Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 14

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wednesday, December 21

Omg that WOD killed my muscles. Spent today super sore. Did a barefoot mile run for fun. My achilles is killing me, but at least it should get better with time.

Lunch was spaghetti squash with lean beef. And a chocolate at work. Dinner was a bunch of roast duck. Snack was a bit of chocolate and mac nuts....

OMG I just realized I now have the ingredients for mac nut bark: coconut oil, 100% Ghirardelli chocolate, and mac nuts. Time to experiment! And get some parchment paper.

Update for the weekend:

Had a bunch of Chinese food from restaurants the past few days. Pretty sure the constipation I had was related to wheat. Feel gross because of the vegetable oils. I really hope the red flecks in my poo was pepper flakes and not blood from constipation. Lol.

Came home and the first thing I had was a nitrate- and hormone-free Portuguese sausage. Then another. Then some dark chocolate and a whole can of mac nuts. Yup....pretty much ate for the entire weekend right there. >_>

So I've blown through 4 cans of macadamia nuts in a week already. Good thing I don't have any more left over. I guess I still can't control myself around nuts

Chocolate is running low. I only have 2.5 100% Ghirardelli bars left now, so I'll probably finish the other half weighing on my conscience, and then move on to no chocolate for January. Is it possible to overdose on magnesium? Because I'm thinking about doubling up on them from 200mg to 400mg/day. Hoping the chocolate cravings will go away.

I'm convinced I have to do Whole 30/Bulletproof/what have you in January. Except not officially because I am a rulebreaker (was worse than boys at troublemaking in elementary school...) and have come to realize that when I say I'm going to "not eat chocolate" I do it the next day anyway because I like the thrill of breaking rules. Lol.

January, here I come!!

Aaaaaand my goals and progress:

Goals before December 19:
    Weight: 145 Not met; actually gained to 160
    Size: 6-8 Nope, still 10
    Deadlift: 205 *met
    Snatch: 75 not sure actually. I haven't done these in a long time, but I know I have the strength and flexibility for it
    Squat: 155*met
    Bench: 115*At 105 for a 5x3. I think that qualifies as a met for a 1 rep max
    xxxPress (dumbbell): 90 Started doing barbell presses, which are slightly harder for the same weight
    xxxSeated row: 135 I actually decided not to do this one since I've started doing barbell rows
    1 Pullup, unassisted Unmet. still need 30-40lbs assisted
    2-minute ERG: 550m*met

So half? Not too bad...I obviously need to work on my dietary choices a little bit.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-28-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Nutrition and lifestyle goals for the new year
    - No worrying about the meals from restaurants being gross/faux foods. Supposedly part of my 20% anyway.
    - Eating less chocolate and dairy.
    - Eating 2-3 times a day only.
    - Get at least 8 hours of sleep a day on average.
    - Get exposed to sunlight every day for at least 15 minutes. No cheating by Vitamin D only.
    - Consume only local and/or organic foods. Especially the coffee.

Fitness goals
    - Deadlift: 305lbs
    - Squat: 215lbs
    - Bench: 155lbs
    - Overhead press: 115lbs
    - Barbell rows: 165lbs
    - Snatch: 105lbs
    - 3-minute erg: 800m

GO

Yesterday I went to the gym late at night and did squats, overhead presses, and barbell rows. Squats were 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 175x2x3, 165x1x5. Overhead presses (standing) were 45x1x5, 65x3x5. Barbell rows were 45x1x5, 95x2x5, 45x1x5. Followed by a mini-wod of 1000m row as fast as possible.

Ugh, had a terrible lifting week. None of my weights increased, although I did achieve a 1rm on squats at 185 and on deadlifts at 225. My erg also slowed down as well. I think it might have to do with the fact that I'm not eating any sugar. On the other hand, at least I am finally burning my fat. I didn't eat all day until 7pm after the gym, and I felt no hunger

Just made ghee today with a paper towel since I don't have a good strainer/cheesecloth. I got impatient at the end and tried to clump all the oil through, but a lot of the whey went in with it. So annoying trying to get it back out.

But ghee is absolutely delicious <3

PrimalCon New York
    Wow, I've had NO chocolate cravings for the past week, except maybe the first day. The extra magnesium probably helps. Also, I've drastically increased my fat intake from about 50g per day to probably a little over 100g every day, since I eat a lot of shredded coconut and having spoonfuls of ghee or coconut cream. So either my body was craving magnesium or more fat from the cocoa.

Even though I was slightly full yesterday, I weighed myself and lost a kg. Yay!

I bought some 'uala, or okinawan sweet potatoes, or purple potatoes, yesterday at a Korean supermarket because they were on sale. I'm going to eat them to treat myself to an especially low energy day or when I exceed my expectations lifting weights. Yay! Because they taste so good and are so much better than regular sweet potatoes since I can skip out on the berries for a bit.

Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast