Page 19 of 99 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 19

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, I kept going and made a beeline for hershey's kisses....when I am sane, I don't touch the damn things. AHHH. Well at least this morning I felt full All glycogen-loaded for the gym now. Hopefully the exercise helps regulate my appetite, like it normally does.

Last week my plan actually failed. I pretty much had BP coffee in the morning with several Tbsp of butter and coconut oil. Lunch was usually another coffee with several Tbsp of heavy cream. Dinner would be 1 lb of grass fed beef with coconut oil and assorted vegetables. 4-5oz of macadamia nuts afterward as "dessert". I fasted through breakfast 2 of the days. Saturday was a morning fast, followed by a half pound of raw salmon in cauliflower rice sushi, and 12oz of pre-made sausages for dinner. And some homemade pate made from 1 lb chicken liver and 1/4 cup ghee. Sunday was bp coffee for lunch, and had an eating window of 6 hours that included the rest of the pate and 1lb beef.

Maybe I am eating too much fat. Perhaps my fat % is actually lower than what I think it is, and I need more carbs. I can't seem to get full or have less (real food) cravings unless I eat those 1,000 calories of mac nuts as dessert
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 02-15-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Well I guess to be positive, in the past 6 weeks since new year's I've gotten rid of my dairy cravings and chocolate cravings altogether. I just need to address my nightly hunger issues after working out.

New plan. Lots more protein and less fat, via factory-farmed egg whites incorporated into my meat. And dialing up the carbs pre-workout. We'll see how everything goes this week.

I'm sad to have to dump all the fat from my grass-fed beef petburger though. I have to; otherwise the amount of fat in it would limit me to eat only 3 of them/week, and I'd prefer to get through my freezer stash before 2 months are up. Plus I'd like more variety than just petburgers for 2 months anyway xD

I do have a small stash of pure whey, but I'm not sure if it's safe to consume because of the oxidization. Plus it's casein, and I'm pretty sure I get addiction cravings from A1

Man, all that lovely yellow fat going down the drain I have to figure out a way to at least save it for future use or something. Boo.

Yesterday I came back with a 225lb deadlift (need to rework on those calluses) and a 75lb ohp. Squat was slightly dismal at barely one rep at 185lbs, but I am focusing on ass to grass so will eventually get a lot better. Omg I'm starting to love carbs more now!

Breakfast was some bp coffee with about a total Tbsp of coconut oil and ghee combined. Lunch was like 6 eggs' worth of whites and half a pound of petburger with a lot of fat removed (my container is no longer coated with grease like it used to...) with some leeks. Dinner was the same as lunch, except I had a pound of sweet potato in addition because it was after my workout. And some nightly chocolate...but was plenty full afterward and completely stopped grazing

Today I fasted through the morning and had a coffee with heavy cream for lunch for fear of falling asleep from going to work early. I probably should have not gotten anything except a walk, though, since I didn't feel hungry at lunch time and my brain was starting to perk up at 11 anyway. Oh well. I like coffee too much.

Came home from driving a lot in traffic to run errands that I didn't feel like doing tabatas. Ate a pound + of haddock with a bit of leek, sauteed in a bit of ghee. I was through 3/4 of it before I realized that I forgot the salt. Lol.

Same deal as Tuesday. Except my vegetable was a pound of asparagus instead of a thing of leek. Not quite as delicious, but I'll eat it. Should fast tomorrow through breakfast haha.

UGH ate like 5 bars of chocolate this weekend. Must stop allowing that to happen.

Thinking about doing a prolonged fasting period for lent. The only thing stopping me is athletic performance And the 40 pounds of meat in my freezer.

So right now I am experimenting with eating lots of protein with my coffee (with way less fat) in the morning, meat and veggies for lunch with maybe some coffee, and the same for dinner except with carbs if there's a heavy workout. Exercise plan is lift heavy 2-3x/week, sprint training or zumba the days right after, and 1 rest day.

For lent I am thinking about giving up MEALS, period, for Saturdays (people at my office tend to want to go out to eat on Fridays and I don't want to be antisocial). I like food too much, so I'm thinking about seriously doing a fast for the entire day instead of giving up on one food. Unfortunately this coincides with my only serious cardio day, for zumba, so I may move it to Friday anyway. We'll see what happens.

Last night was not pretty. I was trying for more protein in the morning, so I aimed for a beef/egg/veggie thing for breakfast and lunch, and maybe something small for dinner. Well the dinner turned out to be huge because I gorged on all the cheese (about 3/4 lb of gouda and chevre) I had in the fridge. And then I went for some Kisses before realizing that the cheese was making me crave carbs, so I also ate a pound of purple sweet potato. At least I'm all ready for the gym today.....

Someone also pointed out to me that I could be craving salt and not carbohydrate since I exercise often and oftentimes forget to salt my beef/veggie meal with my Himilayan pink salt. I don't even know if the amount I douse my food in is even enough because I'm used to blander tasting foods. Maybe I have to look for more ways to get in some salt.

Page 19 of 99 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast