggs, pumpkin, seaweed, and my leftover cheese
    Dessert: 99% chocolate, ground sesame seeds, and a few pecans

Carbs: 136
    Protein: 104
    Fat: 148

Darn it, I got too hungry when I came home today. I shouldn't have had all that sugar from the Green & Black's bar. On the other hand, at least 50g of those carbs were fiber. Going to have smaller pieces of darker chocolate for breakfast tomorrow morning, and then transitioning to IFing breakfasts.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-06-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011:

Breakfast: 87% dark chocolate, seaweed soup
    Lunch: Chicken salad with blue cheese dressing
    Snack: Cream cheese and half and half
    Dinner: Amaranth and duck gizzard, with konnyaku in the sauce (extra 7.5g carbs+7.5g fiber)
    Post dinner snack: 2oz sunflower seeds

Carbs: 82
    Protein: 130
    Fat: 119
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 09-07-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thursday, September 8, 2011:

Breakfast: IF
    Lunch: Amaranth sauteed with garlic and butter and duck gizzard
    Dinner: Scrambled eggs with Chinese garlic chives
    After dinner snack: 2 oz sunflower seeds, 5 oz pecans

Trying to get rid of my high-PUFA snacks xD

Carbs: 57
    Protein: 126
    Fat: 158

Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast