Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 13

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wednesday, December 7

Green tea in the morning. Lunch was a huge salad with some chicken (wtf like 3 oz? the restaurant I went to sucked), avocado (wtf 3 slices? sigh...), olives, and blue cheese (no dressing). Dinner was ground beef and zucchini. Snacked on the rest of my cheese (~1lb? lols..) I'm going to try having 1/2 lb average of meat/fish for lunch and 1 lb for dinner and see how that goes. If not, I'm going to increase my lunch meat intake as well. Man, this is massively screwing with my cooking schedule, lol.

Lifting was okay. Because I didn't bike in such a long time yesterday, my quads were still energy-less. As a result, my squats suffered. Squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 115x1x5, 135x1x3, 115x1x3, 95x2x5, 45x1x5. Overhead press: 45x1x5, 55x1x5, 65x3x5, 45x1x5. Deadlift: 115x1x3, 135x1x5, 155x1x5, 185x1x3, 135x1x5.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-07-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Thursday, December 8

I'm very frustrated today. After a very yummy zucchini and 1/2lb ground beef lunch and a 1lb canned salmon fried cauliflower rice with eggs all sauteed in butter, I STILL ate like half a pound of chocolate covered almonds because they were there -.-" Why am I so weak...ugh. I am really, really considering doing the Whole 30 just to lessen my reliance on chocolate. But family visiting in 2 weeks, so it'd be extremely difficult to do, especially while traveling. Probably because in the back of my mind, I think that it's okay to have a little chocolate, which inevitably leads to a LOT of chocolate. Same with cheese. I wish PB totally disallowed both of these foods instead of "in moderation" since moderation doesn't work for me. Man, I am kind of psychologically messed up lol.

I think it might have to do with the sleep factor this week, though, since I've been getting 7 hours of sleep every night instead of my comfortable 8-9 due to gaming...should probably wean off that too =/

My muscles are pretty sore this week compared to last week. Is it because of lack of sleep or because I worked harder? Even though I lifted less weight.

Too many variables...

Friday, December 9

I'm a little late posting this, but this day I did okay. Brunch was coffee with several T of whipping cream. Dinner was a huge thing of a small spaghetti squash, 1lb 85% grass-fed ground beef, and garlic/parsley/etc. Then I snacked on shredded coconut to keep myself awake until 1m playing games....but! I think I stayed around the 2,000 calorie range, which wasn't terrible. Plus, sleep was awesome because I wasn't cold at all!!

When I was lifting, I think my leg muscles were getting tired. Reconsidering my modified Stronglifts 3x5 to become a 2-day a week instead of 3-day a week sort of thing. Which is still a significant improvement from several weeks ago, when I was doing bench one day, squats another, and deadlifts the last lol. My squats maxed out today at 115x3x5 again. Then I benched 45x1x6, 65x1x5, 95x1x5, 105x3x4, 45x1x5. Plus, I corrected my form on that exercise. Finally, rows were really weak, at 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 95x1x3. Stopped to do dumbbell rows for a set at 50lbs. I'm getting soooo weak on my upper back, it's kind of ridiculous. I'm going to try to focus on that more right now since the weight is really off from my other heavy lifts.

Saturday, December 10

AHHHH messed up today due to carrots making me feel squeamish. Brunch was a sampling at Costco, which included some steak, some Italian cuts of preserved pork, machengo cheese, and macadamia nut covered in milk chocolate (I sooo miss home so I ate one). Then I bought some crab on sale and ate the 1.5lb sucker for my real lunch with rice vinegar. For some reason I started to eat more shredded coconut in the afternoon....then dinner was some real food of ground beef sauteed with carrots and onions. And I munched on a raw carrot while waiting. Felt really nauseous after that raw carrot, and I literally felt like throwing up every 5 minutes. So I ate a bunch of milk chocolate since it had sugar (everything else I have has only fat...which would worsen the problem), about 20-30 kisses? Bleh. But I did feel better about it.

Exercise was 1 hr zumba. Fun stuff.

Sunday, December 11

So I realized (finally) after browsing around the forums that it was mostly the cheese that was causing a lot of body inflammation, especially since I get all mucus-y when I consume non-raw cheese. So I'm going to really focus on not eating cheese, especially now since I know it's even worse for me than I originally thought. Then I'll move onto reducing chocolate intake afterward, I guess lol. Finally stocked my chocolate up and I shouldn't be running out for a while now.

Breakfast was coffee with some coconut cream. Dinner was about a (raw) pound of lamb leg and some roasted carrots. I ended my meal with a 90g chocolate bar and some shredded coconut. Carbs about 100g? I think that's fair considering I went to the gym.

Workout was squats: 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 115x1x5, 135x1x5, 145x3x5, 45x1x5. YAY finally made it to 145 with three sets! Overhead press: 45x1x5, 65x1x5, 75x1x3, 65x1x5, 45x1x5. I think I'm doing these wrong since my shoulder hurt after the 75, so I'm going to look at stronglifts' suggestion again. Finally, deadlifts: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 195x1x3. Whoopee! Almost at the 200lb mark. Today was a good lifting day ))

Monday, December 12

NOOOO I can't believe I screwed up the last part of my day again. ARgh. Morning had a cup of joe with coconut cream. Lunch was lamb over roasted carrots. Dinner was lamb curry over cauliflower rice. Then for fun I just melted some 100% Ghirardelli chocolate and mixed in some coconut threads. Then I ate a bunch more of coconut threads. And then I ate my chocolate Theo bar with almonds. Sigh....

Exercise was about 3 miles of walking. Meh. At least I did not play games today...

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member
    Keep up the deadlifts!!!! I think it is somehting most women are afraid of as they get "bulky" but that is a lie! So how is the body composition going primal? I see you seem to have many carb spike days but I think when someone has a hard core addiction to chocolate.....that can be hard.

Aw, thanks for checking up on me! I've actually been having a really shitty week (everything negative that can happen to you other than losing your job happened...seriously). Long story short, I turned to chocolate covered almonds and cashews lately and have been eating them in place of meals at night -.- On the positive side (seems to be the ONLY one this week) I think I've overcome my dairy addiction in less than two weeks. After my family comes for the holidays, I'm going to focus on REALLY going primal for a month and see what happens, since there is no way in heck I can stay Primal when my mom brings her slew of Chinese food and us going out to eat at wheat- and rice-ridden places. For now, I'm going to focus on cutting out the depression nuts and eating a lot more meat. Baby steps....

I actually weighed myself yesterday because I was curious, and I am almost 160lb! Like 158...that means I gained at least 3 pounds on Primal + lots of raw dairy + lots of chocolate. I understand that it might be because I am no longer always working off my water retention (used to be semi-cardio junkie with my sport training), especially since I am still eating a lot of sugar from that chocolate. Otherwise, body comp hasn't improved much. I didn't gain/lose any extra inches since clothes fit the same, but I expected that since I was a participant of a sprint sport and had a mild interest in weight lifting in the first place. I think once the holidays are over and I stop with the chocolate, I will be able to cut off a lot of body fat. Especially since I have a TON of muscle right now, so I can stand to lose some during the cutting.

Strength-wise I am on-target with my goals. Currently my stats are 195 with deadlift, 145 with squat, 105 bench press, 75 overhead press, and 40 pounds assisted with the pullups (which is pretty much almost an unassisted...I just have to find a pullup bar with better grip). I think next week I'll have a good chance increasing all those weights by 10lbs, which will be at my goals exactly. Those sugar spikes really do help lol...After I make those goals, I'm going to focus on cutting and just maintaining that strength if I am unable to increase it, due to less chocolate sugar spiking. I think I justify my chocolate binges in the moment by saying that I want to make my strength goals...xD

I REALLY want to find a girl friend to lift weights with, but none of my girl friends want to do heavy lifting (probs because they see me lifting, and being really big since my dietary choices really suck...). I haven't even seen any girls in my gym who go to the barbell area, either. There are some pretty wimpy ones with the 10lb dumbbell curls, but it's only been guys generally doing weights. I'd like to join crossfit, but it's too expensive. And they come off as pretty snobby to me sometimes, too...
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-16-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Since my last post, things have been going okay. I've been actually eating a lot of sea salt-chocolate covered almonds, and chocolate covered almonds in general (omg, TJs is such a killer....), just because it's easier munching on them than cooking and eating real food, if I want to play video games. I should just turn my major gaming days into IFs....

Also I did violate my "no dairy" multiple times this weekend just because of the multiple cheese samples at the store (like 10 varieties? for free? yes please!) and three cappuccinos and mistos at various expensive coffee places. Meh. And by the way, commercially made gluten free bread sucks I'm just not going to even try with the bread anymore.

In terms of exercise my only achievement was squats at 45x1x5, 95x1x5, 135x1x5, 155x1x3, 135x1x5, 155x1x5, 45x1x5. I went to a different gym that didn't have an overhead press area, so I just did 45x1x6 with the bar on a bench since I didn't want to injure myself. Then my deadlifts TOTALLY failed at max of 165lbs. Otherwise, no exercise. I'm itching to get to the 155x3x5 on my squats and 205x1x5 on the deadlifts. But tomorrow is benching...ahhhhh....

Tuesday, December 20

Okay, trying to get myself to eat more meat so I bought a bunch of pre-cooked sausages and have been munching away on those when "hungry." Definitely more filling than the carrot sticks idea.

Chocolate weaning has been slow but steady. Now down to 50g or less a day, which is not too bad. I fill in the holes with coconut.

Today at the gym I hit the bench press and deadlift, and did a self-made WOD. Bench: 45x1x5, 75x1x5, 95x1x5, 105x1x5, 105x2x4, 45x1x5. Deadlift: 135x1x5, 185x1x5, 205x1x2, 135x1x5. Not sure if I can call that a PR.

I killed all sides of my legs on the foam roller today. Ahhhhh so good but SO painful.

Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast